PUFA free natural Vit E Supp?

Bodhi

I cannot seem to find a good quality PUFA free natural Vit E Supp...

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Bodhi

johns74

Carlson E-Gems Plus and 4spectrum seem to be the best.

Unique E is among the worst. It's from GMO, and although they say they remove all GMO stuff, some people don't get good effects.

johns74

Bodhi said:
Johns,

Carlson contains tocotrienols....

There are many different Carlson products. The one I mentioned is called Carlson E-Gems Plus.

Last time I bought it, that product didn't have tocotrienols. Carlson E-Gems Elite on the other hand does contain tocotrienols.

A

Anonymous

Unique e is fine stop spreading bs. All the GMO and soy dna is completely removed. I use it and it's great.

OP
Bodhi

Bodhi

Although :

Carlson E-Gems Plus Gelcaps Natural, soybean oil GMO
(this brochure claims their products to be GMO-free, but Maria's helpful comment in the comments area explains otherwise)

$0.25 USA and international customers can order from iHerb. Ingredients: Vitamin E, beef gelatin, glycerin, water. Two capsules (400IU of alpha tocopherol) also contain ~50mg gamma-tocopherol and at least 20mg of delta and beta tocopherol

OP
Bodhi

Bodhi

4Spectrum Gelcaps (from soy, and contain tocotrienols...)

Natural, soybean oil non-GMO $1.46 USA customers can order directly. I've contacted them asking about international orders. I've contacted them for the detailed ingredients. They do claim >90% tocopherol concentration, with capsule contents of about 140mg alpha-tocopherol, 281mg of gamma-tocopherol, 89mg beta/delta tocopherol, and 2mg tocotrienols.

Bluebell

Bodhi said:

Natural, soybean oil non-GMO $1.46 USA customers can order directly. I've contacted them asking about international orders. I've contacted them for the detailed ingredients. They do claim >90% tocopherol concentration, with capsule contents of about 140mg alpha-tocopherol, 281mg of gamma-tocopherol, 89mg beta/delta tocopherol, and 2mg tocotrienols.

Just in case this is important to you: 4spectrum tests GMO-free but is made from GMO soy beans. Same as AC Grace. I don't think it's possible to buy a vitamin E made from non-GMO soy.

http://www.dsld.nlm.nih.gov/dsld/prdSta ... p?id=24314
"Tests free of genetically modified materials (GMO)."

johns74

Bluebell said:
Bodhi said:

Just in case this is important to you: 4spectrum is tests GMO-free but is made from GMO soy beans. Same as AC Grace. I don't think it's possible to buy a vitamin E made from non-GMO soy.

http://www.dsld.nlm.nih.gov/dsld/prdSta ... p?id=24314
"Tests free of genetically modified materials (GMO)."

In their website, they try really hard to give you the impression it's from the 15% of soybean that is not GMO, but I guess they could be trying to imply it without it being true. From their website:

Our Vitamin E is from a non-GMO source, meaning it has nothing from Genetic Modified Origin. A growing body of knowledge is showing that food of Genetically Modified Origin may be dangerous to your health. Are vitamins derived from such GMO foods also dangerous? All commercially available Vitamin E is derived from soybean oil. About 85% of all soybeans grown in the United States are grown from GMO seed.

Bluebell

I know. I originally thought that meant it was from non-GMO beans, but with re-reading I realised it's careful wording instead. I emailed them and got no reply.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals