(Preppers Topic) Stockpiling For Coronavirus, Best Foods, Meds, Etc?

mostlylurking

I'm stocked with canned fruits, canned sweet potatoes, corn meal, rice, sugar, whole bean coffee, dried milk, tomato paste, gluten free pasta, frozen orange juice concentrate, canned chicken, tuna, casein powder, gelatin, chocolate powder, spring water, coconut cream.

For medicinal purposes I have a few bottles of penicillin (from vet supply), a few bottles of lyposomal vitamin C (akin to intravenous delivery in larger doses), anti-fungal meds, aspirin, activated charcoal, rubbing alcohol, med supplies, etc.

I am looking for things with acute anti-viral properties but I get the sense that such a substance doesn't really exist and it is more important to focus on strength of immune system.

Liposomal C: look into just exactly what that is. It is modern day manufactured vitamin C (complete with lead contamination) encased in, get ready, PUFA!! Not doin' it.

Inaut

Keep this one on the downlow so people don’t go nuts and start hoarding it..... but masa harina is a good thing to have in stock. It’s cheap, very few cook with it besides Latin Americans and who doesn’t want to eat tacos during an apocalypse(sarcasm). I bought quite a bit for under 50 bucks and shipping is like next day. Strictly for the RPF fam

Jib

Keep this one on the downlow so people don’t go nuts and start hoarding it..... but masa harina is a good thing to have in stock. It’s cheap, very few cook with it besides Latin Americans and who doesn’t want to eat tacos during an apocalypse(sarcasm). I bought quite a bit for under 50 bucks and shipping is like next day. Strictly for the RPF fam

I was gonna get some a while ago, just because buying in bulk is cheaper. I was gonna get the blue corn variety. I never got a press though, one of those tortilla presses. The reviews I read for almost all of them complained of the handle breaking and that kinda put me off.

Do you use a tortilla press? Good results with it? Can you recommend one, if so? Seems like a great device to have on hand. Tortillas are super convenient and are a great medium to soak up quality saturated fat like coconut oil.

Seems like a great thing to have. Can press some tortillas and fry them up in coconut oil for a nice calorie dense food.

I'd assume fully hydrogenated coconut oil has a near indefinite shelf life.

Oats may not be perfect, but I have a bunch of rolled oats, about 50 pounds. Those can be mixed with sugar, salt, and coconut oil, and baked to make granola. Great source of carbs and saturated fat. Throw in some chocolate and dried fruit and you have a fairly Peaty trail mix. Plenty of saturated fat and sugar, and as far as complex carbs go, oats seem pretty benign and well tolerated.

I'm currently trying to find a good supplier for hydrogenated coconut oil. Have contacted Welch, Holme and Clark but have not heard back yet. Might have to just phone the order in.

im under the impression that Ray Peats analysis of the Ascorbic Acid production apparatus with lead as catalyst
is outdated,and the technology of the day employs living tissue technology like bacterial or fungal sources

BearWithMe

im under the impression that Ray Peats analysis of the Ascorbic Acid production apparatus with lead as catalyst
is outdated,and the technology of the day employs living tissue technology like bacterial or fungal sources
Maybie, but the current, up-to-date test results of lab analysis still shows lead contamination in the vast majority of vitamin C supplements on the market. And lead is not the only heavy metal, arsenic, mercury and cadmium is also commonly found in VitC supplements.

Maybie, but the current, up-to-date test results of lab analysis still shows lead contamination in the vast majority of vitamin C supplements on the market. And lead is not the only heavy metal, arsenic, mercury and cadmium is also commonly found in VitC supplements.

Can you tell me about the amounts or link to a site?
I would want to know too.

Nicole W.

Can you elaborate on your experience with viruses? I wonder if anything anti-bacterial would be effective just by "landscaping" the terrain of the gut to mae it more difficult for the virus to operate.
It was most likely EBV. I was sick for a few years with something like chronic fatigue. Lab results showed antibodies for EBV and a few other viruses but levels were uncertain since the tests were not quantitative. My naturopathic doctor prescribed an antiviral protocol which included Lauricidin and some other anti viral supplements. Within a week I knew I was on the mend, I just felt so much better.
I know it’s not popular on this forum, but I think Lauricidin is amazing. It has saved me so many times from food poisoning, the stomach flu, colds, and even indigestion. It just kills the invader. That is how it “landscapes the terrain” as you say. I don’t take it all the time but when I need it, it does the job. The elderberry syrup and nettle tea I take daily. They both have a long history of immune supporting benefits.

BearWithMe

It was most likely EBV. I was sick for a few years with something like chronic fatigue. Lab results showed antibodies for EBV and a few other viruses but levels were uncertain since the tests were not quantitative. My naturopathic doctor prescribed an antiviral protocol which included Lauricidin and some other anti viral supplements. Within a week I knew I was on the mend, I just felt so much better.
I know it’s not popular on this forum, but I think Lauricidin is amazing. It has saved me so many times from food poisoning, the stomach flu, colds, and even indigestion. It just kills the invader. That is how it “landscapes the terrain” as you say. I don’t take it all the time but when I need it, it does the job. The elderberry syrup and nettle tea I take daily. They both have a long history of immune supporting benefits.
Lauricidin improves your digestion / relives your indigestion?

Nicole W.

Lauricidin improves your digestion / relives your indigestion?
Yes, it does. It’s similar to ginger in that regard. When I eat something that doesn’t agree with me Lauricidin has brought down the gas/ bloat and just makes me feel better overall.

I really don’t know why it makes me feel so good but it does. I’ve taken it for a month at a time and usually during that month I feel great. Better energy, digestion, mood. I don’t know what the long term effects would be so I avoid taking it continuously. A lot of people who have Lyme Disease have taken huge doses for years and years and have not reported ill effects so it’s probably safe. I’m just very cautious when it comes to supplements.

BearWithMe

Yes, it does. It’s similar to ginger in that regard. When I eat something that doesn’t agree with me Lauricidin has brought down the gas/ bloat and just makes me feel better overall.

I really don’t know why it makes me feel so good but it does. I’ve taken it for a month at a time and usually during that month I feel great. Better energy, digestion, mood. I don’t know what the long term effects would be so I avoid taking it continuously. A lot of people who have Lyme Disease have taken huge doses for years and years and have not reported ill effects so it’s probably safe. I’m just very cautious when it comes to supplements.
Wow, this sounds incredible. I have been tempted to try Lauricidin for a long time, finally ordered it today.

Many thanks for posting your experiences!

Nicole W.

Wow, this sounds incredible. I have been tempted to try Lauricidin for a long time, finally ordered it today.

Many thanks for posting your experiences!
Low and slow is the way to go. I started with 4 pellets and worked my way up. I wouldn’t wait until you have an emergency and then take a large dose all at once. I strongly recommend acclimating to it incrementally. You can read reviews to get an idea of how others utilize this product.

BearWithMe

Low and slow is the way to go. I started with 4 pellets and worked my way up. I wouldn’t wait until you have an emergency and then take a large dose all at once. I strongly recommend acclimating to it incrementally. You can read reviews to get an idea of how others utilize this product.
Herxheimer reaction could be too strong if one starts with too high dose? Will keep that in mind and start slow, thank you for reminding me, I'm sure I would gobble full scoop when the thing arrives. :D

Nicole W.

Herxheimer reaction could be too strong if one starts with too high dose? Will keep that in mind and start slow, thank you for reminding me, I'm sure I would gobble full scoop when the thing arrives. :D
Yes, apparently some people have had that reaction because they didn’t read the directions that came with the supplement. I have never had a problem, but as I said I started with a low dose and titrated up.

BearWithMe

How about don't prep at all? Are you lot not following the other threads?
We might speculate whether the coronavirus itself is as dangerous as they say or not, but supply outages, lack of food in the stores, unavailable medications in pharmacies etc ARE dangerous, period. Sadly, prepping is necessary.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals