Nootropics - Trying Different Ones

Frankdee20

Most Nootropics focus around the interaction of acetylcholine. It has been proported that deficits of this transmitter slow brain processing speed. This may have merit, but I find any supplementation with choline enhancers dulls the senses, and induces Depressions.

baccheion

Most Nootropics focus around the interaction of acetylcholine. It has been proported that deficits of this transmitter slow brain processing speed. This may have merit, but I find any supplementation with choline enhancers dulls the senses, and induces Depressions.
These are side effects of excess acetylcholine. Not everyone needs choline precursors with nootropics.

Frankdee20

These are side effects of excess acetylcholine. Not everyone needs choline precursors with nootropics.

Yeah, but some like Huperzine, seem to enhance already circulating choline. Some inhibit acetylcholinesterase.

bluefish

I was taking ciltep for a while but for some reason stopped the last few months...
I am interested in piracetam, but havent tried yet. What is good brand to use?

I feel like my general health has just been improving, as my diet has improved, but idk why... seems like mental clarity is a bit stunted, maybe Im just noticing it more?? recalling specific words sometimes, or idk, just seems outside my grasp more often now than before... so, interested in nootropics in general, but now I would like to increase my mental clarity...

Id love to have a boost in clarity, focus, drive etc.

baccheion

I was taking ciltep for a while but for some reason stopped the last few months...
I am interested in piracetam, but havent tried yet. What is good brand to use?

I feel like my general health has just been improving, as my diet has improved, but idk why... seems like mental clarity is a bit stunted, maybe Im just noticing it more?? recalling specific words sometimes, or idk, just seems outside my grasp more often now than before... so, interested in nootropics in general, but now I would like to increase my mental clarity...

Id love to have a boost in clarity, focus, drive etc.
Piracetam is good, but why not noopept (+ alpha-GPC) instead? SEMAX + selank (+ alpha-GPC) is even better as a general purpose stack, as SEMAX is like a cleaner/premium version of noopept.

bluefish

Piracetam is good, but why not noopept (+ alpha-GPC) instead? SEMAX + selank (+ alpha-GPC) is even better as a general purpose stack, as SEMAX is like a cleaner/premium version of noopept.

ok, to be clear... you are suggesting stacking a few things or just noopept?

or a stack of:
SEMAX
selank
(+ alpha-GPC)

or do you mean:
noopept
(+ alpha-GPC)

sorry, I feel like a retard not understanding... :) I literally have no knowledge of any of these things....

baccheion

ok, to be clear... you are suggesting stacking a few things or just noopept?

or a stack of:
SEMAX
selank
(+ alpha-GPC)

or do you mean:
noopept
(+ alpha-GPC)

sorry, I feel like a retard not understanding... :) I literally have no knowledge of any of these things....
One stack is noopept + alpha-GPC. A better one is SEMAX + selank + alpha-GPC. There's also p21/cerebrolysin to cycle/alternate with SEMAX + selank + alpha-GPC every 4 weeks.

bluefish

Hey thanks for clarifying... :)
ok... and whats the dose and timing etc? maybe there is a thread here or somewhere else shedding light one these?

Im up for giving them a try...

so you using these stacks now? any thoughts on how its improved your life, mind, thinking etc?

baccheion

Hey thanks for clarifying... :)
ok... and whats the dose and timing etc? maybe there is a thread here or somewhere else shedding light one these?

Im up for giving them a try...

so you using these stacks now? any thoughts on how its improved your life, mind, thinking etc?
I used them for a while. I'm doing something else now.

They increased motivation for a few hours. Selank was relaxing in my case. Increased fluidity. These stacks don't work for everyone. Better to try them. SEMAX, selank, and p21/cerebrolysin are among the strongest general purpose nootropics.

You'd take SEMAX + selank (+ alpha-GPC) 5 days/week for 4 weeks, then switch to another non-overlapping/complementary nootropic stack for the other 4 weeks. If there isn't a stack, take nothing. Cerebrolysin is done 5 days/week for 4 weeks. After, there's an 8-week break before starting again.

lampofred

Dr. Peat has recommended piracetam in his newsletters.

YamnayaMommy

Huperzine and Galantamine are keepers.
Dear @ecstatichamster, do you still use and like these? Have you commented on your nootropics use elsewhere?

I am trying to wrap up a massive writing project. A doctoral dissertation. Which I also need to defend soon. I’m working in a very bad condition—mothering three little kids and sleeping poorly—and am just unable to think and write at the level I need to.

I use caffeine and nicotine (lozenges) currently while writing, and these are helpful. but am interested in alternatives since I can’t do caffeine at night and nicotine lozenges sometimes upset my stomach.

I can vouch for intranasal insulin.

OP
ecstatichamster
I think galantamine and huperizine are very useful and I still use them occasionally

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals