Dismiss Notice
  2. **NEW** BL11 - Orange, Red & Infrared Therapy Body Light
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Oxidal - Liquid Mix Of MB, Caffeine And Benzoic Acid

Discussion in 'IdeaLabs' started by haidut, May 8, 2015.

1. Regina

Regina Member

I'll try larger doses of oxidal too.
    My tendency toward IBS has mostly resolved. I also took ketotifen.
    I'm thinking MB, niacinamide, ketotifen, T3 and taurine, caffeine for the win. :D

2. mirc12354

mirc12354 Member

what is the shelf life of this product?

3. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

FDA regulations state that liquid products should be advertised as having a shelf life no longer than 12 months.

4. johnwester130

johnwester130 Member

there is already an IBS drug that uses methylene blue, so it can definitely help. oxidal should work the same

[​IMG]

5. Wagner83

Wagner83 Member

40 mg mb per day?

6. johnwester130

johnwester130 Member

what are you referring to ? that sounds like a lot

edit : the pharma drug ? yes, that's a lot. maybe one tablet a day would work.

7. JonnyCraig

JonnyCraig Member

Haidut.. do you still believe MB is good? There was a bit of a concerning study that came out not too long ago on it being neurotoxic?!?

BTW, this is a very interesting read about a 61yr old man using MB! My experience using methylene blue • r/Nootropics

8. Waynish

Waynish Member

Which substances have you found the most useful to take around MB? I'm guessing sugar would be one, since it raises metabolism. Obviously, the substances oxidal contains help - anything else you've had success enhancing its effects or reducing negative effects you've experienced on it?

9. papaya

papaya Member

does this mean that drinking diet soda with sodium/potassium benzoate & caffeine can be good for you? i think i also remember you mentioning some positive benefits of aspartame????

10. Joeyd

Joeyd Member

@haidut there was a different post about some methylene blue products containing heavy metal contamination. Can you just let me know if you've had your product analysed or if you're certain there's no problems re this issue thanks

11. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

It depends on how much of the benzoate is inside that bottle. I suspect they put a LOT to ensure long shelf life. Higher amounts do have toxicity risks.

12. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

The MB we use is USP-grade. We have not analyzed it ourselves, but will probably do so now that you bring it up. I think the USP certification ensures low levels of heavy metals, but the only way to know for sure is to test.

13. Wagner83

Wagner83 Member

Heavy Metal Contamination Of Methylene Blue

14. Joeyd

Joeyd Member

Would you say oxidal is your best supplement for combatting nitric oxide?

15. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

One of them. Adamantane is also pretty good as per the study I posted recently. Lapodin is also excellent for that.

16. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Thanks. We better send Oxidal to the lab then, even though at low doses the USP-grade is probably OK. Somebody asked Ray a similar question and he said the USP-grade stuff did not felt toxic to him.

17. Rowdy

Rowdy New Member

haidut have you gotten results about heavy metals in the methylene blue

18. tara

tara Member

My understanding is that Peat does not generally recommend it for anything that can be resolved with thyroid or progesterone or other diet (or maybe other more 'natural (my phrase) tactics?).

Not to say people shouldn't use it, and I've used it myself, but not on the basis that Peat is recommending it as a general supplement for everybody.

19. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Yes, we have. The USP standard allows 10ppm for most heavy metals and our tests showed < 1 ppm for lead, cadmium, nickel, cobalt, and aluminium.

20. babadook

babadook Member

I wanted to follow up on this post that I had made a couple months ago. MB did not end up curing the IBS, but niacinamide did. It seemed that the most powerful substances in improving my symptoms were those that had direct effects on the cortisol enzymes (aspirin, niacinamide, DHEA). A couple weeks of about 2-3g niacinamide and all my symptoms were gone. It's hard to say for sure that it was the niacinamide since I was also taking thyroid and amitryptyline, but these had not cured the IBS in past attempts.

I should also note that I think there are various causes of IBS. Some people may have IBS related to SIBO, in which case antibiotics may be more effective. I also think that serotonin is a likely culprit in many cases as well. I'm not sure how often cortisol is explored as the cause of IBS, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was related to many cases as well.