One Step Forward One Step Back

brainfog

Every time i have tried something that has worked it has always ended up not working. Coconut oil, carrot, aspirin, k2 and most likely coffee/caffeine. It has worked for a short period like 2-5 days. And i have really felt the effect of a clearer mind, more energy, stable energy, getting warm from meals, better digestion, better sleep, better fluid tolerance etc. But it lasted only a short while and im curious about why?

I guess my body is trying to tell me that "supplements" are not the answer...

opethfeldt

Can you give us a little background? Age, gender. Current diet. Things like that.

OP
B

brainfog

28, male. Well since i barely seem to tolerate fluids its very little fruit and milk. So starch of some sort and protein from animals/eggs.

OP
B

brainfog

I have tested TSH and free t3 and free t4 and those are in normal range.

tara

I have tested TSH and free t3 and free t4 and those are in normal range.
Which normal range?
Not being an expert, and without knowing your specific context, I speculate that something like this may theoretically happen for some of us from time to time:

We get run down because of multiple stresses and deficiencies, and our metabolisms adapt by down-regulating.
Then we try to recover by correcting some of those factors and/or supplementing hormones or using other stimulants to raise metabolism directly.
But raising metabolism increases demand for various nutrients, and if we don't manage to hit all of the factors at once, we can accidentally deepen some deficiencies while filling others, and get ourselves out of balance in other ways. And then our body may defend itself by down-regulating again to avoid further harm.

The only way I can think of to mitigate this risk, is to attend literally to Peat's advice about 'generous nutrition' on all fronts, and also get regular sunshine and sleep etc while embarking on recovery. Unless we can find more precise ways to assess which our personal critical deficiencies are, and make sure to thoroughly fill them.

Last edited:

Mufasa

What tara said, to keep metabolism up, you need adequate calories. More carbs more protein. More vitamins (liver, oysters, eggs). And optionally suppementing b vitamins and fat solubles (energin, estroban for example).

tara

What tara said, to keep metabolism up, you need adequate calories.
And as as you say, vitamins. Also all the necessary minerals, and appropriate levels of CO2 , O2, H2O, .... And quite possibly human connection, and sustaining intention - having something to get up and live for.

Well since i barely seem to tolerate fluids its very little fruit and milk. So starch of some sort and protein from animals/eggs.
For me, I seem to need to include in my daily diet in addition to covering carbohydrate (for me starch and sugars) and protein, some leafy greens and some foods that supply potassium - potatoes and oranges will do this better than rice for instance. I eat eggs and some meat, but without milk I figure I need to get calcium from somewhere.
Have you run a typical few days diet through cronometer or similar to see what you are getting and what you may be missing? (Ignore their restrictive calorie recommendations - they are not aimed at restoring metabolism.)

Have you got your gut moving at reasonable motility?

Broken man

Hello, I think it could be from some deficiency as Tara said. Try find foods that are easy digestable for you, you could do something like menu. Hit vitamins and macros like 100 g of protein, enough carbohydrates and some fat. If you will be okay with food, start with supplements. I think that somebody wrote that everything in human body works as some circle or loop so you need improve as much factors as you can. So when you use calcium, its good to use vitamin D3, K2 and magnesium with it. B vitamins for sugar metabolism. Vitamin E for estrogen control. For start, I think good diet, B vitamins (coffee,energin,brewer yeast), fat solubles ( liver) , salt, potassium, magnesium and calcium are the most important things. You could add taurine and glycine and its best to focus on liver health first with higher dose of vit. K2 and some caffeine. Measurement of temperature and heart rate is good sign of your metabolism.

OP
B

brainfog

Have you got your gut moving at reasonable motility?

Its fluctuate alot. Im pretty much bloated all the time.

I have a theory its my liver (or/and maybe my gut) not converting T4 to T3.

Im gonna talk to the doctor about taking a reverse T3 test.

Im sorry i havent replied sooner, but i have been extremly tired/fatigued and unmotivated to do anything. Thx for answers!

tara

Im gonna talk to the doctor about taking a reverse T3 test.
Whether or not you persuade your dr to test rT3, if you haven't already got the numbers for your other thyroid tests, I'd suggest getting them.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals