1. **NEW Mini Body Light** MBL11 - Orange, Red & Infrared Therapy Mini Body Light
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Cocoa Butter - Organic & Fair Trade Certified
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Oxidal - Liquid Mix Of MB, Caffeine And Benzoic Acid

Discussion in 'IdeaLabs' started by haidut, May 8, 2015.

1. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Studies done by the company pushing nicotinamide riboside (NR) showed that a dose of 300mg and a dose of 1,000mg lead to the same increase in NAD after 24 hours. So, I guess there is probably no need to go up to 1g unless you have very serious inflammation. The 300mg daily dose also happens to be what Ray has consistently been recommending.

2. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

The human studies for depression, bipolar, psychosis, etc used 15mg daily which would be more than 30 drops of Oxidal. There were no notable side effects in these studies but just in case I would try to consume a few hours away from foods like chocolate and cheese.

3. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

The human trials with oral dose used 15mg daily but in hospitals where they use MB for recovery from shock, much higher doses of up to 500mg in a single dose and given through IV have been used. At those VERY high doses it can have risks related to serotonin syndrome, so I would try not to exceed the 15mg oral doses found safe and effective in the human studies.

4. jenjls

jenjls New Member

Thanks Haidut!

5. Joeyd

Joeyd Member

is it ok to take t3 with methylene blue?

6. Wagner83

Wagner83 Member

7. bzmazu

bzmazu Member

Refresh me please, only briefly...what's wrong w the above fruits...they are very nutritious...I eat some almost daily...is my head going to fall off?

8. Wagner83

Wagner83 Member

I mean combining those fruits which contain actual serotonin with methylene blue (MAO inhibitor) may be a bad idea, but this is more of a question and caution, I don't know how reality would work out.

9. bzmazu

bzmazu Member

Well, I take a little MB several times a week...Have not noticed any negatives, but then I don't know what to look for so I 'll have to study it...if it's a problem for me then the MB goes, cause I see no great benefits...again, don't know what to look for there either...thanks for your reply

10. Joeyd

Joeyd Member

Is creatine safe to take with oxidal?

11. Wagner83

Wagner83 Member

Travis suggested dietary serotonin wasn' t serotonergic in the brain (tryptophan is) but he also said it was oxidized by mao, so he wouldn't use a mao inhibitor with those foods. Hopefully he will answer and haidut may chime in with some thoughts of his on the potential issues with higher blood levels of serotonin (but not more serotonin activity in the brain.. e.g. fibrosis?). I know as much as you.
    Since I had big issues with hard cheese while others don't notice anything even taking multiple mg of mb I guess reactions can be wildly different among individuals, better be safe than sorry though.

12. bzmazu

bzmazu Member

Thank you for replying...would like to know more

13. Wagner83

Wagner83 Member

14. JonnyCraig

JonnyCraig Member

Can you comment on the effects please?

15. jenjls

jenjls New Member

I take it mainly with my meals ( on wrists) and feel warm doing so. Main aim is to keep metabolism high.

It also has an “anti stress” effect for me. I feel calmer after taking some, on wrists again, within a few minutes.