Oily Scalp And Body Odor

Carina

My scalp's been getting really oily for the past couple of weeks. I used to go 3-4 days without washing my hair, but now on the second day I wake up with oily hair.

I didn't use to have a problem with body odor and could go without deodorant smelling just fine. Now it seems more obvious, even washing it off with soap is a challenge. I can get out of the shower still smelling like BO.

Is there any vitamins that I need to increase my intake with? I've been getting more sunlight lately too. Would that be a contributing factor to this problem? I doubt it, but I'm open to suggestions.

ivy

@ Carina, while I can't offer any advice on body odour, these two issues might be related to hormonal fluctuation. Were there any changes to your cycle?

As for scalp, I would recommend using lukewarm or cold water and not using shampoo. The more you try to remove the sebum with aggressive cleaning agents, the more will be produced. I understand the social pressure against oily hair, but you would help your scalp in the long run by washing with apple cider vinegar or herbal concoctions. If you search shampoo you'll find valuable tips from other users, either suggesting safe(r) products or detailing their homemade alternatives.

OP
C

Carina

@ Carina, while I can't offer any advice on body odour, these two issues might be related to hormonal fluctuation. Were there any changes to your cycle?

As for scalp, I would recommend using lukewarm or cold water and not using shampoo. The more you try to remove the sebum with aggressive cleaning agents, the more will be produced. I understand the social pressure against oily hair, but you would help your scalp in the long run by washing with apple cider vinegar or herbal concoctions. If you search shampoo you'll find valuable tips from other users, either suggesting safe(r) products or detailing their homemade alternatives.

Well I use soap made of organic oils and I put coconut oil on my scalp to keep it from getting dried out, but I use the soap twice to make sure all of my natural oil and coconut oil has been removed, since I'm paranoid about having oily hair. I guess I'm being too aggressive and too paranoid. I stopped using shampoo months ago because my hair was getting dried out and a weird film on it. I'll see what tips other users have. Thank you!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals