Can’t Get Rid Of Body Odor

OP
M

Meathead

Quick update: gf says they smell like sweat. I’m not sweating at all. Anyone know the reason behind this? I’ve been using rubbing alcohol works for a little then comes back. Deodorant with coconut oil as the base def doesn’t work.

Steed

High dose caffeine without getting a stress response (clean the liver) fot a couple of months. Get up to 1000mg/day and do that for two weeks. This takes time to build up to, the worse liver function, the longer it takes. Also, use high dose vitamin K daily, this is very effective for BO.

MrGilbert

Try Lemon (e.g. squeeze yourself a juice & rub the remainder from the fruit on your arm pits)

Soren

Forum Supporter
Anyone notice a change of body odour when they started supplementing thyroid?

My body odour has definitely changed since I started again. I wouldn't say it smells bad or foul it just smells stronger.

IVILA

Hi, I’m a new member here and appreciate Ray Peat. I eat a high sat fat, high protein, sugar, and carbs. I’ve noticed for a long time now I have BO under my arms and it doesn’t smell great...

Anytime I take shilajit, activated charcoal, or deodorant with coconut oil in it I feel it gets worse...when I sweat in the sauna I notice some dark colors meaning some sort of heavy metals or something has accumulated in my body. Just wanna get rid of the stink and metals if that’s the case.

Any suggestions?
yeah its a detox mechanism... use chlorophyll for extra support

JamesGatz

I would recommend eating pineapple. On days I don't eat pineapple I start smelling like sh*t and feel like my digestion just slows down midday. I have a feeling with either excess fat or protein the liver can't process fast enough and pushes stuff out through the skin and pits - pineapple's enzymes are a God-send for neutralizing digestive troubles - this is my experience. Out of anything I've eaten that was by far what helped the most and boosted my mood immensely too - I smell like this sweet/fruity smell after eating it it's interesting. Do make sure the pineapple is ripe though - so damn hard to find ripe pineapple in the US, but I see this pineapple I think by Dole labeled "Honey Glow" - sh*t tastes awesome and is way closer to being ripe than the other green unripe pineapples I see in stores

Last edited:
L

Lord Cola

If you don't eat enough salt with fruit juice it can cause your sweat to smell bad.

golder

I would suggest eating pineapple. On days I don't eat pineapple I start smelling like sh*t and feel like my digestion just slows down midday. I have a feeling with either excess fat or protein the liver can't process fast enough and pushes it out through the skin and pits - those are my thoughts. Out of anything I've eaten that was by far what helped the most and boosted my mood immensely too - I smell like this sweet/fruity smell after eating it it's interesting
This is interesting, thanks for putting this up I’m going to try it. I’ve noticed my skin smells a lot when I eat lots of fats/protein. I’m going to lower the portions and add pineapple. Do you have some with each meal or how do you tend to work it?

JamesGatz

This is interesting, thanks for putting this up I’m going to try it. I’ve noticed my skin smells a lot when I eat lots of fats/protein. I’m going to lower the portions and add pineapple. Do you have some with each meal or how do you tend to work it?
Yep. After each meal I'll get a few pieces (It does a good job of cleaning up my intestines' and giving me bowel movements so after each meal it keeps things moving) but my digestion feels really clean on it - Whenever I start to smell bad I start to feel like trash too so I do feel like it's a real problem that should be solved and not masked, it's a tad bit hard on the stomach though - whenever I eat something hard on the stomach I get a tad bit depressed - I would recommend chasing it with something - I chase it with a little bit of Mexican coke after each meal - the result is good smell, crazy relaxed good mood all day, and very, very clean digestion

JamesGatz

I would recommend eating pineapple. On days I don't eat pineapple I start smelling like sh*t and feel like my digestion just slows down midday. I have a feeling with either excess fat or protein the liver can't process fast enough and pushes stuff out through the skin and pits - pineapple's enzymes are a God-send for neutralizing digestive troubles - this is my experience. Out of anything I've eaten that was by far what helped the most and boosted my mood immensely too - I smell like this sweet/fruity smell after eating it it's interesting. Do make sure the pineapple is ripe though - so damn hard to find ripe pineapple in the US, but I see this pineapple I think by Dole labeled "Honey Glow" - sh*t tastes awesome and is way closer to being ripe than the other green unripe pineapples I see in stores
After doing more experimentation I'm learning the worse my liver function the worse I smell. Been using lower fat intake with higher protein, NO alcohol, with higher coffee and red bull intake (mainly cause of taurine) - Going to start taking taurine with my coffee every day - absolutely no smell whatsoever or liver pain anymore - I'm convinced this is an issue that has to do 100% with the liver and should be addressed as such.

JamesGatz

Another thing that I wanted to contribute is this:

Strong/Artificial Light and Strong EMF will make me smell REALLY bad (stress smell?)

If I stay the whole day in my house and eat I don't stink,
If I walk around my neighborhood in the morning for a few hours and come back to my house I still won't stink,
If I walk into work and stay in a room with the lights off and TV off I still won't stink

BUT

As soon as someone turns on the Light in that room or the flatscreen TV in that room - I start to get stressed and stink IMMEDIATELY under my pits and it's definitely not in my head - as soon as I remove myself from the space and eat things to lower stress - the smell IMMEDIATELY goes away even if the sweat is still there.

This morning I walked into a store inside a mall with infrared light installed all over the ceiling. As soon as I stepped into the vicinity my temps shot up, I felt stressed and began to stink REALLY bad - I hadn't even eaten anything that day and I had showered the night before so I know for sure it wasn't any food/drink.

Sounds nuts believe me I know, but perform the experiment yourself. Monitor the way you smell at home using safe lightbulbs and/or no artificial light and then monitor the way you smell as soon as you stand in front of a flatscreen TV for 5 minutes or stand underneath an LED light for 2 minutes - you will most certainly feel some type of stress and stink start to arise.

Makes me want to get a remote job the rest of my life

Borz

Forum Supporter
See if women (interested in men) detect the same foul odor. If they do not, it's likely related to androgens. If they do, maybe you're estrogenic or experiencing stress reactions? Does it smell like bromide? Magnesium is the body's natural deodorizer and magnesium oil spray can be used as a deodorant.

Are you giving yourself nutrient deficiencies? Fat-solubles? IIRC, vitamin A was associated with odor in some way. Also, high saturated fats assumes lower fat (<30%) overall.
I found your response very interesting. I get terrible foul odor in my armpits (generally left side more) whenever I take exemestane OR eat white button mushrooms, literally the same odor, that I never had before. What do you think this might mean? I was guessing it’s related to estrogen but what’s the mechanism exactly? I’ve been using exemestane for a few months now and the odor is still there, if I stop exemestane it mostly goes away. And also deodorants doesn’t really help this odor, which tells me it’s not bacteria related. I will get a woman’s opinion about it too.

Also, how come you say if women do not detect it, it’s related to androgens, if they do, it’s estrogen related. Shouldn’t it be the opposite?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals