Thyroid (t3) causes body odor change what is the cause? Should I stop?

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
Another update, so past 3 nights i've been giving regular NDT a try (1 grain) and so far no bad smell. Many years ago when I tried supplementing NDT I also did not get any odor issues but I had to stop because I got really bad adrenaline surges and heart palpitations. My stress hormones at the time were likely way to high which is what caused these issues. This time I've managed to mitigate these problems by supplementing with Cortnion+ or with 6-keto P4 this helps keep my cortisol low and since then I have not had any issues. I also continue to supplement with magnesium topically (magnoil).

Lets see how this goes. My theory is that NDT is a bit slower to be processed into T4 and T3 so the release into the body is slower compared to synthetic T3 and T4. I always take it at night after dinner before bed.

Neeters 27

Just an update from me. I think the Sulfur soap has definitely worked! Been using it nearly everyday and taking NDT and no body odour issues anymore.
I dont know how old you are or M or F, but as one ages and sex hormones dwindle, so does body odor change. I take 2.5 grains ndt in summer, 3 in winter usually. I also found weird BO, but once I started on HRT which I have been on 11 years now, I am back to normal. fyi I also take magnesium citrate 300 mgs and 3 grams taurine daily, plus potassium meq8 2x a day.

OP
Soren

Soren

Forum Supporter
I think I may have finally found the cause of the body odour issues and it is indirectly related to T3.

Recently I discovered that some of my armpit hair had a ginger colour to it. I thought nothing of it because I've got Irish blood and have always had a slightly ginger beard. But upon close examination these hairs were not in fact ginger but had a thin coating of a ginger substance.

Did a bit of googling and found that this is very likely caused by a benign bacteria called trichomycosis axillaris.

trichomycosis axillaris​

Apparently this bacteria "cause malodour due to the metabolisation of testosterone in sweat"

This makes sense because I have had the same bad odour effect when I supplement with Androsterone. Given how T3 and Androsterone both are big boosters of androgens this does seem to fit.

Treatment is apparently just to shave the hair and then maybe use an antibacterial topical.

So clean shaven armpits are in my future. I will report back if this works. Might even be able to supplement thyroid without the dreaded body odour change finally

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals