The Deep Vein Thrombosis Topic - Any Peaters

TreasureVibe

Hey everyone. I have been having a stinging pain in my right calf for a while now, and I've used to have these before as well, last year. My dad once had a deep vein thrombosis, it was possibly caused by a side effect of a med he was using (Olanzapine), along with smoking. I don't smoke nor do I use any meds, but I have been so sedentary for the past 2 years, that I'm not surprised I am having this pain. I think it all started due to the use of too much nascent iodine at once, nebulized, which caused a temporary surge in thyroid hormone production, increasing blood clotting. I've been taking some vitamins now like vitamin E and C and magnesium, and the pain has lowered, but what do you advice to me and others who could be suffering from it? I'm also thinking of taking serrapeptase. Sitting and not moving, but especially sitting causes it, alot.

I remember in the past that a niacin (regular b3) flush also helped diminish the pain and keeping it that way, perhaps due to the circulation boosting effect of the flush, so I might be thinking of trying that too. Also dehydration could be a cause for DVT, so I'm amping up my fluid intake too.

Everyone else feel free to share your opinions and discuss DVT.

I saw that there was no topic about this subject yet on the RP forum, so I thought I would make the first one. DVTs can be very dangerous and sudden, especially if you sit alot. You might not even notice you have one at first! When they travel to the lungs it will become a pulmonary embolism which can be deadly.

Aspirin could cause pro-thrombotic effects due to residual aspirin blocking COX-2: Paradoxical thrombotic effects of aspirin: experimental study on 1000 animals. - PubMed - NCBI so I'm uncertain what role it can play in this condition.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Hey everyone. I have been having a stinging pain in my right calf for a while now, and I've used to have these before as well, last year. My dad once had a deep vein thrombosis, it was possibly caused by a side effect of a med he was using (Olanzapine), along with smoking. I don't smoke nor do I use any meds, but I have been so sedentary for the past 2 years, that I'm not surprised I am having this pain. I think it all started due to the use of too much nascent iodine at once, nebulized, which caused a temporary surge in thyroid hormone production, increasing blood clotting. I've been taking some vitamins now like vitamin E and C and magnesium, and the pain has lowered, but what do you advice to me and others who could be suffering from it? I'm also thinking of taking serrapeptase. Sitting and not moving, but especially sitting causes it, alot.

I remember in the past that a niacin (regular b3) flush also helped diminish the pain and keeping it that way, perhaps due to the circulation boosting effect of the flush, so I might be thinking of trying that too. Also dehydration could be a cause for DVT, so I'm amping up my fluid intake too.

Everyone else feel free to share your opinions and discuss DVT.

I saw that there was no topic about this subject yet on the RP forum, so I thought I would make the first one. DVTs can be very dangerous and sudden, especially if you sit alot. You might not even notice you have one at first! When they travel to the lungs it will become a pulmonary embolism which can be deadly.

Aspirin could cause pro-thrombotic effects due to residual aspirin blocking COX-2: Paradoxical thrombotic effects of aspirin: experimental study on 1000 animals. - PubMed - NCBI so I'm uncertain what role it can play in this condition.

Thank you!

I don't have experience with DVT, but I do have some heart issues/angina issues, and for me, Progesterone helps me a ton, to the point to where if I do it consistently I don't have issues. Seems like both of our cases are circulatory so just thought I'd put it out there, might help you out.

The vitamin C and E tend to help me out too and they have effects that are progesterone increasing.

Only thing I'd advise if taking Progesterone is increase sodium intake, I'm doing Baking Soda as of late, but Salt is good too as long as you balance it with alkaline foods.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

I don't have experience with DVT, but I do have some heart issues/angina issues, and for me, Progesterone helps me a ton, to the point to where if I do it consistently I don't have issues. Seems like both of our cases are circulatory so just thought I'd put it out there, might help you out.

The vitamin C and E tend to help me out too and they have effects that are progesterone increasing.

Only thing I'd advise if taking Progesterone is increase sodium intake, I'm doing Baking Soda as of late, but Salt is good too as long as you balance it with alkaline foods.
Thanks! Currently I'm trying serrapeptase + nattokinase. (a dreaded combination for me as it gave me alot of lung congestion and pain in the past due to pulmonitis caused by serrapeptase, but this time I'm cautious when it comes to any triggers like cigarette smoke)

Thanks! Currently I'm trying serrapeptase + nattokinase. (a dreaded combination for me as it gave me alot of lung congestion and pain in the past due to pulmonitis caused by serrapeptase, but this time I'm cautious when it comes to any triggers like cigarette smoke)

No problem! I've tried both of those and Nattokinase seemed pretty good at lowering angina for me, the serrapeptase I remember gave me bad stomach pain and not much else noticeable.