Nootropics - Trying Different Ones

Huperizine 200mcg to 400mcg seems to work very well. It's the best I've found so far. I don't feel any pharma effects, just greater brain fluency and ability.

Also been trying uridine monophosphate and that seems to work as well, but a bit more subtle. I tried both together and felt a very good mental clarity as I think they added to each other.

What are your experiences?

RisingSun

Soy lecithin makes my brain think at least 3 times faster, probably the phosphatydilcholine content.

Inrerestingly Sunflower lecithin has exactly the same PC content, but I feel nothing from it.

Only downside from soy lecithin is my muscles cramp a lot

Tried very much stuff.

Best option for me are high dose piracetam.
4,8g every 5-6 hours

On empty stomach + wait to eat after it around 45min.

Very cheap + safe because its one of the oldest nootropics.

Many people report that they dont get something out of it.
But beside of nonresponders i think theres also a big amount of people who take it wrong. ( Too less, eating after they took it etc.)

For me it feels a little bit like cocaine, but much sharper and clearer.
Cocaine because of the confident feeling you get.
Seems like the brain reacts faster on it.

No strange thoughts on it.
No real crash.
No anxiety.

If you take to much u can get bad headache or get a little bit hypermaniac.

Segiline seems also have potential.
Also Semax and Selank.

I tried Huperzine def felt something, but Piracetam is far superior for me.

Modafinil def also works, but i dont like the jittery feeling.

baccheion

Soy lecithin makes my brain think at least 3 times faster, probably the phosphatydilcholine content.

Inrerestingly Sunflower lecithin has exactly the same PC content, but I feel nothing from it.

Only downside from soy lecithin is my muscles cramp a lot
What about alpha-GPC?

Wolf

Wise decision
I've used sunflower lecithin as an emulsifier for years now. It tends to not be absorbed on the skin while everything else slowly gets absorbed.
Too much lecithin triggers extreme headaches and muscle spasms for me

OP
ecstatichamster
if you are here, you probably should realize Dr. Peat's explanations on the harm of PUFA fats and in that case, I doubt you would be using lecithin.

PandaPower

Tried very much stuff.

Best option for me are high dose piracetam.
4,8g every 5-6 hours

On empty stomach + wait to eat after it around 45min.

Very cheap + safe because its one of the oldest nootropics.

Many people report that they dont get something out of it.
But beside of nonresponders i think theres also a big amount of people who take it wrong. ( Too less, eating after they took it etc.)

For me it feels a little bit like cocaine, but much sharper and clearer.
Cocaine because of the confident feeling you get.
Seems like the brain reacts faster on it.

No strange thoughts on it.
No real crash.
No anxiety.

If you take to much u can get bad headache or get a little bit hypermaniac.

I don't notice any effect from piracetam. I may try your protocol of big dose every 6hrs

I don't notice any effect from piracetam. I may try your protocol of big dose every 6hrs

Take it first thing in the morning best option on empty stomach or with water and a serving protein powder.

Then wait with eating until you have the feeling that Piracetam works.

If its not working around something about an hour. Take a meal rich of protein.

Also drink enough water.

For me its really improving my life.
Brings me to get stuff done, sharpens my focus, makes me somekind of confident.

Theres a theorie that nonresponding can also have something to do with aldosterone levels.

Check google for that,also topics on on longecity.

Protein meals recommended because of the cholin source.

Keep me updated if u get it working

OP
ecstatichamster
stacking
huperizine
uridimine

and galantamine now...

very good effects. Lasting all day. Galantamine interfered with my sleep but maybe it is just a matter of adaptation. It is classically used for lucid dreaming and maybe I did sleep well and wasn't aware of it.

LucidElysian

-Caffeine + theanine is quite good, though it's better to cycle off. Taking theanine on and off for years, I don't really notice any GABAergic effects any more.

-Bromantane is great, needs 100mg+ for any effects. A nonconventional, anxiolytic (anti-anxiety) stimulant, very pro-dopamine as it inhibits tyrosine hydroxylase, but you don't get the unwanted adrenaline that comes with supplementing tyrosine. Good ergogenic and very pro-social, almost recreational.

-Phenylpiracetam is a very clean-feeling stim - more so than caffeine. Another unconventional anxiolytic stim, and a favourite in the Nootropic community. Pretty dopaminergic but feels good. Speeds up reactions, improves memory etc., and like bromantane increases adaptation to extreme temperatures. Is cardioprotective but increases nitric oxide, so it's perfect to stack with adderall or ritalin for extreme focus. I didn't notice much tolerance buildup with daily dosing for weeks but YMMV.
-Noopept is also good for studying but redosing every 4hrs is cumbersome. Get the nasal spray as it tastes like wet socks.

-Selank is serotonergic so it's conditional. Energising as in eradication of brain fog (brain oxygenation + 800% BDNF boost), doesn't affect sleep at all and it's impossible to wake feeling groggy if you inject EOD. I didn't mind injecting it, but alone it gave antisocial effects and irritability, as well as reduced libido (opposite of cyproheptadine IME).
Could be great with cypro/metergoline and caffeine etc.

milkboi

Modafinil messes me up nowadays... My body temperature shoots down, estrogenic and histamine symptoms, depression, insomnia. It also leads to me overexerting myself, I assume because it signals to the brain there are good energy reserves even though that doesn't have to be true. In my case it is not true for sure. :oldman:

Seleginine was great at first, big motivation boost, energy levels finally felt normal, great mood, but it also eventually lead to overexertion and depression.

I might revisit nootropics when I'm healed, but for now the short-term boost in productivity isn't worth the long-term negative health consequences. And I feel like even when healthy it might be better to let the body decide when it ramps up brain function.

baccheion

Modafinil messes me up nowadays... My body temperature shoots down, estrogenic and histamine symptoms, depression, insomnia. It also leads to me overexerting myself, I assume because it signals to the brain there are good energy reserves even though that doesn't have to be true. In my case it is not true for sure. :oldman:

Seleginine was great at first, big motivation boost, energy levels finally felt normal, great mood, but it also eventually lead to overexertion and depression.

I might revisit nootropics when I'm healed, but for now the short-term boost in productivity isn't worth the long-term negative health consequences. And I feel like even when healthy it might be better to let the body decide when it ramps up brain function.
Sounds like selegiline was being taken more than 2x/week. Tolerance builds.

milkboi

Sounds like selegiline was being taken more than 2x/week. Tolerance builds.

No, I took 5mg once per week with a meal. But I combined it with other dopaminergic substances, so you are probably right about the tolerance. I might just keep taking it once in a while, so dopamine baseline stays high, but not too high, so downregulation doesn't occur.