How To Get An Appropriate Practitioner/Iron Issues

I went to a naturopath recently who I thought might supervise pregnenolone or thyroid supplementation but his work was very to the opposite of what peat suggested. He thinks I should be on iron because I'm a little low and have small blood cells. I know peat thinks this is dangerous. He also thought that if my blood levels for thyroid look fine (i think tsh was about 2) that there's no need to supplement thyroid.

Kind of scares me to do something like iron supplementation if it could be toxic, but I'm not really in the position to ignore what a medical professional says. Does anyone here have a medical practitioner of any kind that is amenable to peat's theories or diagnosing thyroid issues via pulse and temp? I'm in the northeastern US and getting such a practitioner would be great since I don't wanna just supplement thyroid on my own

OP
energyandstruct
I'm talking about a more general issue I've been having where I encounter peat's work, some of which is fairly non-controversial (the PUFA stuff is being widely accepted these days, and the pro-collagen takes), but some of which is a complete 180 from the medical establishment, and I don't know who to trust. The obvious answer is to examine the theory closer, and look at the primary sources myself. I would like to do that and am doing it, but I don't have a STEM background, and being sick it takes a lot more energy to sift through information... have to rely on a medical practitioner for help at some point. So if any of you have doctor recommendations I would much appreciate it

Birdie

I moved to a new area and just had trouble with the doc I saw here who admitted he knew nothing about thyroid, but then insisted I was overtreated because my TSH was low. I'd had a smarter and less authoritarian doctor with a flexible mind in my old home.

What I did was look over on the stop the thyroid madness website. There is a section for finding good doctors. Not an easy task. I did find somebody who sounded open minded there. And it turns out that he is. Was interested in where we are and what we want rather than forcing a fixed model on us. He has never heard of Ray Peat, so not perfect!! Hopefully, will be a good relationship and hope you find somebody in your area.

HOW TO FIND A GOOD DOCTOR - Stop The Thyroid Madness