Pulse Raises More With Starch Than Sugars

Dan010101

any others that find this to be true? I know Matt stone is an advocate for this. I do well with fruits/sugars unless I over hydrate. However, the warmest I get is after a starch meal with adequately protein. I know peat is against starch but l am a big believer in listening to the body. Thoughts? @Orion @haidut @DaveFoster @sladerunner69 and others.

I quit starch for a while but always felt there was something missing, I ate plenty of dates, white sugar, milk etc.

I reintroduced starch and now my pulse and temps have gone up, I think starch is good to combine with sugar

johnwester130

Personally, the rise in temperature just comes from the salt and oil I cooked the starch in.

jet9

That is interesting @Brian. I would say i am in an oddly similar boat to what you were. I feel phenomenal after i workout and a salty starch/protein meal. (In which i also try and include sugar.) I stay warm for 3 hours and am a focused bull at work. However, when adhering to mainly sugars both from fruits & Cane sugar, i don't feel quite as sharp. I will keep tinkering around.
Jsaute21, could you provide update on this ? Do you still feel sharper on starches after workout vs fruits / sugar ?
What starches work best for you ?

lampofred

Starch raises blood sugar more than sugar. So on sugar you're probably in a glucose-deficient state where your liver doesn't have enough glucose to convert T4 into T3. I think making a sugar-based diet work requires better CO2 production/salt retention than is needed for a starch-based diet.

Gabriel Dell

Yeh. Matt Stone has a book " Eat for Heat" . He talks about Starch and High temperature .

I also do well on Starch . But i only eat White Rice And Well Cooked white potatoes.

I think its because starch has low water content

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals