Best Foods For Biotin?

Jon

I know that eggs are a good source, containing about 25%rda. I've heard liver is descent but I don't remember what the values are for liver, and tbh I don't really like o eat it that often b/c if the high copper content.

I don't like to supplement, I prefer getting in micronutrients through food. That said, because mainstream health seems to be sure that a biotin deficiency is highly unlikely and that everything has biotin in it, they really don't post much data on the foods that actually have it.

Anyone have a good chart for Peat friendly foods that have biotin?

Dierlief87

[QUOTE = "Jon, bericht: 365806, lid: 6432"] Ik weet dat eieren een goede bron zijn, met ongeveer 25% rda. Ik heb gehoord dat de lever afstamt, maar ik weet niet meer wat de waarden zijn voor de lever, en tbh ik hou er niet echt van om het te eten, vaak als het hoge kopergehalte.

Ik hou niet van supplementen, ik geef er de voorkeur aan micronutriënten via voedsel binnen te krijgen. Dat gezegd hebbende, omdat de gangbare gezondheid er zeker van is dat een biotine-tekort zeer onwaarschijnlijk is en dat alles biotine bevat, ze posten niet echt veel gegevens over het voedsel dat het daadwerkelijk heeft.

Heeft iemand een goede grafiek voor turfvriendelijk voedsel met biotine? [/ QUOTE]

royal jelly and baker's yeast.

Waremu

Chicken liver I believe is the known richest source or is at least at the very top. Just 50 grams of chicken liver yields over 300% the RDA of biotin. It tastes better than beef liver to me as well. I take about 25-38 grams of free range-organic-soy-free chicken liver per day. Good source of B vitamins, Vitamin A, selenium, and folate as well. But it’s not an overkill with the Vitamin A like beef liver can be, so it is something one can take on a more regular basis without running into nutrition imbalances, etc. It’s one of the lowest PUFA sources of biotin.

BigChad

An oz of liver has the same biotin content as a large egg with half the PUFA

I see but the thing with biotin is the RDA used to be 300mcg a day but in 2018 sometime it was lowered to 30mcg. I'm not sure of the reason behind the lowering. I think pantothenic acid was also changed from 10mg to 5mg, along with many other vitamins and minerals. If you go by the old rda value, 10mcg is a small amount

OP
Jon

Jon

Chicken liver I believe is the known richest source or is at least at the very top. Just 50 grams of chicken liver yields over 300% the RDA of biotin. It tastes better than beef liver to me as well. I take about 25-38 grams of free range-organic-soy-free chicken liver per day. Good source of B vitamins, Vitamin A, selenium, and folate as well. But it’s not an overkill with the Vitamin A like beef liver can be, so it is something one can take on a more regular basis without running into nutrition imbalances, etc. It’s one of the lowest PUFA sources of biotin.

This is a good one!