Hair Styling

[ moderator edit: posts moved from "...Doing it Every Day(soap) is an "Endocrine Disrupter..." | Ray Peat Forum ]

Can someone elaborate on the cleaning process when it is needed? Do you just rub dry baking soda on your scalp when you want a scrub? When do you use that as opposed to ACV? Do you just rub dry baking soda on in the shower to the body parts you want cleaned after a while of water only cleaning? I currently wait tables at a really nice place, so I need to at least smell "neutral". I currently use deodorant, and clean myself with a tea tree oil soap only in the "smelly" areas every so often. I try to avoid shampoo as much as possible, but have to make my hair look nice and use a pomade with all sorts of toxic sounding ingredients. With the deodorant y'all talked about, do I just slap some coco oil on and rub some baking soda on top of that? Any suggestions for a healthy "styling product" for hair maintenance?

Nighteyes

Any suggestions for a healthy "styling product" for hair maintenance?

I am bumping this question.. seems impossible to find. A lot of them contain castor oil or similar - this would absorb though the scalp yes? it is fair to assume all ingredients absorb somewhat?

Suggestions for homemade variety? Coconut oil makes for a greasy, kind of nasty look

M

marikay

I am bumping this question.. seems impossible to find. A lot of them contain castor oil or similar - this would absorb though the scalp yes? it is fair to assume all ingredients absorb somewhat?

Suggestions for homemade variety? Coconut oil makes for a greasy, kind of nasty look

Hi. I have found the pure olive oil (the refined/cheap kind) has no smell and is lighter than the coconut oil. I don't use it especially for styling, but it makes the ends of my hair a lot less dry looking. I'm sure it would be worth a try as a styling agent.

nikolabeacon

JLR : Journal of Lipid Research. Naturalesque oils in hair are best styling agents. Too Warm or hot water removes them.I rarely wash my hair But when i do I only use cold water. Fox shaving also If you shave every morning like I do... cold water Is best. It Is old Porfirie Ivanovich wisdom. It has also to do with el. Magnetic fields. After cold water hair levitates. I have at the top about 7-8 cm of hair and just one move up it stays like that. Also in winter when temperature Is in minus i never wash hair and it ALWAYS stays Up. And intense summer Sun and hot water does the opposite....

schultz

A friend of mine just started using gelatin in his hair as hair "gel". He was pretty happy with it and it looked good when I saw it. I haven't tried it yet myself.

zztr

Go with the surfer bum look. Put a little bit of epsom salt water in the hair. It styles like when you get out of the ocean and haven't taken a shower yet.

scarlettsmum

Honestly, this is taking it a bit too far for me. Basically there are two choices:
Using something edible on your hair with unsatisfactory results and stressing about the look of your hair constantly. Creates chronic stress
OR
Using what works and being happy with the result. Happy hormones, whatever they may be. Don't forget to wash your hands immediately upon application.

encerent

Honestly, this is taking it a bit too far for me. Basically there are two choices:
Using something edible on your hair with unsatisfactory results and stressing about the look of your hair constantly. Creates chronic stress
OR
Using what works and being happy with the result. Happy hormones, whatever they may be. Don't forget to wash your hands immediately upon application.

Well we're looking for a solution that does both: that looks good and is good for you.

This is probably too expensive but I've found by accident that a little of vitamin e (I use health natura's) is not greasy and looks great. I'll have to try gelatin one day and epsom salt water

nikolabeacon

OR
Honestly i disagree with you. This and every other aspect of life Is analoguous to food. For your first statement it is all about your own knowledge and self consciousness. If you are self consciousness and ALWAYS expand your knowledge in accordance to individual picture of world and faith . People have problem listening their own guides and limiting their choices because they have BELIEF rather than Faith or own selfconsciousness. And it is very stresfull. Difference is fundamental between the two. Because BELIEF is When someone else does the thinking. Having self consciousness and FAIT in your own World of knowledge you are the MASTer who does final thinking. Integrity Is self discipline to act upon the truth which you know in your heart as A love and truth And for second statement.https://thumb1.shutterstock.com/dis...of-bad-habits-isolated-on-white-357740363.jpg

scarlettsmum

Honestly i disagree with you. This and every other aspect of life Is analoguous to food. For your first statement it is all about your own knowledge and self consciousness. If you are self consciousness and ALWAYS expand your knowledge in accordance to individual picture of world and faith . People have problem listening their own guides and limiting their choices because they have BELIEF rather than Faith or own selfconsciousness. And it is very stresfull. Difference is fundamental between the two. Because BELIEF is When someone else does the thinking. Having self consciousness and FAIT in your own World of knowledge you are the MASTer who does final thinking. Integrity Is self discipline to act upon the truth which you know in your heart as A love and truth And for second statement.https://thumb1.shutterstock.com/dis...of-bad-habits-isolated-on-white-357740363.jpg
Nevermind.....

nikolabeacon

keep it natural my friends

Coincidentally I like so much When a girl smells like It should ...not one obssesed with " hygiene" ,make ups and parfumes. I found the Truth for myself .And instead of empty lurking and posting meaningless post i think It will be more stimulating to wrote something that can really make me think that i am so wrong. I will accept It If It is with effort and love.

x-ray peat

Coincidentally I like so much When a girl smells like It should ...not one obssesed with " hygiene" ,make ups and parfumes. I found the Truth for myself .And instead of empty lurking and posting meaningless post i think It will be more stimulating to wrote something that can really make me think that i am so wrong. I will accept It If It is with effort and love.
Please accept this with "effort and love," girls will be more apt to let you smell their natural essence if you stop taking everything so seriously. Humor is never meaningless :)

upload_2017-1-14_18-26-50.png

DaveFoster

I have more luck with girls when I put zero effort into my appearance and bathe very seldom. Call me crazy.

A clean hair-cut goes a long way, however. Kept, but not "done."

nikolabeacon

Please accept this with "effort and love," girls will be more apt to let you smell their natural essence if you stop taking everything so seriously. Humor is never meaningless :)

View attachment 4434
You probably think that because this is forum and somehow virtual. You think that It can' t have influnce so much on your energy. And i am very carefull When i talk with people whether It is On internrt or in front of me. Humor have great value. But not empty hi- hi , ha-ha humor. You dont recognize the difference because you are affraid or dont have capability to face with Truth . Think more about why west is about to go extinct in terms of population in all Its hygienics and feminine driven culture dislocated and empowered by explosion rather than Implosion.

x-ray peat

You probably think that because this is forum and somehow virtual. You think that It can' t have influnce so much on your energy. And i am very carefull When i talk with people whether It is On internrt or in front of me. Humor have great value. But not empty hi- hi , ha-ha humor. You dont recognize the difference because you are affraid or dont have capability to face with Truth . Think more about why west is about to go extinct in terms of population in all Its hygienics and feminine driven culture dislocated and empowered by explosion rather than Implosion.
So Something About Mary is the root cause of the downfall of Western Civilization? Now that is humorous. Talk about having a negative effect on other's energy :doh

nikolabeacon

So Something About Mary is the root cause of the downfall of Western Civilization? Now that is humorous. Talk about having a negative effect on other's energy :doh
You can be ignorant its your choice and you will maybe change someday If You open yourself a bit more. I am so sorry. Leave me in my stupidity.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals