POLL: Who Are You Voting For In The 2016 Presidential Election?

Who are you voting for in the 2016 presidential election?

• Hillary Clinton

Votes: 39 23.9%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 93 57.1%
  • other....

Votes: 31 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

yerrag

Just curious from euroepean Perspective. Is the peat community realy on the Trump side? from the Information u get here He is just a ridiculus man
For me, the US electoral process really gives you little choice but to choose from two parties' candidates. If the DNC didn't rig the primary process, and Bernie Sanders were their candidate, I wouldn't be going for Trump. This year, the DNC sunk to new lows, lied and cheated their way to install Hillary as their candidate, and through various exposes ad nauseam, lost all their credibility and gave us no reason to doubt their loyalty and who their masters are. The Democratic Party is democratic in name only, and Hillary personifies what is all wrong with the party, and all it represents deep inside.

Trump isn't giving you good sound bites, but he at the very least isn't pretentious. In the politically correct world of the Democratic Party, all the lofty ideals is merely boilerplate language to lull you into another larger crisis, where only their sponsors truly benefit - too big to fail banks, price-gouging drugmakers and hospitals, and war-mongering military weapons suppliers. In that world, the citizens of the United States, and the rest of the world will continue to suffer. The United States is a safe haven, but only relative to the chaos it spreads and the conflicts it generates. The quality of its political discourse is terrible at best, and very little choice is left for its people.

Clinton will accelerate the downward spiral by doubling down on all that's bad that has been started. Trump, at the very least, as flawed as he is, gives us one thing - the hope that he won't go down the path of destruction laid by the puppet Obama. Obama, the first black president, presided over the worsening brutality of the polices forces in the US on black people. I wonder where Hillary, the first woman president, will be presiding over.

Last edited:

aquaman

Agree with most of what you write above. Still see Hillary as the better candidate than Trump. He's talking about "destroying ISIS" as if nothing is being done and that the military isn't big enough despite America wasting trillions on warmongering (!!!!), suggesting that he'd put troops on the ground in Syria and remote Iraq again and push up spending on a ridiculously over-large military budget. Why do you think he'd reduce that?!

Sanders was the only change candidate. Hillary has huge current and historical flaws but she's better than putting a tyrannical egomaniac in control. Trump reminds me a lot of Idi Amin, the dictator from Uganda. If you haven't seen Last King of Scotland movie, check it out.

Amin named himself "His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular" and said he was the King of Scotland.

The wikipedia page for Amin says "Amin's egotistical behaviour and mental health have been the subjects of much speculation throughout his reign and life. He was described as having a quick-change and violent short temper; being charming, happy, and charismatic one minute and then suddenly angry, violent, and brutal the next, with little or no warning." This is nearly perfect for Trump.

I get why people would vote for Trump. The middle America states have been decimated by awful trade policies and have little hope of the Dems doing something. I'm hoping Sanders has some impact on Hillary (he's certainly already shifted her policy talk during the election much closer towards his views). Whether she does remains to be seen. The vote for Trump is a desperate last call, they have to believe in his lies or all hope is lost. MAGA is a PHENOMENAL slogan. Unfortunately Trump just lies and changes his mind whenever he feels like it will benefit him. His first move would probably to build the wall and away his own company the contract, making him billions.

I like Nate Silver's summary after the debate (from fivethirtyeight.com)

"
If it weren’t for “such a nasty woman” and Trump refusing to commit to respecting the election results, maybe you could call it a draw. I don’t think so, because I thought Clinton was more consistent from start to finish. But maybe? I’m reluctant to conclude very much until I see how voters react.

But the thing is, even a draw would be a bad outcome for Trump, who is 7 points behind Clinton and has few remaining opportunities to catch up. I don’t know that Trump is necessarily going to fall further in the polls, because he’s fallen pretty far already and he gave his 35 percent base some things to be energized about tonight.

But this wasn’t the performance he needed. And “such a nasty woman” and electoral integrity are, at a minimum, going to be major news stories for the next few days, and not ones that will redound to Trump’s benefit. He’s running out of ways to win this election, apart from a major polling error."

Edit: Yoooooge mistake questioning American democracy

Edit: Republican Senator from SC:

CvLZuU-WAAEWDVM.jpg

redlight

These videos have completely changed my views on Trump, Sanders, Clinton...
Please watch if you ever have the time.
I would be shocked if anyone were to vote for Clinton over Trump if they were to watch his an entire series;
Stefan Molyneux

aquaman

Stefan Molyneux is one of the most disgusting human beings on the planet. He's an unashamed racist and white supremacist. Might as well ask the KKK's opinion on black people.

redlight

You saying all his information at least on this election is all false information?

redlight

Also can you tell me exaxmples of why you believe this? I have been following his channel for a month and I never got that from him

yerrag

These videos have completely changed my views on Trump, Sanders, Clinton...
Please watch if you ever have the time.
I would be shocked if anyone were to vote for Clinton over Trump if they were to watch his an entire series;
Stefan Molyneux

I wish there were a transcript. It was hard to listen to one hour of it. What is the summary of it?

furball

It's super interesting seeing how a highly selected group such as Peatarians (who post on a forum) seem to prefer trump.

Please vote him in guys. The world depends on it.

redlight

fur ball why do you think the world depends on it? The only reason why I am voting for Trump is because of his youtube channel; but if he's providing false information than that would be troubling. His information seems to be very factual and non biased... But what do I know?

James_001

For those voting for Clinton I am very curious to know why?

“We hear terrible things about outsourcing jobs — how sending work outside of our companies is contributing to the demise of American businesses,” “But in this instance I have to take the unpopular stance that it is not always a terrible thing.” - Trump

“I’ve got black accountants at Trump Castle and Trump Plaza. Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day… . I think the guy is lazy. And it’s probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is, I believe that. It’s not anything they can control.“ - Trump

James_001

I am curious to know how many trump supporters don't have a college education?

Also, how many have never traveled/lived outside of the US?

redlight

I can understand why someone would not vote for Trump and would prefer to vote for a third party candidate.. But i'm still finding out difficult for anyone to open for Clinton. But this is my opinion maybe I'm missing something

yerrag

That's loaded question. It assumes college education makes you smarter. I think it only makes one trained in one facet of thinking. Worse, since one has invested in it, it is hard to bring one's mind away from that investment. Especially, if one is still paying loans on it.

A glaring example is the state of mind of our conventional doctors. They are no different than apparatchiks in the old Soviet system. Faultily programmed into learned and consistent responses. But I'm not being fair. The US government is the new Soviet, come to think of it. Swimming in its own hubris. And drowning in its own words.

On the other hand, having traveled would give you better perspective, assuming one weren't simply going to tourist traps and eating McDonald's.

Last edited:

tankasnowgod

“We hear terrible things about outsourcing jobs — how sending work outside of our companies is contributing to the demise of American businesses,” “But in this instance I have to take the unpopular stance that it is not always a terrible thing.” - Trump

“I’ve got black accountants at Trump Castle and Trump Plaza. Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day… . I think the guy is lazy. And it’s probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks. It really is, I believe that. It’s not anything they can control.“ - Trump

"You can't believe every quote you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

aquaman

Not an argument.

It's hugely relevant. Molyneux takes correlations to be causation and says that being black is the CAUSE of crime, violence and murder. He doesn't somehow link that 100s of years of abuse against black people which continues to this day creates the social situation where crime is far more present.

So of course some low-life like this will be in favour of Trump and his ideas on genetics, chosen races, and his views on black people. Peat refers to this sort of "chosen genes" behaviour in historical governance on the radio interviews.

"Law and Order" from Trump means a return to even more extreme violence against ethnic minorities and especially blacks. You already have for-profit prisons which is the most insane thing. Conflict of interest much? Their job is to keep people locked up rather than rehabilitated, lobby government for harsher and longer sentences, and ensure the prisoners keep coming back so they earn more dollars.

Trump says that America needs to change and he will drive it and encourages his supporters to protest and demand change.

Black people demonstrate for change in their horrendous circumstances and he tells them to go find another country if they're not happy.

Those quotes above are perfect.

For Molyneux, this is heaven. A potential President who brings normality to this sort of out-and-out racism.

milk_lover

I am not American, but if I were, I would vote for Trump without any hesitation. Hilary is the devil in a human form.

@narouz is triggered now. I am sorry buddy :)

thegiantess

This. Seriously. I had no idea Peat had so many disillusioned, white, male, undereducated followers. He is clearly a racist, misogynist, homophobe (he used to actually be for the lgbtq community but flipped when Pence, deplorable person, was announced as running mate), xenophobic idiot. Not to mention he isn't a politician, which some people claim is a good thing. Would you have your accountant fix your toilet?

To know that this many folks on this forum are for trump makes me sad. A vote for trump is a vote against people of color (he doesn't support the black lives matter movement, wants to deport immigrants in droves), against women (you've heard all the horrible ***t he says and his opinion on reproductive rights), anti-gay (reverse the marriage equality act), etc. Basically he is promising to make America great again by marchjng progrsss back about 300 years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals