Oral Health And Hair

golder

Interesting, what are some of the best ways to optimise oral health? Thanks for these!

gaze

poor oral health generally means slow bowel transit with excess fermentation, high blood calcium, low vitamin k, low vitamin d. Trying to tackle only the oral health isn't solving the overall problem (in my opinion) although the oral health probably plays a big role as well independently

OP
K

Kenny

Interesting, what are some of the best ways to optimise oral health? Thanks for these!

You are most welcome! I sure hope this actually ends up being helpful - I don't actually have any idea and am scraping the barrel to find some sort of solution for me that doesn't involve terrifying drugs.

Though optimizing oral health is a good idea in general. Personally I have been brushing two times a day(with extra focus on tongue and gums), flossing once a day, Swishing coconut oil around for like 20 minutes and spitting it out followed by a salt water gargle once in a while - i did it maybe 4 or 5 times this past week. So far I haven't noticed any change in any department.

poor oral health generally means slow bowel transit with excess fermentation, high blood calcium, low vitamin k, low vitamin d. Trying to tackle only the oral health isn't solving the overall problem (in my opinion) although the oral health probably plays a big role as well independently

Well I have no doubt those things you listed contribute, but the focus here was mostly on stuff like gingivitis and bacterial overgrowth which probably stems from environmental and insufficient oral care. I get bleeding gums for not flossing enough.

@yerrag Care to comment on this thread, you probably have some good input to share :):
I chew a lot of gum containing Xylitol.

yerrag

Oral health is definitely something we can't afford to overlook. I did that and paid the price. Not that I don't floss and brush my teeth. It's just not enough especially when one has poor calcium balance (that calcium can leech off the teeth) and combined with the presence of endotoxins (yes, endotoxins from the gut can go into the mouth as the gut and mouth share one tunnel) makes it easy for bacteria to gain a toe hold beneath the gum line and start a bacterial colony that becomes periodontitis. Quite often it is hidden and it could take years before it's discovered. I discovered the remaining periodontal (I already had teeth pulled out due to periodontitis) and had assumed I was fine until 10 years later two more had to be extracted because the teeth were coming loose.

(The older x-rays weren't able to detect periodontitis as well as newer xrays called cone beam x-rays that incorporated heat-based tomography. A company called Hyperion is one maker of such xrays. I consider these xrays a bitter pill that's necessary unless we want to risk not detecting hidden periodontal pockets.)

As far as hair loss is concerned, yes, there is a relationship to periodontitis. I've seen my hair thinning when I started having seborrheic dermatitis. That was eighteen years ago. Without the thinning hair, I would have looked younger. But since I have a healthy metabolism, I'm not balding. I believe it also helped that I didn't take any BP lowering drugs, as the high blood pressure continued to keep my scalp fed with blood to keep hair growing. Btw, I have very high blood pressure, currently ranging from 170/120 to 210/140. The high BP is due to periodontitis as well.

As for prostate, I don't have that problem because I have good metabolic health and I believe the ability to produce progesterone, arising from good metabolic health, helps. If I don't have good metabolic health, it may be a different story. However, my virility could be better.

Lastly, I believe that periodontal disease leads to the creation of immune complexes. Not all of these immune complexes are cleared from the body. Some form part of the plaque in the blood vessels (a good thing I think, since it keeps the immune complexes from doing harm), and the rest get deposited in joints, in the scalp capillaries, the kidneys, and maybe in the prostate. These immune complexes hinder blood flow and they also cause inflammation. It is an auto-immune problem because the immune system attacks these ICs and we feel the inflammation as manifested in arthritic pain (joints) , hypertension (kidneys), seborrheic dermatitis (scalp) and hair loss (scalp). Not to mention the effects of ICs on the liver and the heart, in which the effects are not as obvious.

rr1

Oral health is definitely something we can't afford to overlook. I did that and paid the price. Not that I don't floss and brush my teeth. It's just not enough especially when one has poor calcium balance (that calcium can leech off the teeth) and combined with the presence of endotoxins (yes, endotoxins from the gut can go into the mouth as the gut and mouth share one tunnel) makes it easy for bacteria to gain a toe hold beneath the gum line and start a bacterial colony that becomes periodontitis. Quite often it is hidden and it could take years before it's discovered. I discovered the remaining periodontal (I already had teeth pulled out due to periodontitis) and had assumed I was fine until 10 years later two more had to be extracted because the teeth were coming loose.

(The older x-rays weren't able to detect periodontitis as well as newer xrays called cone beam x-rays that incorporated heat-based tomography. A company called Hyperion is one maker of such xrays. I consider these xrays a bitter pill that's necessary unless we want to risk not detecting hidden periodontal pockets.)

As far as hair loss is concerned, yes, there is a relationship to periodontitis. I've seen my hair thinning when I started having seborrheic dermatitis. That was eighteen years ago. Without the thinning hair, I would have looked younger. But since I have a healthy metabolism, I'm not balding. I believe it also helped that I didn't take any BP lowering drugs, as the high blood pressure continued to keep my scalp fed with blood to keep hair growing. Btw, I have very high blood pressure, currently ranging from 170/120 to 210/140. The high BP is due to periodontitis as well.

As for prostate, I don't have that problem because I have good metabolic health and I believe the ability to produce progesterone, arising from good metabolic health, helps. If I don't have good metabolic health, it may be a different story. However, my virility could be better.

Lastly, I believe that periodontal disease leads to the creation of immune complexes. Not all of these immune complexes are cleared from the body. Some form part of the plaque in the blood vessels (a good thing I think, since it keeps the immune complexes from doing harm), and the rest get deposited in joints, in the scalp capillaries, the kidneys, and maybe in the prostate. These immune complexes hinder blood flow and they also cause inflammation. It is an auto-immune problem because the immune system attacks these ICs and we feel the inflammation as manifested in arthritic pain (joints) , hypertension (kidneys), seborrheic dermatitis (scalp) and hair loss (scalp). Not to mention the effects of ICs on the liver and the heart, in which the effects are not as obvious.

Thanks for this information. I have suspected for a while now that my oral health may not be 100%.

Apart from flossing, brushing, optimal calcium balance, and reducing endotoxins in the gut, is there anything else we can do to fight against periodontitis?

yerrag

Oil pulling while taking a bath (to give it enough time as you're not in a hurry to spit out the oil) and using a water pick to ensure the no food is stuck where flossing and brushing has missed. This may seem overkill, but once we get into the habit, it pays off having your whole set of teeth and having your overall health as oral health has a big impact on it.

And regular dental visits for cleaning. Once every 6 months. I made a mistake of skimping on this when I left my job and didn't have health insurance. Given my tendency to build up dental plaque (endotoxins I think is the cause) it was a bad decision and as a result I have periodontal issues and it's effects.

OP
K

Kenny

Again, there a bums with full heads of hair and they have the poorest dental hygiene on the planet.

i believe that its all genetics but I think its likely that poor oral health may worsen the condition so its good to take care of if possible

OP
K

Kenny

Hang around these threads longer and you'll quickly learn it's not genetic. That's just boogeyman science.
Well then I will throw your own message at you - homeless folks often have hair. They are exposed to more pollution, they eat junkier food, they often smoke and do drugs. I guess they gut more sunlight lmfao

I don't smoke/do drugs, don't drink, don't eat any processed food, don't eat much dairy, take vit D and K2 - and in my entire family I have one relative with balding - my paternal grandfather. Him passing it down to me seems like the only explanation.

yerrag

Hollywood!

Real world please.

JDreamer

Well then I will throw your own message at you - homeless folks often have hair. They are exposed to more pollution, they eat junkier food, they often smoke and do drugs. I guess they gut more sunlight lmfao

I don't smoke/do drugs, don't drink, don't eat any processed food, don't eat much dairy, take vit D and K2 - and in my entire family I have one relative with balding - my paternal grandfather. Him passing it down to me seems like the only explanation.

That's just convenient observation in lieu of tangible/verifiable evidence. Many have made the same mistake.

OP
K

Kenny

That's just convenient observation in lieu of tangible/verifiable evidence. Many have made the same mistake.
Look man im open to being corrected, if its not genetic that would be great news that something could be corrected in my lifestyle. But if you are making the assertion you need to produce the evidence...

OP
K

Kenny

Hollywood!

Real world please.

What does he mean by this. I am just trying to productive towards repairing my problem.

Are you trying to say that genetics do not play a role? Well even if its not the cause of hair loss its probably impossible for there not to be at least a small role played by genes.

Actually considering 23 and me tests can make estimates as to whether or not you will go bald its absolutely true.

I actually read most of the posts on this forum by the way @JDreamer and I noticed there were little to no people who actually have been successful - especially not with before after photos. I also saw no compelling evidence of this not being a genetic condition.

Like I said, I hope you can correct me.

JDreamer

Look man im open to being corrected, if its not genetic that would be great news that something could be corrected in my lifestyle. But if you are making the assertion you need to produce the evidence...

I don't have the time to paraphrase the entire process for you. Put in some effort and read the threads on this forum - in particular the ones I've listed below (especially the more recent week/month worth of posts). You'll quickly learn its relationship to Stress, Thyroid, Progesterone, cell mitochondria and the Adrenals. You'll learn about the scalp having it's own steroidogenesis too. You'll learn about how a person's body turns over from healthy hormone production to adrenal (stress) based, which drastically impacts the metabolic (energy) system and impacts hair growth.

The Cause Of Baldness
What Explains Extreme Body Hair/beard But MPB?
Haidut's Recent Comments On Estrogen's Role In Hairloss
Evidence That Cortisol Really Does Cause Hair Loss

JDreamer

I actually read most of the posts on this forum by the way @JDreamer and I noticed there were little to no people who actually have been successful - especially not with before after photos. I also saw no compelling evidence of this not being a genetic condition.

Dude, seriously you sound like a robot. You're asking for compelling evidence of it not being genetic and you provide literally none that it is.

Expand your mind, read the threads I provided you. There's many smart minds on this forum who are closer to the solution than "ITz dA GEneTiKs!"

yerrag

What does he mean by this. I am just trying to productive towards repairing my problem.

Are you trying to say that genetics do not play a role? Well even if its not the cause of hair loss its probably impossible for there not to be at least a small role played by genes.

Actually considering 23 and me tests can make estimates as to whether or not you will go bald its absolutely true.

I mean do you believe homeless people really have more hair? I haven't been to see who the homeless people really are and what their hair condition is really like. But what I've seen are homeless people in movies, with their long hair with spaghetti clinging on to those locks. Movies make special effects, and for some reason I think maybe spaghetti not clinging to bald heads of homeless people end up costing the producer a lot of money in retakes.

OP
K

Kenny

Dude, seriously you sound like a robot. You're asking for compelling evidence of it not being genetic and you provide literally none that it is.

Expand your mind, read the threads I provided you. There's many smart minds on this forum who are closer to the solution than "ITz dA GEneTiKs!"

Like a robot? You sound like a cultist. I don't have compelling evidence for it being a genetic condition aside from it being the label slapped on the by the medical community; frankly a lack of evidence for what causes in environmentally is the best evidence one can really have for it being a genetic condition. That being said, since you are going against the grain and making a rather monumental assertion its your responsibility to support your claim.

I've browsed every one of the four threads you linked me.

Some of the theories are quite interesting, but they are unfortunately only theories. As my knowledge of this field is rather limited many of them, I will admit, went over my head, no pun intended. I have yet to see serious evidence of improvement in anyone following any of the theories perpetuated here.
I seriously hope that this all leads somewhere.

I mean do you believe homeless people really have more hair? I haven't been to see who the homeless people really are and what their hair condition is really like. But what I've seen are homeless people in movies, with their long hair with spaghetti clinging on to those locks. Movies make special effects, and for some reason I think maybe spaghetti not clinging to bald heads of homeless people end up costing the producer a lot of money in retakes.

Funny you should ask that - a few days ago I was walking down to the pharmacy to find some distilled water/ethyl alcohol for my zix and this guy who looked malnourished as hell in beat up clothes asked me if I could give him a few bucks to buy some food. After I handed him a few bucks I noticed that he had awesome hair, defined Nw0 super greasy and filthy but pretty damn dense. He's the only homeless guy I've paid attention to since obsessing with my hair so its not some sort of great sample. On google plenty of homeless folks have lots of hair - looking at the ones that look like real life shots of course.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals