Fat Solubles: What's A Good Ratio, And Why? A / D / E / K2

AnonE

I'm looking to take my A/D/E/K2(Mk4) vitamins and make sure I get the right ratios.

So far I've honestly just been guessing, taking 1 serving size of whatever each respective supp supplies that's at least at the upper limit for each.

But I realize that ratios matter. And maybe timing matters, since the fat solubles can compete for uptake? I'm not sure.

The EstroBan product, for example, seems to have ratios of A/D/E/K2 == 5K / 1K / 65mg / 2mg

Was there a particular rationale for this? Is this a good baseline ratio to follow? What if I'm looking to take significantly larger amounts, e.g. 5K - 10K of Vitamin D, then I'd want to multiply the others by a factor of 5-10 to maintain the ratio. So for example, A/D/E/K2 == 25K / 5K / 325mg / 10mg ?

(Also I understand there are slight differences in e.g. type of vitamin A, or vit E mixtures. How might that play into things?)

Anyways, would appreciate some science-based guidelines on this topic, hopefully other forum members would find this discussion useful as well.

Cheers =)

Dotdash

It depends on what you're trying to accomplish. I'm assuming it isn't taking vitamins just for the sake of taking them, so what specific results do you want, or what conditions are you trying to alleviate, would be helpful questions.

OP
A

AnonE

It depends on what you're trying to accomplish. I'm assuming it isn't taking vitamins just for the sake of taking them, so what specific results do you want, or what conditions are you trying to alleviate, would be helpful questions.

I'd say optimizing androgens, reducing estrogen and prolactin. More interested in positive mental effects from androgens than muscle building.

Mufasa

I'm looking to take my A/D/E/K2(Mk4) vitamins and make sure I get the right ratios.

So far I've honestly just been guessing, taking 1 serving size of whatever each respective supp supplies that's at least at the upper limit for each.

But I realize that ratios matter. And maybe timing matters, since the fat solubles can compete for uptake? I'm not sure.

The EstroBan product, for example, seems to have ratios of A/D/E/K2 == 5K / 1K / 65mg / 2mg

Was there a particular rationale for this? Is this a good baseline ratio to follow? What if I'm looking to take significantly larger amounts, e.g. 5K - 10K of Vitamin D, then I'd want to multiply the others by a factor of 5-10 to maintain the ratio. So for example, A/D/E/K2 == 25K / 5K / 325mg / 10mg ?

(Also I understand there are slight differences in e.g. type of vitamin A, or vit E mixtures. How might that play into things?)

Anyways, would appreciate some science-based guidelines on this topic, hopefully other forum members would find this discussion useful as well.

Cheers =)

Vitamin A/Vitamin D ratio should be between 2.5 and 5.
So, for example, I take 10 000IU vitamin A and 4000 IU vitamin D.

For vitamin K2, it is said that it is needed to balance vitamin D.
If you 1mg per day, it is probably enough for any vitamin D dosage you want.
But you can take higher amounts if you want more effect.
I take 6mg per day.

For vitamin E, Ray peat has recommended around 50-100IU and higher if you eat a lot PUFA.
I take 75IU per day.

OP
A

AnonE

Ok cool. I'm at roughly:

40k A, 10k D, 1k E (bad diet + traveling, less when not), 15mg K2 (what I found I can get shipped affordably).

Thoughts? Too much of everything? Gym+sex has been going real well lately haha. Acne getting better too.

Mufasa

Ok cool. I'm at roughly:

40k A, 10k D, 1k E (bad diet + traveling, less when not), 15mg K2 (what I found I can get shipped affordably).

Thoughts? Too much of everything? Gym+sex has been going real well lately haha. Acne getting better too.

Topically or orally?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals