No Shampoo and No Soap

Cloudhands

Oh poop I had two jars of that keto mayo and gave it away cause two weeks ago cause I wasn't using it. You're right it would make a good deep conditioner for hair!
No worries, they more then likely use the cheapest eggs available anyway which i prefer not to eat or soak on my scalp lol. Very convenient tho with rosemary extract

No worries, they more then likely use the cheapest eggs available anyway which i prefer not to eat or soak on my scalp lol. Very convenient tho with rosemary extract
I wish I liked that mayo, but you made me feel better about not liking it with the cheap eggs :D

Jon2547

I stopped using shampoo 3 years ago. I run a little vinegar thru my hair nowadays. I still use handsoap though. Anyone with a good natural replacement?

Cloudhands

I stopped using shampoo 3 years ago. I run a little vinegar thru my hair nowadays. I still use handsoap though. Anyone with a good natural replacement?
Replacement for handsoap? Even just rubbing alcohol is better, a tiny bit spreads really thin and it air dries. People may find me gross, but ive never really washed my hands lol, unless i directly touch something nasty, and its never done me any harm to my knowledge.

I wish I liked that mayo, but you made me feel better about not liking it with the cheap eggs :D
Yeah i dont think im a big fan of mayo in general. Since ive healed my thyroid im always so thirsty and thick fatty sour things like mayo just arent my taste.

Replacement for handsoap? Even just rubbing alcohol is better, a tiny bit spreads really thin and it air dries. People may find me gross, but ive never really washed my hands lol, unless i directly touch something nasty, and its never done me any harm to my knowledge.

Yeah i dont think im a big fan of mayo in general. Since ive healed my thyroid im always so thirsty and thick fatty sour things like mayo just arent my taste.
Mayo is so bad. I rarely use it anymore, except maybe sometimes when I am making sushi.

Jon2547

I don't wash my hands that often either. But neither did Jesus the Christ, Mark 7:2. So if not washing hands is good enough for Him, then its good enough for me.

Cloudhands

I don't wash my hands that often either. But neither did Jesus the Christ, Mark 7:2. So if not washing hands is good enough for Him, then its good enough for me.
You know youre an S-tier non-handwasher when youve got bible quotes ready to defend your soapless palms. But foreal, ive always hated washing my hands. Idk why. I just dont like the feeling of it

Ha! Now that was funny!
You know youre an S-tier non-handwasher when youve got bible quotes ready to defend your soapless palms. But foreal, ive always hated washing my hands. Idk why. I just dont like the feeling of it
I do so may dishes I need to be released from those dishwashing liquid demons! Do I hear an Amen? :D

Cloudhands

Ha! Now that was funny!
I do so may dishes I need to be released from those dishwashing liquid demons! Do I hear an Amen? :D
Yeah thats something i deal with too. Ive always thought about looking for non allergenic rubber gloves, maybe silicone.

I have used the rubber gloves and they are drying. Slather on a little coconut oil and make it a hand treatment? I have done that with cotton gloves at night.

Eberhardt

No shampoo and no soap for almost a year now. I use urine as balsam about every two weeks. No problems. My odour is not strong. Some days I take more time really rinsing the hairy areas. I have been "sniff-tested" and so far no problems. In about 3 months my hair got sticky and a bit heavy but applying urine and letting it sit for 10 min and then rince took care of it.

Note- it might also help with androgens as it will increase vitamin D levels as even the endogenous one can be washed of, at least partly, after sun exposure. According to Peat also the cholesterol is cleaned of by emulsifiers in soap, which is why he suggests lanolin as skin conditioner in aging people to keep D and cholesterol up. Btw I think bodyodour is a sign of various healthissues. Healthy, fresh cloathing and water is it. Also I should say one can give oneself a good scrubbing down also sometimes. It helps lymphflow and works a pealing. (Soap isnt antibacterial it just dissolves fats)

Inaut

I’ve started doing boar bristle brushing before showering (no shampoo or soap in my hair for over a week) and my hair is pretty clean. I am surprised because my hair is fine and typically gets oily very quickly. Whoever suggested this, thank you :) Also, haven’t used soap in the shower for a couple of weeks. Skin is much better and I feel clean. Just my 2c

Nebula

I tried egg yolk mixed with a little water for the first time as shampoo today. While still in the shower I first though it wasn’t working. I thought my hair felt a little greasy still. But as it started to dry it wasn’t greasy at all. It looked like I had used some expensive shampoo and conditioner. I’m impressed. It hardly took longer than a normal shampoo lather either.

I’ve been doing no soap for about five months. I’ve found it very easy to stay feeling clean and perfect levels of skin oils if I eat only high quality saturated fats and do a steam room session about three times per week. I’ve also been spraying on Epsom salt before going in. I think it might help with exfoliation and removing excess skin oils. Occasionally I also do a body wash with dissolved aspirin and diluted vinegar and also put it on my scalp. This completely cleared up my seborrheic dermatitis, probably through removing biofilm that fungal colonies were forming an overgrowth on.

I’ve tried using different combinations of tallow, lanolin, and mct oil but I don’t find them necessary and overall inferior to the natural sebum I produce through the fats I eat and distribute perfectly if I sweat and do a steam room session regularly.

So overall I’ve found no soap and shampoo very doable and my scalp and skin have greatly benefited. There’s just no reason to strip your skin lipid layers if your diet is good. Steam and egg yolks are very good at keeping things optimal when necessary.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals