Phenylethylamine Experiences?

cyclops

If you don't take an MAO-B inhibitor it's not going to last long because you will break it down too quickly. Kind of like ayahuasca.

I'm not familiar with MAO-B inhibitors. Are there any Peaty ones I could try?

OP
alywest

alywest

I'm not familiar with MAO-B inhibitors. Are there any Peaty ones I could try?

According to...someone else on the forum...he asked Ray Peat about selegeline and he said it was ok depending on the purpose (look up selegeline experiences, I think)...as BigYellowLemon mentioned, selegeline is a much more potent MAO-B inhibitor than hordenine and makes PEA a lot more intense. According to anecdotes online, I haven't tried it. However, MAO inhibition is an estrogenic activity, so proceed with caution.

cyclops

According to...someone else on the forum...he asked Ray Peat about selegeline and he said it was ok depending on the purpose (look up selegeline experiences, I think)...as BigYellowLemon mentioned, selegeline is a much more potent MAO-B inhibitor than hordenine and makes PEA a lot more intense. According to anecdotes online, I haven't tried it. However, MAO inhibition is an estrogenic activity, so proceed with caution.

Alright thanks, I think I'll just be done with Phenylethylamine...seems more trouble then its worth.

OP
alywest

alywest

Alright thanks, I think I'll just be done with Phenylethylamine...seems more trouble then its worth.
In the radio show RP talks about using it during a discussion about anaphylactic shock, and the host had just talked about ephedra. RP also mentioned cypro in the same discussion. He also said you could drink coke to slow down an anaphylactic shock response.

NathanK

In the radio show RP talks about using it during a discussion about anaphylactic shock, and the host had just talked about ephedra. RP also mentioned cypro in the same discussion. He also said you could drink coke to slow down an anaphylactic shock response.
If you take a look at atropine, caffeine, ephedra, PEA, and Cypro you will find a common denominator to put Ray’s “recommendations” into proper context. Exercising could also be put in that category as well

.... They all block histamine in some concentration and for varied amounts of time. Antihistamines aside, adrenaline competes with histamine.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals