Oral Health And Hair

yerrag

Like a robot? You sound like a cultist. I don't have compelling evidence for it being a genetic condition aside from it being the label slapped on the by the medical community; frankly a lack of evidence for what causes in environmentally is the best evidence one can really have for it being a genetic condition. That being said, since you are going against the grain and making a rather monumental assertion its your responsibility to support your claim.

I've browsed every one of the four threads you linked me.

Some of the theories are quite interesting, but they are unfortunately only theories. As my knowledge of this field is rather limited many of them, I will admit, went over my head, no pun intended. I have yet to see serious evidence of improvement in anyone following any of the theories perpetuated here.
I seriously hope that this all leads somewhere.

Funny you should ask that - a few days ago I was walking down to the pharmacy to find some distilled water/ethyl alcohol for my zix and this guy who looked malnourished as hell in beat up clothes asked me if I could give him a few bucks to buy some food. After I handed him a few bucks I noticed that he had awesome hair, defined Nw0 super greasy and filthy but pretty damn dense. He's the only homeless guy I've paid attention to since obsessing with my hair so its not some sort of great sample. On google plenty of homeless folks have lots of hair - looking at the ones that look like real life shots of course.

Have you talked to these guys? Do you know their history? Have they been homeless since they were born? What if the bald ones are dead already and the ones you see have hair and have no money to spend on a haircut? And are you not noticing the homeless guy who doesn't stand out that has bad hair and homeless because he blends in with the rest of us more than the guy with the long hair? Or maybe the bald one?

This is where the word anecdotal has its full meaning.

mrchibbs

Hey Kenny,

The reason why @JDreamer linked those threads is because we've had this argument many times before.

Genetics is not relevant, for the simple reason that as a field of science it has utterly collapsed into a trivial research concern. Transgenerational epigenetics is now the field where the real science is being done. Based on what we understand from the failure of the Human Genome project, the actual genes do not explain 95+% of human disease. And in actuality that is a conservative estimate.

There is compelling evidence that the genetic theory was propped up by pharmaceutical interests to convince the general public of a certain determinism or sense of fatality. (i.e. there is nothing you can do about your conditions, it is predestined, set in stone, and only us can save you, with very specific medications which target your ''faulty'' genes)

Except that there is no such thing as faulty genes, in the vast majority of cases (your genetic material maybe affected by exposure to nuclear radiation).

If hair loss was a purely ''genetic'' pathology, it wouldn't be associated with any other condition. It would stand alone and would occur randomly among healthy men. If that was the case, then yes there would be nothing to do and shaving one's head would be a good solution.

But thankfully (or unfortunately) there is a massive amount of evidence tying so called male-pattern baldness with hypothyroidism, coronary problems, alzheimer, infertility you name it. Danny Roddy has never consulted with a man (or woman) losing hair who didn't have subpar temperatures and other symptoms, in more than 5 years of consulting.

What we inherit from our families is the worsening environment of each successive generations, and the Stress (with a capital S) experienced by our parents, grand-parents etc. This can predispose us to have severe hormonal imprinting which makes us relatively more ''fragile'' and susceptible to losing hair prematurely (because everyone loses hair, at a relatively different pace). As am sure you're aware, it can take only a short period of maybe a few years of intense stress and inherited frailty to induce massive hair loss in young men. But it isn't just hair being affected.

Bottomline, it is not a random thing happening. And yes, we don't have a ''protocol'' to cure it. But many people have been successful at regrowing their hair, by actively changing their environments and improving their lives. If you want pictures to prove that it's possible, just look at the pictures Rob S. English has published on his website. I know for a fact several of the guys who regrew hair, did a lot of ''Peat''-inspired changes to their lives, along with the massages Rob recommends.

The hair follicles don't die, they aren't ''programmed'' to miniaturize, and they aren't ''sensitive to DHT''. They are however, subjected to a constant rampage of stress hormones and other catabolic substances: estrogen (stops hair growth), prolactin (causes hair to shed), cortisol (prevents further regrowth), serotonin (constricts blood vessels in the scalp and elsewhere), parathyroid (causes calcification and shocks the hair follicle) prostaglandins (create inflammatory signals around the hair follicles).

Basically a nightmare, which, when maintained chronically, leads to serious hair loss. Relatively healthy woman are protected by their menstrual cycle, which stops this cycle from continuing every month (via very high levels of estradiol and progesterone). Women with no menstruations (as in PCOS or menopause) often begin to lose hair and exhibit the exact same patterns of ''male pattern baldness''.

I hope you read the threads and continue your research!

OP
K

Kenny

Hey Kenny,

The reason why @JDreamer linked those threads is because we've had this argument many times before.

Genetics is not relevant, for the simple reason that as a field of science it has utterly collapsed into a trivial research concern. Transgenerational epigenetics is now the field where the real science is being done. Based on what we understand from the failure of the Human Genome project, the actual genes do not explain 95+% of human disease. And in actuality that is a conservative estimate.

There is compelling evidence that the genetic theory was propped up by pharmaceutical interests to convince the general public of a certain determinism or sense of fatality. (i.e. there is nothing you can do about your conditions, it is predestined, set in stone, and only us can save you, with very specific medications which target your ''faulty'' genes)

Except that there is no such thing as faulty genes, in the vast majority of cases (your genetic material maybe affected by exposure to nuclear radiation).

If hair loss was a purely ''genetic'' pathology, it wouldn't be associated with any other condition. It would stand alone and would occur randomly among healthy men. If that was the case, then yes there would be nothing to do and shaving one's head would be a good solution.

But thankfully (or unfortunately) there is a massive amount of evidence tying so called male-pattern baldness with hypothyroidism, coronary problems, alzheimer, infertility you name it. Danny Roddy has never consulted with a man (or woman) losing hair who didn't have subpar temperatures and other symptoms, in more than 5 years of consulting.

What we inherit from our families is the worsening environment of each successive generations, and the Stress (with a capital S) experienced by our parents, grand-parents etc. This can predispose us to have severe hormonal imprinting which makes us relatively more ''fragile'' and susceptible to losing hair prematurely (because everyone loses hair, at a relatively different pace). As am sure you're aware, it can take only a short period of maybe a few years of intense stress and inherited frailty to induce massive hair loss in young men. But it isn't just hair being affected.

Bottomline, it is not a random thing happening. And yes, we don't have a ''protocol'' to cure it. But many people have been successful at regrowing their hair, by actively changing their environments and improving their lives. If you want pictures to prove that it's possible, just look at the pictures Rob S. English has published on his website. I know for a fact several of the guys who regrew hair, did a lot of ''Peat''-inspired changes to their lives, along with the massages Rob recommends.

The hair follicles don't die, they aren't ''programmed'' to miniaturize, and they aren't ''sensitive to DHT''. They are however, subjected to a constant rampage of stress hormones and other catabolic substances: estrogen (stops hair growth), prolactin (causes hair to shed), cortisol (prevents further regrowth), serotonin (constricts blood vessels in the scalp and elsewhere), parathyroid (causes calcification and shocks the hair follicle) prostaglandins (create inflammatory signals around the hair follicles).

Basically a nightmare, which, when maintained chronically, leads to serious hair loss. Relatively healthy woman are protected by their menstrual cycle, which stops this cycle from continuing every month (via very high levels of estradiol and progesterone). Women with no menstruations (as in PCOS or menopause) often begin to lose hair and exhibit the exact same patterns of ''male pattern baldness''.

I really appreciate you typing that all out for me, thank you.

I totally agree with you that the medical field is quite behind and sloppy - I have no doubt that the research you guys are talking about is pretty important stuff, its just that I have yet to see the efficacy.

In my own experience my thyroid labs looked totally normal and my waking temperature is almost always a consistent 37.7 degrees.
TSH 1.28 uIU/mL
T3, Free 3.42 pg/mL
T4 Free 1.11 ng/dL
I recognize that my temp could be a bit higher, but frankly it seems like a pretty normal temperature for a person in my demographic. I haven't had cold hands or feet in several months. The only thyroid related symptoms I can think of are fatigue and depression, I think those are induced by the hair loss itself.
The thyroid doesn't really fall into the subclinical hypothyroid range, my vitamins and minerals all were sufficient and aside from going to bed a little late and eating the occasional bit of junk food I really don't see any avenue for what could have induced it - or an avenue to go about mending myself. I feel like if this were not something that was genetic then like 90% of people in my demographic should be showing the same symptoms as me, but I am the only person in my extended friend group to be cursed with hair issues :(.

I hope you understand my concern in that I have yet to see any of these theories bring anybody results. There are no before after photos anywhere(I know you and I talked about how a lot of people might just not be sending them, but come on this is a popular forum, danny roddy is well know- I think if there were people getting great results we would have seen them by now. The only results I have seen without pharma have been PHH massages and zix - which have yet to slow my excessive shedding :(.

Sorry for letting the thread get derailed folks

mrchibbs

I really appreciate you typing that all out for me, thank you.

I totally agree with you that the medical field is quite behind and sloppy - I have no doubt that the research you guys are talking about is pretty important stuff, its just that I have yet to see the efficacy.

In my own experience my thyroid labs looked totally normal and my waking temperature is almost always a consistent 37.7 degrees.
TSH 1.28 uIU/mL
T3, Free 3.42 pg/mL
T4 Free 1.11 ng/dL
I recognize that my temp could be a bit higher, but frankly it seems like a pretty normal temperature for a person in my demographic. I haven't had cold hands or feet in several months. The only thyroid related symptoms I can think of are fatigue and depression, I think those are induced by the hair loss itself.
The thyroid doesn't really fall into the subclinical hypothyroid range, my vitamins and minerals all were sufficient and aside from going to bed a little late and eating the occasional bit of junk food I really don't see any avenue for what could have induced it - or an avenue to go about mending myself. I feel like if this were not something that was genetic then like 90% of people in my demographic should be showing the same symptoms as me, but I am the only person in my extended friend group to be cursed with hair issues :(.

I hope you understand my concern in that I have yet to see any of these theories bring anybody results. There are no before after photos anywhere(I know you and I talked about how a lot of people might just not be sending them, but come on this is a popular forum, danny roddy is well know- I think if there were people getting great results we would have seen them by now. The only results I have seen without pharma have been PHH massages and zix - which have yet to slow my excessive shedding :(.

Sorry for letting the thread get derailed folks

Are you sure your waking temp is 37.7 ?! You probably have a fever if so. 36.6-8 would be a good waking temp.

PHH massages are perfectly fine and clearly can be successful. And Zix is zinc, b6, which do a lot of Peaty things, including lowering prolactin, inflammation, increasing dopamine, and progesterone etc. There isn't anything unique about zinc and b6. It's been a well known combination which has been found to be therapeutic for many disorders since the 1960s and the orthomolecular doctors.

There has been plenty of results. As I've said, the guys you see on PHH, like Jared and others, fixed their lifestyle and temperatures, along with the massages. And scattered on the web you'll find pictures of regrowth. I won't get into this much longer because frankly it bores me to have to repeat myself on this topic and I have nothing to prove.

But hair loss is not a superficial problem, so don't treat it like one. The reason why you don't see much regrowth is that its hard to reverse the patterns which lead to hair loss. But clearly not impossible. And there is about half a dozen accounts in the scientific literature of spontaneous regrowth of fully bald heads even at an advanced age.

If you still want to believe in it being genetics, go ahead. But there is nothing down that road. Hopefully you take some time to read and explore. There is nothing more I can say than I've already written ad nauseam in other threads.

OP
K

Kenny

Are you sure your waking temp is 37.7 ?! You probably have a fever if so. 36.6-8 would be a good waking temp.

PHH massages are perfectly fine and clearly can be successful. And Zix is zinc, b6, which do a lot of Peaty things, including lowering prolactin, inflammation, increasing dopamine, and progesterone etc. There isn't anything unique about zinc and b6. It's been a well known combination which has been found to be therapeutic for many disorders since the 1960s and the orthomolecular doctors.

There has been plenty of results. As I've said, the guys you see on PHH, like Jared and others, fixed their lifestyle and temperatures, along with the massages. And scattered on the web you'll find pictures of regrowth. I won't get into this much longer because frankly it bores me to have to repeat myself on this topic and I have nothing to prove.

But hair loss is not a superficial problem, so don't treat it like one. The reason why you don't see much regrowth is that its hard to reverse the patterns which lead to hair loss. But clearly not impossible. And there is about half a dozen accounts in the scientific literature of spontaneous regrowth of fully bald heads even at an advanced age.

If you still want to believe in it being genetics, go ahead. But there is nothing down that road. Hopefully you take some time to read and explore. There is nothing more I can say than I've already written ad nauseam in other threads.

Tragic typo - meant 36.7

I just watched the interview with jared by the way, really great stuff. His recovery has been down right incredible - I am quite jealous. I appreciate you turning me on to it. Mind you it seems like Vitamin D was a HUGE factor in his recovery, but I have no doubt mending his hypothyroidism played a role. Unfortunately a lot of people tried the same methods as him to no avail.
Hopefully it will work for me.

mrchibbs

Tragic typo - meant 36.7

I just watched the interview with jared by the way, really great stuff. His recovery has been down right incredible - I am quite jealous. I appreciate you turning me on to it. Mind you it seems like Vitamin D was a HUGE factor in his recovery, but I have no doubt mending his hypothyroidism played a role. Unfortunately a lot of people tried the same methods as him to no avail.
Hopefully it will work for me.

Jared was doing everything. He was consulting with Danny, and with Rob at the same times. And vitamin D is closely linked to thyroid function, and just about everything else - keeping prolactin, parathyroid etc. low -

It's a big picture thing, and everyone has different factors going wrong for them. In my experience a lot of guys are just straight up lazy and they like to b**** and be depressed about their hair and they're not willing to make real changes.

Recoen

Hang around these threads longer and you'll quickly learn it's not genetic. That's just boogeyman science.
+1
Nature literally just reported a 4-strand DNA. There’s tons of research showing mDNA and nDNA changes happen after metabolism drops. And are fixed when you restore metabolism.
Please don’t ask me to “provide references” read Ling, pubmed, nature, etc. A good start is reverse transcriptase.

Last edited:

JDreamer

Like a robot? You sound like a cultist. I don't have compelling evidence for it being a genetic condition aside from it being the label slapped on the by the medical community; frankly a lack of evidence for what causes in environmentally is the best evidence one can really have for it being a genetic condition. That being said, since you are going against the grain and making a rather monumental assertion its your responsibility to support your claim.

I've browsed every one of the four threads you linked me.

Some of the theories are quite interesting, but they are unfortunately only theories. As my knowledge of this field is rather limited many of them, I will admit, went over my head, no pun intended. I have yet to see serious evidence of improvement in anyone following any of the theories perpetuated here.
I seriously hope that this all leads somewhere.

Edit: Nevermind.

Last edited:

JDreamer

So I meant to ask ......

Zinc and B6 are essentially "co-enzymes" to some kind of enzymatic process within the body right? Which process or "enzyme" would that be?

mrchibbs

So I meant to ask ......

Zinc and B6 are essentially "co-enzymes" to some kind of enzymatic process within the body right? Which process or "enzyme" would that be?

Woah, we're talking about hundreds if not thousands of such processes. I recommend reading the wikipedia entry for zinc and pyridoxine, and watching medicosis perfectionalis YouTube channel.

In the 1960s they identified pyroluria in psychiatric patients, and zinc/b6 was deficient in those patients. I rely on the studies which show that both b6 and zinc together do a lot of positive things, for instance: 6684167

JDreamer

Woah, we're talking about hundreds if not thousands of such processes. I recommend reading the wikipedia entry for zinc and pyridoxine, and watching medicosis perfectionalis YouTube channel.

In the 1960s they identified pyroluria in psychiatric patients, and zinc/b6 was deficient in those patients. I rely on the studies which show that both b6 and zinc together do a lot of positive things, for instance: 6684167

Got it. Thx.

Ya I just realized there's gotta be a lot of them. I guess I was moreseo referring to the processes related to hair.

OP
K

Kenny

Got it. Thx.

Ya I just realized there's gotta be a lot of them. I guess I was moreseo referring to the processes related to hair.

well we know that when they are combined with azelaic acid they are extremely anti androgenic Inhibition of 5 alpha-reductase activity in human skin by zinc and azelaic acid - PubMed

this is in vitro and there has not been much success with people adding azelaic acid to their zix in attempt to mimic the study.
interestingly there are a few people online who have claimed that azelaic acid gave them post finasteride symptoms. It seems hard to believe considering its just a widely used acne product but it is supported by the study I suppose.

mrchibbs

well we know that when they are combined with azelaic acid they are extremely anti androgenic Inhibition of 5 alpha-reductase activity in human skin by zinc and azelaic acid - PubMed

this is in vitro and there has not been much success with people adding azelaic acid to their zix in attempt to mimic the study.
interestingly there are a few people online who have claimed that azelaic acid gave them post finasteride symptoms. It seems hard to believe considering its just a widely used acne product but it is supported by the study I suppose.

I think you'll find from this forum that many people here don't believe in 5-ar or DHT being the culprit in hair loss. I think the positive benefits of zinc and b6 come from the fact that they both become deficient in stress. And it's well known that hair loss sufferers have low zinc. Moreover zinc lowers prolactin, and b6 as well, along with estrogen and aldosterone, etc. So they move things in the right direction.

OP
K

Kenny

I think you'll find from this forum that many people here don't believe in 5-ar or DHT being the culprit in hair loss. I think the positive benefits of zinc and b6 come from the fact that they both become deficient in stress. And it's well known that hair loss sufferers have low zinc. Moreover zinc lowers prolactin, and b6 as well, along with estrogen and aldosterone, etc. So they move things in the right direction.
I see

Well DHT is obviously not the "cause" as its actually often higher in non balding guys - however - the literature i have read suggests that something in balding men causes there to be more DHT localized on scalp tissue. Nuking one's serum dht seems to combat that process on the scalp and appears to successfully slow, stop or undo balding in the vast majority of subjects.

I'm actually quite curious to hear alternate hypotheses for this. Why would guys who take fin stop balding if dht activity isn't part of the balding.

Till recently my assumption was just that guys who are balding were just born with more 5ar on their scalps but honestly now i am just confused lol.

JDreamer

Wasn't it mentioned that B6 (p5P) is the most beneficial form - especially to increase absorption of zinc in the intestines? That's the one I use anyway.

Last edited:

JDreamer

I see

Well DHT is obviously not the "cause" as its actually often higher in non balding guys - however - the literature i have read suggests that something in balding men causes there to be more DHT localized on scalp tissue. Nuking one's serum dht seems to combat that process on the scalp and appears to successfully slow, stop or undo balding in the vast majority of subjects.

I'm actually quite curious to hear alternate hypotheses for this. Why would guys who take fin stop balding if dht activity isn't part of the balding.

Till recently my assumption was just that guys who are balding were just born with more 5ar on their scalps but honestly now i am just confused lol.

Not everyone who takes FIN stops balding.

DHT happens further downstream in the balding process and is reacting to the inflammation that is occurring, but it's not the cause. If you "nuke" your serum DHT you're going to become one of those awful stories you hear about of the people who's lives FIN destroyed. If your goal is to become asexual, limp dicked, and feminized go for it because that's the looming risk.

There are circulating hormones from serum and then those being created within the skin of the scalp itself. So big difference there.

OP
K

Kenny

Not everyone who takes FIN stops balding.

DHT happens further downstream in the balding process and is reacting to the inflammation that is occurring, but it's not the cause. If you "nuke" your serum DHT you're going to become one of those awful stories you hear about of the people who's lives FIN destroyed. If your goal is to become asexual, limp dicked, and feminized go for it because that's the looming risk.

There are circulating hormones from serum and then those being created within the skin of the scalp itself. So big difference there.

That is absolutely true, but MOST do for at least a few years. While i personally wouldn't risk messing with my serum hormone levels there are plenty of people on dutasteride, like a 99% inhibition, whom don't report side effects.

If a medication that could prove itself not to interact with serum hormones - maybe the Breezula/CB-##-## thing in development though its trials are less than impressive,

JDreamer

That is absolutely true, but MOST do for at least a few years. While i personally wouldn't risk messing with my serum hormone levels there are plenty of people on dutasteride, like a 99% inhibition, whom don't report side effects.

If a medication that could prove itself not to interact with serum hormones - maybe the Breezula/CB-##-## thing in development though its trials are less than impressive,

"Most" and "99%"?

Going to disagree - especially after what I've read on sites like these, Hackstasis, HairlossTalk and others. I also don't see any published peer reviewed literature suggesting such success rates (if temporary) for either of those two 'scrips.

I think the goal in the short-term is still to figure out a topical, while working to solve the riddle of the rest of the systemic processes that caused it in the first place. I'm about to jump into the pool with topical progesterone, as well as a topical antifungal - many discussed on here not only prevent fungi which cause inflammation, but also inhibit Estrogen and/or Aromatase in tissue.

Last edited:

Ableton

Hey Kenny,

while there was a certain variable in genetics and recombination, this is now basically out of the window.
I suppose this means many of us should not have kids tbh

mrchibbs

@Ableton

Ray is of the mind that the shortcomings we may have can be overcome if we work on them intensely. And I think you can do a lot to make your children healthier than you were, by maximizing your health and that of the mother's before during and after pregnancy. Children are resilient, and the right environmental support early on can set powerful positive hormonal trends which they will carry through life. So yes, absolutely have children if you want to. But get healthier before you do. At any rate, many guys with premature balding have fertility problems and are often the reason why their girlfriend can't get pregnant, and not the other way around.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals