Nootropics - Trying Different Ones

milkboi

I think I might try Piracetam in high doses, Noopept, Semax in the next months to see if they improve study efficiency and cognitive capacity.

It would be a dream come true to get improved recall and/or to be able to study a few more hours per day (in a sustainable manner).

accelerator

Tried very much stuff.

Best option for me are high dose piracetam.
4,8g every 5-6 hours

On empty stomach + wait to eat after it around 45min.

Very cheap + safe because its one of the oldest nootropics.

Many people report that they dont get something out of it.
But beside of nonresponders i think theres also a big amount of people who take it wrong. ( Too less, eating after they took it etc.)

For me it feels a little bit like cocaine, but much sharper and clearer.
Cocaine because of the confident feeling you get.
Seems like the brain reacts faster on it.

No strange thoughts on it.
No real crash.
No anxiety.

If you take to much u can get bad headache or get a little bit hypermaniac.

Segiline seems also have potential.
Also Semax and Selank.

I tried Huperzine def felt something, but Piracetam is far superior for me.

Modafinil def also works, but i dont like the jittery feeling.

Where do you get it from?

Vinny

Where do you get it from?
A very good nootropic vendor is neopharmacies.com

If something isn't listed, write an email. Ships worldwide

Vinny

Thanks! Have you used their piracetam?
Not yet. But I know for sure this vendor is doing EVERYTHING possible to offer only the best quality stuff.
Check their trust pilot score

Cloudhands

Huperzine and Galantamine are keepers.
What effects are galantamine supposed to have? Like how does it effect which neurotransmitters etc? Im interested in using for lucid dreaming purposes but im afraid of it messing with acetylcholine or seritonin in a bad way or something

Grapelander

DMSO
One of DMSO’s most significant features is its ability to combine with other therapeutic substances, but after 1965, research in DMSO needed a freer atmosphere than that in the U.S. Nicolas Weinstein, PhD in chemistry and a pharmaceutical chemist by training, owned the Laboratorios Recalcine, the largest independent pharmaceutical company in Santiago, Chile. Intrigued by Stanley Jacob’s 1965 article in the JAMA, he acquired some DMSO and began testing in rats and other animals. Confirming Jacob’s findings, he tested DMSO in humans. When the Winter Olympics were held in Portillo (Chile), a woman skier recovered overnight from a twisted knee and sprained wrist with Dr. Weinstein’s DMSO spray. The next day, she won a gold medal. In 1971, Weinstein visited New York, told Pat McGrady what he had accomplished, and the following is excerpted from McGrady’s book.

Combining antibiotics and antivirals with DMSO, Weinstein amazed veterinarians by curing hoof and mouth disease (aftosa). With his combinations he saw shingles, asthma, peritonitis, and burn wounds heal rapidly.

Born in 1901, he was especially interested in working with the aging:

- Putting DMSO together with the amino acids GABA, GABOB, acetylglutamine, acetylcholine, and the memory enhancer centrophenoxine, he formulated a product called Merinex. @haidut - this guy is your doppelganger :):

- In another called P-92, he combined DMSO with magnesium pemoline.
- In one called lpran, DMSO was combined with procaine, which Romanian Dr. Ana
Asian made famous for combating senility. Gerovital GH-3

Treating 84 elderly men and women suffering from various psychological problems with Dr. Weinstein’s products, Dr. Gustavo Muinzaga, professor of neurology at the University of Chile, reported that 95% showed favorable responses. Other neurologists found that lpran produced benefits in 75 out of 100 senile persons with cerebrovascular diseases, and helped people recover from strokes faster. In another study, neurologists treated 7O men and women with anxiety and depressive neuroses and intellectual deterioration. Weinstein told McGrady, “More than one half with various neuroses enjoyed excellent responses to Merinex... Those with neuroses lost their anxiety, irritability, and aggressiveness’.

Last edited:

Grapelander

The effect of a low dose of piracetam on the activity of the dopaminergic system in the rat striatum
Piracetam in a dose of 100 mg/kg increased the DA level and decreased the 5-HT level in the striatum.

The striatum is a critical component of the motor and reward systems; receives glutamatergic and dopaminergic inputs from different sources; and serves as the primary input to the rest of the basal ganglia. Functionally, the striatum coordinates multiple aspects of cognition, including both motor and action planning, decision-making, motivation, reinforcement, and reward perception.

bluefish

The effect of a low dose of piracetam on the activity of the dopaminergic system in the rat striatum
Piracetam in a dose of 100 mg/kg increased the DA level and decreased the 5-HT level in the striatum.

The striatum is a critical component of the motor and reward systems; receives glutamatergic and dopaminergic inputs from different sources; and serves as the primary input to the rest of the basal ganglia. Functionally, the striatum coordinates multiple aspects of cognition, including both motor and action planning, decision-making, motivation, reinforcement, and reward perception.
How much for human? I’d like to try it.

AlaskaJono

Years ago I had some success with phospatidyl choline. Combined with caffeine from coffee or green tea. Also balanced with some physical activity, this is vital too.

AlaskaJono

Memory enhancement. It is not a strong effect as I did not notice Huge effects, Not like folks above described Piracetum, but I do think it was helpful in shortening my time allotted for studying and memorizing. I haven't taken it for 25-30 years now. But I also have a good memory in general. I am confident that if one is super interested and curious about a subject, passionate to some degree, then remembering the main points of what you study is always possible.

Grapelander

How much for human? I’d like to try it.
The dose in the study seemed high to me - almost 7 grams per day for 150 lb person.
It is safe to take that much.
Most are taking 1.5 grams - 1 to 3 times a day.
Tastes bad - but that goes away fast. (I use powder w/juice).
Seems like it would upset the stomach; but it absorbs very fast.
In my experience it is helpful in learning environments.

1. Improves Memory
  2. Enhances Cognitive Function
  3. Neuroprotective and Prevents Neurodegeneration
  4. Increases Self-Awareness and Promotes Clarity of Thought
  5. Reduces Anxiety, Stress, and Eases Depression
  6. Improves Verbal Learning and Fluency in Dyslexics
  7. Helps with Schizophrenia

Last edited:

Grapelander

phenylpiracetam

bluefish

The dose in the study seemed high to me - almost 7 grams per day for 150 lb person.
It is safe to take that much.
Most are taking 1.5 grams - 1 to 3 times a day.
Tastes bad - but that goes away fast. (I use powder w/juice).
Seems like it would upset the stomach; but it absorbs very fast.
In my experience it is helpful in learning environments.

1. Improves Memory
  2. Enhances Cognitive Function
  3. Neuroprotective and Prevents Neurodegeneration
  4. Increases Self-Awareness and Promotes Clarity of Thought
  5. Reduces Anxiety, Stress, and Eases Depression
  6. Improves Verbal Learning and Fluency in Dyslexics
  7. Helps with Schizophrenia
Thanks. Really appreciate this.
I’ll do a bit more research but seems worth a shot.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals