Raising Temperature

redsun

No way. It took my a long time to get starch out of my diet I can't go back there.

It's a difficult one I only like a latte in the morning. I will try adding eggs but that might tank blood sugar. sausages sound delicious but the ingredients put me off.

Yep its hard changing habits but the problem is your brain and thyroid need these amino acids to be stimulated properly to get you going. Caffeine is perfectly fine but it kind of substitutes what protein does to an extent as it increases dopamine, norepinephrine, acetylcholine, and reduces serotonin activity. If you consume proper amounts of protein as you wake up, caffeine will amplify the proteins effects instead of caffeine substituting for it.

I also had that habit of relying on coffee in the morning right way and nothing else. It works, but being well fed with a well balanced meal in the morning is so much more effective and controls the stress response. Just like lack of sugar triggers a stress response, so does lack of protein. I personally dont think breakfast sausage links for example have any ingredients you should be worried about. There are other breakfast options to try as well.

P

Peatness

Yep its hard changing habits but the problem is your brain and thyroid need these amino acids to be stimulated properly to get you going. Caffeine is perfectly fine but it kind of substitutes what protein does to an extent as it increases dopamine, norepinephrine, acetylcholine, and reduces serotonin activity. If you consume proper amounts of protein as you wake up, caffeine will amplify the proteins effects instead of caffeine substituting for it.

I also had that habit of relying on coffee in the morning right way and nothing else. It works, but being well fed with a well balanced meal in the morning is so much more effective and controls the stress response. Just like lack of sugar triggers a stress response, so does lack of protein. I personally dont think breakfast sausage links for example have any ingredients you should be worried about. There are other breakfast options to try as well.
Thank you. I will look into the different options. Starch is a no go because of gut issue.

Beastmode

What is your hearty breakfast?
It "was" some combo of eggs, fruit, super well cooked mash potatoes possibly, OJ followed by strong coffee with heavy cream and sugar.

I don't need it anymore now as I do well with my latte's for the first 3 hours of my day.

L

LauriePartridge

For me, a very easily digestible starch - like sweet rice flour pancakes cooked in plenty of high-stearic acid fat (refined coconut oil) plus salt, protein and caffeine all together generally work the best. Even better than a small dose of thyroid.
Do you happen to have a recipe for your pancakes you can share? Thanks!

L

LauriePartridge

Lack of protein is probably the most common causes. Doesnt matter if you eat a bunch of carbs if you don't have enough protein. But if you are not getting enough vitamins and minerals daily then that could do it too.

Guaranteed you will quickly warm up if you eat a large slab of steak. And if you do this likely means you just aren't getting enough protein causing low temps. You mention eating a bunch of carbs (bread, pasta, and coke are not good carbs btw), caffeinated beverages, milk... No mention of eating meat. So if you don't eat much meat that would be my first guess as to your problem.
I eat cottage cheese (high in protein) and fruit in the morning and it does not warm me up. Do you think meat and eggs would be superior and more effective at raising temps? Thanks for your input. It's really helpful.

redsun

I eat cottage cheese (high in protein) and fruit in the morning and it does not warm me up. Do you think meat and eggs would be superior and more effective at raising temps? Thanks for your input. It's really helpful.
It depends on the total protein content mostly. So technically cottage cheese is high in protein, but how much are you actually eating of it? Is it enough to get a considerable amount? If not then that's the main problem. I have only eaten cottage cheese a few times and from those experiences I find it a little difficult to consume enough of it to give me a decent amount of protein. You should figure out exactly how much you are getting. Like I said before you should try aiming for around 30g of protein total for breakfast. If you are smaller maybe a little less.

I think choline which is higher in eggs and meat compared to dairy also makes it more warming potentially, as it promotes more vasodilation and counteracts the stress response (which tend to promote vasoconstriction, cold extremities, slow thyroid).

chompie

Do you happen to have a recipe for your pancakes you can share? Thanks!
3 TBSP mochiko
1 tsp sugar
salt
1 egg
1-2TBSP refined coconut oil
Milk (add until you reach your desired consistency)

It makes a wonderful crepe. Cook it in some ghee or a tad bit of coconut oil. Have some coffee, fruit, and protein with it. Works fantastic for me.

L

LauriePartridge

It depends on the total protein content mostly. So technically cottage cheese is high in protein, but how much are you actually eating of it? Is it enough to get a considerable amount? If not then that's the main problem. I have only eaten cottage cheese a few times and from those experiences I find it a little difficult to consume enough of it to give me a decent amount of protein. You should figure out exactly how much you are getting. Like I said before you should try aiming for around 30g of protein total for breakfast. If you are smaller maybe a little less.

I think choline which is higher in eggs and meat compared to dairy also makes it more warming potentially, as it promotes more vasodilation and counteracts the stress response (which tend to promote vasoconstriction, cold extremities, slow thyroid).
Ok thanks. I'm definitely going to pay attention to my protein count. I do notice choline very warming too especially in the presence of a lot of protein.

L

LauriePartridge

3 TBSP mochiko
1 tsp sugar
salt
1 egg
1-2TBSP refined coconut oil
Milk (add until you reach your desired consistency)

It makes a wonderful crepe. Cook it in some ghee or a tad bit of coconut oil. Have some coffee, fruit, and protein with it. Works fantastic for me.
Oh that sounds delicious and easy! I'm going to give it a try. Is mochiko sweet rice flour? Thanks!

P

Peatness

I added cheese omelette with marmalade to my breakfast. It was a struggle to eat but I did it. I also stopped tyromix instead I used a drop of diluted tyronene.

L

LauriePartridge

Update: I did eat 100 grams of homemade cottage cheese today with 4 oz of applesauce and felt quite warm afterward. My hands felt noticeably warm. I think the commercial cottage cheese doesn't warm me up because of the added cultures, which cause GI distress, or A1 protein. I make mine with A2 milk and white vinegar with a little added salt once it's done.

Dr. B

Update: I did eat 100 grams of homemade cottage cheese today with 4 oz of applesauce and felt quite warm afterward. My hands felt noticeably warm. I think the commercial cottage cheese doesn't warm me up because of the added cultures, which cause GI distress, or A1 protein. I make mine with A2 milk and white vinegar with a little added salt once it's done.
how easy is it to make cottage cheese/ricotta cheese? do you need special tools and is there lots of cleanup/dishes involved

L

LauriePartridge

Remarkably easy.

Just heat milk on medium heat in a pan (recommended at 120 degrees F but it doesn't really matter that much. If you don't have a cooking thermometer, just watch it until it gets hot (well before boiling- just fyi skin will form at about 150 F ).

Remove from heat and while still in pan add white distilled vinegar usually around 1/4 cup (for about 4 cups of milk) or a few tablespoons (if using just a few cups of milk - I don't even measure any more) until the curds start to develop and the whey starts to look like a greenish gatorade color. Stir until it separates. It takes only a minute or two. Let it sit a bit. If you let it sit for about 30 minutes, the curds are more firm like traditional cheese curds. If you don't let it sit, it's more like mozzarella cheese.

Then drain out the whey/pour out the mixture into a fine mesh colander/sieve over sink (I use a large one with a handle that was cheap at Target). Let it sit for about 5 minutes in the strainer. That's really the only tool you need. Cheese cloth is unnecessary. The curds left in the strainer are your cottage cheese. It's a dry curd if you don't add milk or cream to it which I don't. You can rinse it with water in the strainer to get rid of the trace vinegar but I like a little for flavor. And pat it dry with a paper towel if you want or press out any excess liquid with a spatula if you feel you need to.

I find it doesn't refrigerate well and gets gummy overnight so I always eat it fresh and let it sit out until I finish it.

Salt to taste.

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals