Peat-Informed Practitioner for Hormones

TNT

Can anyone recommend a Peat-informed practitioner who works on hormones? I'm perimenopausal, and I need help. Previously, I'd just used progesterone, but last year when I got into perimenopause, I also started using estrogen (I know, I know), and it's screwed things up. I'm not continuing with the estrogen, but I need help from someone who knows what they're doing, esp. re. menopause, and isn't just gonna push estrogen on me. I don't care if the practitioner is a gynecologist or something else -- I just need them to be Peat-informed and knowledgeable about hormones.

Peatful

Have you looked at Josh and Jeanne Rubin at East West Healing?

not endorsing- but they are active on YouTube, IG and probably FB.

I know someone who used them- and over 80% positive experience- maybe 90%.
She had insomnia. Water retention. Depression. Anxiety. Aging. Cancer.

She’s better now.

OP
T

TNT

Have you looked at Josh and Jeanne Rubin at East West Healing?

not endorsing- but they are active on YouTube, IG and probably FB.

I know someone who used them- and over 80% positive experience- maybe 90%.
She had insomnia. Water retention. Depression. Anxiety. Aging. Cancer.

She’s better now.
Thanx, Peatful. I had looked into working with them a few years ago, but I'm actually looking to work with someone who's a little more hormone-focused.

qminati

Thanx, Peatful. I had looked into working with them a few years ago, but I'm actually looking to work with someone who's a little more hormone-focused.
Have you looked at Kitty Bloomfield? I follow her on instagram and although she can come across as spammy, i see women replying about the progress they have made. The focus group seems to be women dealing with hormone issues.

but FYI If you want to fix your hormones, you are going to need to fix your vitamin intake, liver function, body temperature, gut, light exposure etc... so "hormone-focused" isn't really a thing. Anybody teaching Ray Peat stuff has to teach you the whole thing or its a scam like HRT.

OP
T

TNT

Have you looked at Kitty Bloomfield? I follow her on instagram and although she can come across as spammy, i see women replying about the progress they have made. The focus group seems to be women dealing with hormone issues.

but FYI If you want to fix your hormones, you are going to need to fix your vitamin intake, liver function, body temperature, gut, light exposure etc... so "hormone-focused" isn't really a thing. Anybody teaching Ray Peat stuff has to teach you the whole thing or its a scam like HRT.
Thanx, qminati. I'm a functional health coach, so I'm well aware of (and on top of) the importance of vitamin intake, liver function, body temperature, gut, light exposure etc. for hormones. Nevertheless, I'm in perimenopause, and my hormones are ****88 up, so I need someone to specifically work with me on that. That's why I'm not just looking for a health coach -- I know more than most of them about the other stuff. But hormones specifically is not an area of expertise, so that's what I need help with.

Sefton10

Might be worth emailing Ray directly with some questions.

mostlylurking

Can anyone recommend a Peat-informed practitioner who works on hormones? I'm perimenopausal, and I need help. Previously, I'd just used progesterone, but last year when I got into perimenopause, I also started using estrogen (I know, I know), and it's screwed things up. I'm not continuing with the estrogen, but I need help from someone who knows what they're doing, esp. re. menopause, and isn't just gonna push estrogen on me. I don't care if the practitioner is a gynecologist or something else -- I just need them to be Peat-informed and knowledgeable about hormones.
How much progesterone are you using? Maybe not enough?

I did not have a good experience going through a physician to get custom formulated bio-identical hormone cream. Although I specified that I did NOT want any estrogen included and the physician complied when writing the prescription, the maker of the custom (and expensive) cream used a soy base which by itself was estrogenic.

I found that taking about 40mg of progesterone orally daily solved my problems. I just did this on my own; I've pretty much given up on doctors.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals