POLL: Who Are You Voting For In The 2016 Presidential Election?

Who are you voting for in the 2016 presidential election?

• Hillary Clinton

Votes: 39 23.9%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 93 57.1%
  • other....

Votes: 31 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

thegiantess

I am not American, but if I were, I would vote for Trump without any hesitation. Hilary is the devil in a human form.

@narouz is triggered now. I am sorry buddy :)
I find that opinion remarkable and completely incorrect. All the nonsense people say she has done (emails and blah blah) are done by many politicians. The problem is that she is a powerful woman and that still scares many people. Bernie fans would have had a hard on for the Hillary of 30 years ago. She hasn't done much but come to the middle a little bit to appeal to a broader spectrum of voters. Unfortunately she can't get rid of that pesky vagina or she'd been in.

thegiantess

That's loaded question. It assumes college education makes you smarter. I think it only makes one trained in one facet of thinking. Worse, since one has invested in it, it is hard to bring one's mind away from that investment. Especially, if one is still paying loans on it.

A glaring example is the state of mind of our conventional doctors. They are no different than apparatchiks in the old Soviet system. Faultily programmed into learned and consistent responses. But I'm not being fair. The US government is the new Soviet, come to think of it. Swimming in its own hubris. And drowning in its own words.

On the other hand, having traveled would give you better perspective, assuming one weren't simply going to tourist traps and eating McDonald's.
It actually does matter if you have a college education. Regardless of the college or program all students take required humanities courses. The idea being to help kids become better humans, to appreciate the hugeness of the world and the people in it, to respect others, etc. Further, it exposes you to different people and ideas often from all over the world (depending on the university). That's the value of education that helps you see beyond your own tiny little corner of the universe. Often people that skipped college haven't had that eye opening.
Additionally, the comparison made to doctors isn't fair. They may not have the broad nutritional knowledge to lead you down the utopian path you desire, but the vast majority of them are trying help even if they don't. They want to. They care. That's a valuable skill in itself. To vote for someone like trump is to say you don't care about anyone, not even yourself.

James_001

That's loaded question. It assumes college education makes you smarter. I think it only makes one trained in one facet of thinking. Worse, since one has invested in it, it is hard to bring one's mind away from that investment. Especially, if one is still paying loans on it.

A glaring example is the state of mind of our conventional doctors. They are no different than apparatchiks in the old Soviet system. Faultily programmed into learned and consistent responses. But I'm not being fair. The US government is the new Soviet, come to think of it. Swimming in its own hubris. And drowning in its own words.

On the other hand, having traveled would give you better perspective, assuming one weren't simply going to tourist traps and eating McDonald's.

Yes, It doesn't make you smarter but it broadens your horizons and exposes you to a wide range of people. Also, the type of person that chooses to attend college is most likely more open and intelligent to begin with....

whodathunkit

Trump's primary sin is running as a Republican. If he were running as a Democrat he just might be the Dem party nominee instead of the |-|>ag. Nobody really cares about the sometimes idiotic things Trump says or the dumb groping allegations...if Dems really cared about these things then there's no way the |-|>illbilly |-|>ag from Arkansas and her disgusting lech of a husband would have gotten anywhere in politics. Anybody who has been paying attention for the last 20 years knows what a hateful, mean-spirited, condescending shrew Hillary is. Real character shows in how you treat the people who are paid to render you service (i.e., your "help"), and by all accounts for two decades she is just AWFUL. As a person who has rendered service all of my adult life, that if nothing else would predispose me not to vote for her. Lots of other reasons not to, but if we want to get into the issue of actual character, and what our candidates *really* think of the "little people", I think Trump's got her beat by a pretty large margin.

I am curious to know how many trump supporters don't have a college education?
Well, if you've got a college education then you're showing it didn't do anything at all for your critical thinking skills if you're buying to the "dumb hick voter" schtick that the Democrats love to sling against anyone who doesn't vote for their candidate or toe their party line.

But then, our current education system isn't designed to turn out a mass of people are capable of original thought or of making considered decisions based on an internal compass and the facts to be had, it's designed to turn out a mass of good little citizens who swallow whole and internalize whatever pablum the ruling elite is doling out. If you're othering the opposition in this election by regurgitating the "dumb uneducated hick voter meme" about people who think differently than you, then you're probably a very satisfactory product of that stellar system. Congrats! :thumbsup:

T

tobieagle

Yes, It doesn't make you smarter but it broadens your horizons and exposes you to a wide range of people. Also, the type of person that chooses to attend college is most likely more open and intelligent to begin with....

I would argue that most working class people have more common sense than the average college student nowadays.

Today more and more people go to college, many are taking new, non-qualifying, exotic courses like "gender studies" which I think have been instituted to increase profits.
I highly doubt that college makes you a more intelligent person necessarily. :D:D

DaveFoster

Maybe once upon a time. Until common core opened the floodgates.

T

tobieagle

This. Seriously. I had no idea Peat had so many disillusioned, white, male, undereducated followers. He is clearly a racist, misogynist, homophobe (he used to actually be for the lgbtq community but flipped when Pence, deplorable person, was announced as running mate), xenophobic idiot. Not to mention he isn't a politician, which some people claim is a good thing. Would you have your accountant fix your toilet?

To know that this many folks on this forum are for trump makes me sad. A vote for trump is a vote against people of color (he doesn't support the black lives matter movement, wants to deport immigrants in droves), against women (you've heard all the horrible ***t he says and his opinion on reproductive rights), anti-gay (reverse the marriage equality act), etc. Basically he is promising to make America great again by marchjng progrsss back about 300 years.

James_001

Trump's primary sin is running as a Republican. If he were running as a Democrat he just might be the Dem party nominee instead of the |-|>ag. Nobody really cares about the sometimes idiotic things Trump says or the dumb groping allegations...if Dems really cared about these things then there's no way the |-|>illbilly |-|>ag from Arkansas and her disgusting lech of a husband would have gotten anywhere in politics. Anybody who has been paying attention for the last 20 years knows what a hateful, mean-spirited, condescending shrew Hillary is. Real character shows in how you treat the people who are paid to render you service (i.e., your "help"), and by all accounts for two decades she is just AWFUL. As a person who has rendered service all of my adult life, that if nothing else would predispose me not to vote for her. Lots of other reasons not to, but if we want to get into the issue of actual character, and what our candidates *really* think of the "little people", I think Trump's got her beat by a pretty large margin.

Well, if you've got a college education then you're showing it didn't do anything at all for your critical thinking skills if you're buying to the "dumb hick voter" schtick that the Democrats love to sling against anyone who doesn't vote for their candidate or toe their party line.

But then, our current education system isn't designed to turn out a mass of people are capable of original thought or of making considered decisions based on an internal compass and the facts to be had, it's designed to turn out a mass of good little citizens who swallow whole and internalize whatever pablum the ruling elite is doling out. If you're othering the opposition in this election by regurgitating the "dumb uneducated hick voter meme" about people who think differently than you, then you're probably a very satisfactory product of that stellar system. Congrats! :thumbsup:

I am voting third party. Also, I think trump voters are "dumb hick" because I have literally met dumb hicks that are voting for trump.

whodathunkit

I am voting third party. Also, I think trump voters are "dumb hick" because I have literally met dumb hicks that are voting for trump.
Thank you for re-illustrating my point about critical thinking skills. :)

dbh25

This. Seriously. I had no idea Peat had so many disillusioned, white, male, undereducated followers. He is clearly a racist, misogynist, homophobe (he used to actually be for the lgbtq community but flipped when Pence, deplorable person, was announced as running mate), xenophobic idiot. Not to mention he isn't a politician, which some people claim is a good thing. Would you have your accountant fix your toilet?
"Once you label me you negate me" -Soren Kierkegaard
I may have my accountant fix my toilet, perhaps he/she is brilliant with finance and plumbing. It's possible to have more than 1 area of expertise.

schultz

Ya'll should vote a different party in. The two groups you guys usually vote in both seem corrupt to me. Or is it just a matter of picking the lesser evil?

James_001

Why is that, obviously only Trump or HRC can win, is there some objective reason for voting for someone else?

I think an individual should vote for the best candidate instead of the lesser of two evils. If everyone did this a third party would win imo.

encerent

To know that this many folks on this forum are for trump makes me sad. A vote for trump is a vote against people of color (he doesn't support the black lives matter movement, wants to deport immigrants in droves), against women (you've heard all the horrible ***t he says and his opinion on reproductive rights), anti-gay (reverse the marriage equality act), etc. Basically he is promising to make America great again by marchjng progrsss back about 300 years.

Trump supporters are always just the most vocal on this forum and everywhere on the internet. A lot of the people who don't support Trump like me (and others perhaps) don't really want to talk about it, especially on this forum where we are looking for health/nutrition info. But I'll just chime in to say that.

DaveFoster

Trump supporters are always just the most vocal on this forum and everywhere on the internet. A lot of the people who don't support Trump like me (and others perhaps) don't really want to talk about it, especially on this forum where we are looking for health/nutrition info. But I'll just chime in to say that.
Because if you're vocal on a college campus, your car will get keyed and you'll fail all your humanities courses.

redlight

I am asian and I am voting for Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals