Phenylethylamine Experiences?

alywest

Hi, I was wondering if anyone here has tried to use PEA? In the KMUD interview with Dr. Peat titled Allergy (3/18/16) and around 42:00 he talks about PEA as a supplement that can help with dopamine and work as an anti-histamine and blood sugar regulator. He says to stick with 5-10 mg to be safe, though. People apparently tend to take extremely large doses in which case it could be hypertensive.

Jsaute21

Any updates on experiences with this product? I just started using sparingly and like it a lot.

Frankdee20

Any updates on experiences with this product? I just started using sparingly and like it a lot.

High cacao content chocolate contains some of this, perhaps some natural MAOI too. Other than that, you can take L Phenylalanine to synthesize your own PEA. Tyrosine will not convert to this.

Jsaute21

High cacao content chocolate contains some of this, perhaps some natural MAOI too. Other than that, you can take L Phenylalanine to synthesize your own PEA. Tyrosine will not convert to this.
Understood. But why not just take PEA? Especially if Ray recommends it. I notice immediate lowering of serotonin/Add symptoms when i take. The blood sugar regulation is phenomenal.

Frankdee20

Understood. But why not just take PEA? Especially if Ray recommends it. I notice immediate lowering of serotonin/Add symptoms when i take. The blood sugar regulation is phenomenal.

Nice ! Do what your heart desires lol. I figured it’s always better to let ones body decide that by taking a pre cursor. I have no experience with it to comment otherwise. I think PEA is also the love neurotransmitter

OP
alywest

alywest

Are you staying with the lower dose that RP recommended in the interview?

Jsaute21

Nice ! Do what your heart desires lol. I figured it’s always better to let ones body decide that by taking a pre cursor. I have no experience with it to comment otherwise. I think PEA is also the love neurotransmitter
Probably true. I like it because the effect isn't extremely noticeable, kind of similar to a good BCAA product but a bit more stimulating.

Jsaute21

Are you staying with the lower dose that RP recommended in the interview?
I took 500 MG just because that is 1/8 of a teaspoon for Pure Bulk. Probably a bit high but i don't feel wired or anything too extreme.

Frankdee20

Probably true. I like it because the effect isn't extremely noticeable, kind of similar to a good BCAA product but a bit more stimulating.

Yeah, I’m so curious to try out the BCAA (to impede tryptophan conversion) in conjunction with a little phenylalanine (to enhance dopamine conversion).

OP
alywest

alywest

I took 500 MG just because that is 1/8 of a teaspoon for Pure Bulk. Probably a bit high but i don't feel wired or anything too extreme.
I have read that you should take hordenine with PEA because of its MAO-B inhibition (MAO B inhibitor, preventing the breakdown of dopamine and endogenous phenethylamine in the brain.)

Greg says

I used to use this stuff... I remember feeling good on it.
E3.jpg

"Aquae which contains Phenalmin, an extract of phenylethylamine (PEA) as found in AFA blue-green algae."

cyclops

I was looking for an energy booster. 500mg and didn't really feel anything. 1000mg gave some me lots of short-lived energy. 1500mg gave me some odd effects: 5-10 minutes after taking my whole face felt hot and numb. My face was beat red with patches. I felt kind of dizzy and my vision felt tilted. But I had lots of energy and some euphoria. It doesn't last though and after about 20 minutes I feel tired. If the effects lasted much longer I would probably keep taking it, but its like too intense for too short a time.

Jsaute21

I was looking for an energy booster. 500mg and didn't really feel anything. 1000mg gave some me lots of short-lived energy. 1500mg gave me some odd effects: 5-10 minutes after taking my whole face felt hot and numb. My face was beat red with patches. I felt kind of dizzy and my vision felt tilted. But I had lots of energy and some euphoria. It doesn't last though and after about 20 minutes I feel tired. If the effects lasted much longer I would probably keep taking it, but its like too intense for too short a time.
Understood. It is pretty subtle for me. Only difference is probably an extra hour of comfortably going without food. The fact it is $5.00 made it hard to pass up experimentation.

OP
alywest

alywest

Understood. It is pretty subtle for me. Only difference is probably an extra hour of comfortably going without food. The fact it is $5.00 made it hard to pass up experimentation.
If you don't take an MAO-B inhibitor it's not going to last long because you will break it down too quickly. Kind of like ayahuasca.

Jsaute21

Hi, I was wondering if anyone here has tried to use PEA? In the KMUD interview with Dr. Peat titled Allergy (3/18/16) and around 42:00 he talks about PEA as a supplement that can help with dopamine and work as an anti-histamine and blood sugar regulator. He says to stick with 5-10 mg to be safe, though. People apparently tend to take extremely large doses in which case it could be hypertensive.
Any way that you could link the interview? Cant find it online.

I have taken PEA + hordenine (which is a MAO-B substrate, and thus in sufficient doses can saturate enough of the enzyme so as to allow PEA to escape breakdown), and noticed pretty strong effects.

Firstly, the dosages of the PEA were above 500mg, I think a couple grams a couple times. The doses for hordenine I don't remember, maybe like 100mg.

I did this at least 3 times. The effects were extremely, extremely strong. Honestly I have no idea how I kept composure and didn't freak out, if I did the same thing today I'd be terrified of death.

I would become extremely flushed, my skin would have red, parasympathetic patches all over it. My face was blushing all over.

I would notice an extremely weird, vivid taste in my mouth and throat, it was kind of nice.

Overall wasn't that great, effects were short lived (an hour at most), and didn't feel good.

In my experience, it was stronger than most drug experiences I've experienced.

I didn't really feel euphoric at all, just different. I think euphoria is mainly achieved when used with selegiline, hordenine seems to only give side effects without euphoria. From what I've read, selegiline allows for insanely powerful euphoria. Many people have said such a combination was the most euphoric they've ever felt from a drug.

I might try PEA + selegiline at some point.

NathanK

Tastes magical

It's like extremely mild short lasting ephedrine at higher doses. 5-10mg will do nothing but make you want to clean your tongue with sandpaper