Please Help Me Lower My SHBG

IanM

Hi there,

I just stumbled across this forum, although I have been vaguely aware of Ray Peat for a little while. I did notice that there is an existing thread on high SHBG but didn't want to hijack it.

About 18 months ago, I noticed my libido was reduced, increased ED, and loss of morning wood. I had my blood tested about six months ago, and to my surprise found out that I had high SHBG, low free testosterone and normal total T. Things have got progressively worse for me, and having only got married six months ago, starting a family is starting to feel like something that will never happen for us... being told on another forum that reducing elevated SHBG levels is next to impossible was the final straw, I feel pretty despondent.

Sorry, I'm trying to stay positive, which is why I came to this forum. I am hoping that some of you might be able to point me in the right direction and let me know if there any Peatian methods for reducing SHBG. Apologies, my knowledge of Ray Peat is pretty basic; I am starting from scratch here but I am willing to do whatever is necessary to help myself.

If you need any more info, just ask.

Thanks in advance.

marsaday

I have posted about this recently and there isn’t much I can do it seems.

All I have discovered is Proviron maybe a possible solution. It lowers shbg and helps fertility. It is not very strong acting compared to the other testosterone hormones so it is milder in negative effects.

A daily dose is from 25-75mg but I would look at using an even smaller dose, say 12.5mg per day.

There are some good utube clips on this tablet.

OP
I

IanM

I have posted about this recently and there isn’t much I can do it seems.

All I have discovered is Proviron maybe a possible solution. It lowers shbg and helps fertility. It is not very strong acting compared to the other testosterone hormones so it is milder in negative effects.

A daily dose is from 25-75mg but I would look at using an even smaller dose, say 12.5mg per day.

There are some good utube clips on this tablet.

Thanks, I haven't heard of Proviron before. I'll check out Youtube.

OP
I

IanM

Thanks. From what little I know of Ray Peat, I am under the impression that he recommends people consume a lot more sugar than average. This is something I'll look into as I become more acquainted with RP's thoughts.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals