Raised veins

flame900

Does anyone know what the reason is for having prominent,raised veins(vascularity)?

In a thread on the rpforum someone mentioned it is a sign of high adrenaline, yet I can't imagine it being that way since I feel pretty relaxed and carbed up every time I have them

OP
F

flame900

I am fairly lean, around 14-15% bodyfat yet due to the body fat distribution I have little fat on my hands,arms and shoulders.These veins are not always raised, but you can see them at all times

Blossom

Forum Supporter
If you feel good the raised veins could just mean you are adequately hydrated. If you felt stressed though and noticed them becoming more prominent at those times it could be adrenaline.

Fred

Ray has specifically addressed this. IIRC, raised veins are a sign of high estrogen (99% certain that's what he said about it).

OP
F

flame900

Ray has specifically addressed this. IIRC, raised veins are a sign of high estrogen (99% certain that's what he said about it).
so would that mean vascularity in hands,arms,shoulders,legs and feet is estrogenic? If so, how would a high DHT state manifest itself?vasoconstrictive?

pic attached is what I mean by "raised" veins
forearm-veins-1.jpg

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Adrenaline/epinephrine are used medically to prevent blood flow during surgery. I would guess that that compound would constrict blood vessels causing them to appear less prominent. Vasodilation could be a result of increased CO2 or NO2. Dehydration and lethargy for me are associated with bloated veins for me personally.

Ray indeed has talked about that being low progesterone / high estrogen.

B

Blaze

Does anyone know what the reason is for having prominent,raised veins(vascularity)?

In a thread on the rpforum someone mentioned it is a sign of high adrenaline, yet I can't imagine it being that way since I feel pretty relaxed and carbed up every time I have them
I wouldn't worry about it. Most probably just completely normal for you..... people have various degrees of vascularity and I would not suspect it signals any underlying problem without some other indications.

Vascularity that becomes temporarily more prominent in response to demands being placed on the body is completely normal. Increased body temperatures on a hot day also can make circulation increase and affect vascularity. And I echo what xeliex said........ it is usually an indication of or a response to increased levels of carbon dioxide or more likely increased nitric oxide being released in the bloodstream, not adrenaline.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fred

so would that mean vascularity in hands,arms,shoulders,legs and feet is estrogenic? If so, how would a high DHT state manifest itself?vasoconstrictive?

pic attached is what I mean by "raised" veinsView attachment 40298

I don't remember what else Ray said about it. He mentioned it in an interview about 5-7 years ago.

B

Blaze

I don't remember what else Ray said about it. He mentioned it in an interview about 5-7 years ago.
Vascularity is normal and even desirable. I think we are taking Ray way out of context when quoting him on this. He speaks of consistently chronic high estrogen as contributing more so to issues like vascular leakage and vascular stiffness and hypertension varicose veins etc......... than to raised veins.

Estrogen that is excessively high does have a profound vein-dilating effect and weakens the tone of the vessels and plays a part in the formation of varicose veins, postural hypotension, and thrombosis in the leg veins. He, in my opinion, is not speaking at all of the raised veins that you observe in good healthy strong arms and those are not often due to the effects of estrogen.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quelsatron

it's caused by you being a man lol, if you're lean and somewhat athletic i would in fact be suspicious if you didn't have any vascularity. when i felt the worst i didn't have any vascularity at all. if your veins are bulging it means they're dilating in response to pressure, which doesn't have to be in a buckling under hypertension manner, rather just a healthy flexibility. look at any athletic young man, 99% will have a degree of vascularity.

B

Blaze

it's caused by you being a man lol, if you're lean and somewhat athletic i would in fact be suspicious if you didn't have any vascularity. when i felt the worst i didn't have any vascularity at all. if your veins are bulging it means they're dilating in response to pressure, which doesn't have to be in a buckling under hypertension manner, rather just a healthy flexibility. look at any athletic young man, 99% will have a degree of vascularity.
Exactly...............

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@flame900, I too have raised veins and I’m not a bit concerned because I feel good. 07C70983-1CC2-45A3-B325-8D0F796267E9.jpeg

truegrit

An alternative, more optimistic explanation for prominent, raised veins is that CO2 levels are adequate and respiration/gas exchange is working well (little lactate being produced). Ray has spoken about this in the past. Nitric Oxide is the acute stress hormone when energy demands cannot be met but there is an increased demand for circulation. CO2 is the peacetime substance that allows for vasodilation without the backup emergency system.

Adrenaline would not cause raised veins per se; Adrenaline causes vasoconstriction of the peripheries and pulls blood volume towards the organs as a defense function.

[minor typographical edit for clarity]

Last edited:

Ben.

I kind of disagree but not necessarily with "facts" but with personal experience. Obviously loosing weight makes veins more prominent but i also felt the worse my health has gotten the bigger the veins have gotten along with excessive body hair growth and cold extremeties. It also does not look good/healthy either imo.

It looks like the body is compensating realy hard to make up for impaired bloodflow (w/e the reason may be). From a asthethic pov little to no moles and clear skin with barely showing veins seems to me intuitively more healthy imo.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals