Best food when nauseous?

Shrimp

What Peat-friendly foods do you find best to eat when ill or nauseous? I know gelatin broth is a must, but what's good to keep the blood sugar up without irritating the stomach?

nwo2012

Shrimp said:
What Peat-friendly foods do you find best to eat when ill or nauseous? I know gelatin broth is a must, but what's good to keep the blood sugar up without irritating the stomach?

White sugar of course.

Spacehoppa

When I get nauseous, I stir some slippery elm into a glass of water and drink it down. It is mucilaginous, which is exactly as it sounds.... Thick and gloopy, like pepto bismol. It lines the gut and takes the nausea away immediately, like within a minute or so. I also immediately have some sugar and salt if I have them to hand.

nwo2012

Spacehoppa said:
When I get nauseous, I stir some slippery elm into a glass of water and drink it down. It is mucilaginous, which is exactly as it sounds.... Thick and gloopy, like pepto bismol. It lines the gut and takes the nausea away immediately, like within a minute or so. I also immediately have some sugar and salt if I have them to hand.

Is your day job grave digging? :P :lol:

pboy

I'd say ripe canteloupe, honeydew, peach, apricot, papaya, quality apple juice, quality mulberry juice
Theres many teas that could help as well, though I dont know if they are typical Peat approved,
and you could sweeten with a high quality coconut sugar, cane sugar, or maple syrup/sugar
room temperature or a little warm is the best

Something is irritating in the GI tract that your body wants to process and get out asap...so it will come
out either by vomiting or having a semi loose stool.

Basically the tea will only make you feel better but whatever it is in the GI tract will still need to get out. If you're mouth
isnt well salivated, drink about half to 1 cup of water, or more if you need. Usually you can tell if you're going to inevitably vomit or not. If not, take a nap...when you wake up you'll likely have a bowel movement soon after then feel better. If you feel the vomiting is going to be inevitable, just sip water and try to chill out, get outside or sit near a cracked open window until you have the urge to vomit, or if you're fortunate you'll feel settled and can/would benefit from a nap. You have to get enough energy and/or air/water to process whatever it is out, and being asleep can greatly expediate this and lessen residues in the process.

cliff

depends how sick

carbonated water mixed with sugar + something like emergen-c pack is pretty good carb when you are very sick and can barely eat

Jenn

Aloe vera, coconut water, sugar in some form. Nauseousness from liver issues is slightly different from nausea from stomach lining irritation. If you have a weak stomach lining, the acid in OJ can cause nausea. If you are nauseous from pregnancy or bowel issues, its nausea from detoxing more than your liver can handle at the moment. Feed the liver and it will take care of you. ;) The liver likes glucose, potassium, magnesium, salt(minerals) and sulfur based proteins (gelatin). It like saturated fat too, but that goes to the heart region first, so it may have to make it's own from sugar.

Speaking from experience, too much onion in the broth can create more work for the liver if it's craving glucose, because onions are higher in fructose than glucose.

Mark2020

I'd say ripe canteloupe, honeydew, peach, apricot, papaya, quality apple juice, quality mulberry juice
Theres many teas that could help as well, though I dont know if they are typical Peat approved,
and you could sweeten with a high quality coconut sugar, cane sugar, or maple syrup/sugar
room temperature or a little warm is the best

Something is irritating in the GI tract that your body wants to process and get out asap...so it will come
out either by vomiting or having a semi loose stool.

Basically the tea will only make you feel better but whatever it is in the GI tract will still need to get out. If you're mouth
isnt well salivated, drink about half to 1 cup of water, or more if you need. Usually you can tell if you're going to inevitably vomit or not. If not, take a nap...when you wake up you'll likely have a bowel movement soon after then feel better. If you feel the vomiting is going to be inevitable, just sip water and try to chill out, get outside or sit near a cracked open window until you have the urge to vomit, or if you're fortunate you'll feel settled and can/would benefit from a nap. You have to get enough energy and/or air/water to process whatever it is out, and being asleep can greatly expediate this and lessen residues in the process.
This is a very, very good reply. Agree with every single word!