Raising Temperature

MattJacko

Has anyone had any success raising temperature?
I mainly hover around 96-97 throughout the day...have seen 98 on rare occasion but can’t figure out the reason

What I’ve tried:
1 oz well cooked mushrooms
Redbull (360% vitamin b6)
Carb loading (bread, pasta, OJ, Mexican coke)
Caffeine (coffee, Redbull, Mexican coke)
Milk (about 6 cups a day)
Aspirin

Any advice would help, thanks!

redsun

Has anyone had any success raising temperature?
I mainly hover around 96-97 throughout the day...have seen 98 on rare occasion but can’t figure out the reason

What I’ve tried:
1 oz well cooked mushrooms
Redbull (360% vitamin b6)
Carb loading (bread, pasta, OJ, Mexican coke)
Caffeine (coffee, Redbull, Mexican coke)
Milk (about 6 cups a day)
Aspirin

Any advice would help, thanks!

Lack of protein is probably the most common causes. Doesnt matter if you eat a bunch of carbs if you don't have enough protein. But if you are not getting enough vitamins and minerals daily then that could do it too.

Guaranteed you will quickly warm up if you eat a large slab of steak. And if you do this likely means you just aren't getting enough protein causing low temps. You mention eating a bunch of carbs (bread, pasta, and coke are not good carbs btw), caffeinated beverages, milk... No mention of eating meat. So if you don't eat much meat that would be my first guess as to your problem.

OP
M

MattJacko

Thanks for the reply! Should’ve mentioned meat and gelatin (collagen) are a solid staple of my diet and I have tried the “carnivore” diet in the past eating around 3 ribeye steaks a day. Since going “peaty” my protein intake probably has taken a big hit. I’ll try upping the intake and see what happens

Flash

Thanks for the reply! Should’ve mentioned meat and gelatin (collagen) are a solid staple of my diet and I have tried the “carnivore” diet in the past eating around 3 ribeye steaks a day. Since going “peaty” my protein intake probably has taken a big hit. I’ll try upping the intake and see what happens
Any improvement?

There’s a point where Thyroid must be consumed. This is the only way to raise temperatures reliably, very often. For me also, eating smaller portions of muscle meat, and getting more dairy products and very little starch helps.

I eat only a few ounces of meat a day, and only a little starch, and this helps a great deal to raise temperatures.Also, getting enough salt is critical. I add salt to my milk.

Flash

There’s a point where Thyroid must be consumed. This is the only way to raise temperatures reliably, very often. For me also, eating smaller portions of muscle meat, and getting more dairy products and very little starch helps.

I eat only a few ounces of meat a day, and only a little starch, and this helps a great deal to raise temperatures.Also, getting enough salt is critical. I add salt to my milk.
How much salt per day would you say, in order to make a difference in body temperature?

Beastmode

This mirrors my exact experience. Cutting out potatoes and rice and sticking to masa, fruit and fruit as my main carbs has done the job. Minus adding salt to my sweet milk :)

P

Peatness

Why does it take me all day to get my temperature up to 37*C.

chompie

For me, a very easily digestible starch - like sweet rice flour pancakes cooked in plenty of high-stearic acid fat (refined coconut oil) plus salt, protein and caffeine all together generally work the best. Even better than a small dose of thyroid.

P

Peatness

I don't eat starch. My morning coffee gives me adrenaline but without it.......well my imagination cannot reach that far. Sugared milk does help a bit

redsun

I don't eat starch. My morning coffee gives me adrenaline but without it.......well my imagination cannot reach that far. Sugared milk does help a bit
More protein earlier in the morning and your temp will go up. Protein stimulates metabolism just like carbs but if protein is limited (until later in the day) carbs arent going to help much.

Vins7

For Peat, eating fresh cheese instead of milk could be worth it or is fresh and soft cheese more problematic than milk for some reason?

P

Peatness

More protein earlier in the morning and your temp will go up. Protein stimulates metabolism just like carbs but if protein is limited (until later in the day) carbs arent going to help much.
Thank you. I do use gelatin in my morning latte. I think the liquid could be a problem.

redsun

Thank you. I do use gelatin in my morning latte. I think the liquid could be a problem.
Small amount of gelatin will do nothing in terms of providing adequate protein to start the day. It is only high in glycine, you need all essential amino acids. Think eggs, sausage, yogurt, etc... 30g of protein or more straight up in the morning. It depends on your height and weight though (and your total protein needs).

P

Peatness

Maybe it's worth a try. Not bread. High amylopectin, low amylose starch.
No way. It took my a long time to get starch out of my diet I can't go back there.
Small amount of gelatin will do nothing in terms of providing adequate protein to start the day. It is only high in glycine, you need all essential amino acids. Think eggs, sausage, yogurt, etc... 30g of protein or more straight up in the morning. It depends on your height and weight though.
It's a difficult one I only like a latte in the morning. I will try adding eggs but that might tank blood sugar. sausages sound delicious but the ingredients put me off.

Beastmode

Hearty breakfast with strong coffee. It took me a few years before I could drink latte's first thing in the morning without a hearty breakfast. Get yourself really fueled up first thing with a well rounded breakfast and the coffee will help.

P

Peatness

Hearty breakfast with strong coffee. It took me a few years before I could drink latte's first thing in the morning without a hearty breakfast. Get yourself really fueled up first thing with a well rounded breakfast and the coffee will help.
What is your hearty breakfast?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals