Vitamin E on a PUFA-free Diet

J

j.

Many authors mention that vitamin E needs increase with PUFA intake. If PUFA intake were zero, would vitamin E theoretically have any use?

Vitamin E allows the body to store more vitamin A in the liver and to use it efficiently. In a PUFA-free diet, would vitamin A still be stored and used efficiently without intake of vitamin E?

When vitamin E enters the bloodstream, one of the places where it's most absorbed is the adrenal glands, I suppose to fulfill some purpose. Would the adrenal glands do their work correctly if the body had no vitamin E but also no PUFAs?

Wilfrid

J.,

I truly love your recent topics about vitamin E.
It raises some very very good questions like the one about adrenal glands and their connection with vitamin E (for which, to be honest, I never thought, and knew, about...I read, like I posted before, the book «adrenal fatigue» but even after reading it, I never had the slightest idea about any such important connections between vitamin E and the adrenals.) as well as the PUFA thing (as ironically the best source of vitamin E are usually the food the most rich in insaturated fatty acids).
And considering also the important role of vitamin E in overall health when it comes to its anti-oestrogenic properties.
I did not know the answer about those (again, very ) good questions you raised, though.
I hope that some other members will soon chime in to get other views.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Wilfrid said:
J.,

I truly love your recent topics about vitamin E.
:1

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals