Novel Approach Brings New Insights Into ME/CFS Mitochondria

aliml

Novel Approach Brings New Insights Into ME/CFS Mitochondria - Health Rising

Wonder if anyone had interest in reading and sharing a short summary of what was found.
This study is the last of several which have suggested that the fuel utilization by the mitochondria has shifted dramatically in ME/CFS. Instead of glucose, fatty acids, in particular, but also amino acids (BCAAs), are being preferentially broken down to provide fuel.
Of course, this study is not the last of several which have suggested that chronic diseases are associated with increased fatty acid oxidation.
The authors did not recommend any treatment, but restoring glucose metabolism or inhibiting fatty acid oxidation may help treat ME/CFS.

OP
W

Wendy B

Of course, this study is not the last of several which have suggested that chronic diseases are associated with increased fatty acid oxidation.
The authors did not recommend any treatment, but restoring glucose metabolism or inhibiting fatty acid oxidation may help treat ME/CFS.
Thank you. I will try to read your link. So it sounds like they are observing a faulty metabolism but not understanding why it's happening. I'm not convinvced cfs/lyme is entirely caused by a poor metabolism in need of the right fuel. I did Peat program for two years with very little change and actually got worse esp after antibiotics. I wish a Peat perspective were a cure-all.

NanMitch

Thank you. I will try to read your link. So it sounds like they are observing a faulty metabolism but not understanding why it's happening. I'm not convinvced cfs/lyme is entirely caused by a poor metabolism in need of the right fuel. I did Peat program for two years with very little change and actually got worse esp after antibiotics. I wish a Peat perspective were a cure-all.

NanMitch

Did u get a Peat perspective directly from him? I did with some of my post covid symptoms and it was very different and individualized for me. His holistic approach will not be the same for everyone. Sadly there are people on the internet giving out medical advice without the education or the lab time he put in. They use his name and invite him on their shows to make money. Go to the source. Tell him what hasn’t worked for you. He’s an intelligent, educated and helpful person.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals