Need Help Desperate: Need To Force Bowel Movement. Serious Constipation

Rafe

Learn to love the enema. They are underrated. Transform the ick factor into instructive self-knowledge. You might almost feel like an enlightened being when arising from evacuation after that. I'm afraid I'm not really kidding here. With Ray Peat's emphasis on endotoxin and an inflamed intestine/colon I'm surprised I haven't read him suggesting them more. I've only read one place where he said that an enema instantly relieves rosacea symptoms.

It's simple [get a set-up and learn how to use it], and then use a mild saline and room temp water. Then draw a happy face on the bag with a sharpie and hang it from your shower rod. The store-bought bottles are ineffective and nothing compared to a quart of cool saline [not cold] admitted [and evacuated] in moderate doses until you get used to it. [I think the concern with milk alkali is real and saving the bicarbonate soda sounds wise.] Take your time when you have a bathroom to yourself. Strip naked and put a couple of towels on the bathroom floor. I've never done coffee, so I can't say. But just having this as a technique that you are familiar with broadens your inventory of solutions, and pre-empts anxiety that is probably caused by constipation while you are learning how to balance lowering serotonin, eating, and using cascara.

Besides, the colon energy sensation is much more like an enema than spasm-ing from serotonin. I guess some people would want to smoke a cigarette after that.

tara

What about soaking plums, prunes in water overnight?
Yum.
Also kiwifruit have been a lifesaver for me a couple of times. But I suspect they both work partly because of high serotonin, as well as the fibre. So methods that reduce inflammation and/or improve gut energy may be preferred.

papaya

the salt water flush really works and fast!it's from the master cleanse which i haven't done it in a very long time, i had actually forgotten about it until i saw this post. it's 2tsp of non iodized sea salt in 1 liter of warm water on an empty stomach. i think i might start doing this on a weekly basis now. i do remember hearing something bad about it tho but i can't remember what it was.

OP
mayweatherking
Things that provide a laxative effect/give me diarrhea:

1mg+ methylene blue
5g+ taurine
2g + charcoal
1tsp salt in 500ml very warm water

In the past, taking a 25mcg T3 tab would completely evacuate my intestines, but if you fool around with T3 and your natural thyroid production is suppressed, you will experience more constipation.

Clostridium species secrete neurotoxins which effectively halt peristalsis. Vitamin B12 deficiency can lead to gastroparesis.

im microdosing t3 with meals actually, but its not quite there. i started taking cascara sagada but i haven't noticed anything, i took one a couple of hours ago, but it didnt really do anything.

i had a breakthrough though, it seems when i added coffee to my regimen, it really pumped me up, i was missing coffee before i think. it gave me INSANE hunger. like literal hunger pains like i felt like i needed to eat or a hole would burn in the pit of my stomach. so i have been chowing down on food like a crazy man due to the high thyroid i'm taking i think. i don't really notice the itching anymore on my hair, but the hair keeps falling out which SUCKS.. but maybe it is moving in the right direction now?

i hope the sacaara will work, i see all your other posts guys, i am going to do everything i can

OP
mayweatherking
i believe T4 has the greatest effect on me. i noticed today before i took t3, my estrogen was very high. i could tell because i basically felt the emotions of a girl, like i wanted to just makeout with a girl and not have sex and be in love and thinking of past relationships and all this and not really horny. and my hair was itchy as well. then i took wp throid with a lot of vitamin A (a lot, 100k) with d and k2, then my libido exploded for a good like hour, then it went down again, but i didnt feel this emotional way really. this is like an insane roller coaster.. i ahve to wait until next week to get more blood work.. i really hope my cholesterol didnt shoot down too much.......

on the libido explosion i basically hit up every single girl in my snapchat or past numbers i've gotten lol... good times. but yeah it went back down again unfortuantely.

i just want the hair itching to stop, im pretty sure it will once my bowels get cleared out completely.................

Greenie

Have you tried vinegar rinse on your scalp ? or Solban from Idealabs? I've been dealing with dandruff/itchy scalp/shedding/SD and spraying Solban has really helped between washes.

tara

im microdosing t3 with meals actually, but its not quite there. i started taking cascara sagada but i haven't noticed anything, i took one a couple of hours ago, but it didnt really do anything.
When I use cascara sagrada I notice the effects the next day, not in two hours.

i was missing coffee before i think. it gave me INSANE hunger.
Hope you are eating to keep up with this. :)

SarahBeara

No, they don't constipate as far as I know. It is he calcium that can cause constipation in some people since it excites the intestinal cells.

That's really interesting you say that haidut, as I have been constipated for around 6 months (nothing too severe but noticeable nonetheless - rarely need to resort to anything more than gentle supplementation to resolve it). It started when I upped my cheese intake.

I have started taking Kuinone, your K2 product for my teeth and the constipation has been gone for one week now. Leaning a little bit toward loose stools but nothing dramatic.

I wonder does K2 stop calcium getting to the intestines by shuttling it instead to where it's supposed to go?

Parsifal

Maybe constipation comes from a lack of butyrate and fibers/starches to push it in the absence of serotonin?

Vita3

Again organic prunes soaked, drinking liquied as well - on empty stomach

Honey in water - on empty stomach

Maybe raw banana?

Good luck!

Removing gluten has been a game changer for me...cured a lifetime of constipation problems! Also removing alot of fiber from my diet has helped. Now if I don't go when I wake up, just a sip or two of water usually does the trick. I have also found these all to be very effective...
1. Simple vagal nerve exercise ...roll tip of tongue around outside gums up to 20 times, stretching it.
2. Rub inside of upper arm (bicep) firmly.
3. Magnesium oil
4. A few sips of kombucha
5. A little L-Ornithine. Great for sleep and removes ammonia too.

What I found really destroyed my BMs was drinking aloe vera. Seemed to just disable that muscle.

Last edited:

Tawnya

Coffee enema is the first thing because it will immediately relieve you .mi use a tea called smooth move works! Take it when u don't have to go anywhere to gage how long it takes to work for you. I drink on empty stomach and usually will take effect 4-6 hrs later. There is cramping so be aware. You can mess with dose steep longer for stronger effect. I deal with chronic constipation too. I'm going to be try triphalia it's a herb

Blossom

Forum Supporter
mi use a tea called smooth move works!
This one Tawnya?
Smooth Move®

• ABOUT
  • INGREDIENTS
  • Medicinal ingredients: Each tea bag (2.0 g) contains: organic senna leaf (Senna alexandrina) 1,080 mg.

Non-medicinal ingredients: Organic licorice root (Glycyrrhiza spp.), organic bitter fennel fruit (Foeniculum vulgare), organic sweet orange peel (Citrus sinensis), organic cinnamon bark (Cinnamomum spp.), organic coriander fruit (Coriandrum sativum), organic ginger rhizome (Zingiber officinale), oil of sweet orange peel (Citrus sinensis) on gum Arabic, organic.

OP
mayweatherking
vpJ2GYJ.jpg

my chest fungus has returned again along with bad constpation continuing.. i know the constpation is the route cause. i just did an edema with saline from wal mart.. i would have to try the coffee one tomorrow. im trying to find my cascada pills, i started taking them, but lost them. this is really strange.... very very strange problem...

on the saline edema.. i had about 3 or 4 bowel movements.. but it still backed up there and i keep trying every 30 minutes to get more out and it does usually every 30 mins or an hour.. but still a lot in there, i can feel it almost coming all out.

OP
mayweatherking
they are very hard.... my butt is actually in pain right now from it... it feels like trying to push a baby out of me.. its still stuck lol

OP
mayweatherking
I've seen mag citrate work on cancer patients undergoing chemo when even the strongest prescription laxatives won't,

Natural calm was the brand used. Natural Vitality, Natural Calm, The Anti-Stress Drink, Original (Unflavored), 16 oz (453 g)

I have received gifts from people I recommended this to. They say it changed their life.

just drinking it straight? i saw it at walmart actually.

No, calcium carbonate may constipate the person even more.

my stools are incredibely hard. do you think it is too much calcium? i'm thinking maybe not enough thyroid..

What about soaking plums, prunes in water overnight?

what do you mean? my mom told me to drink prune juice, is it the same thing?

Removing gluten has been a game changer for me...cured a lifetime of constipation problems! Also removing alot of fiber from my diet has helped. Now if I don't go when I wake up, just a sip or two of water usually does the trick. I have also found these all to be very effective...
1. Simple vagal nerve exercise ...roll tip of tongue around outside gums up to 20 times, stretching it.
2. Rub inside of upper arm (bicep) firmly.
3. Magnesium oil
4. A few sips of kombucha
5. A little L-Ornithine. Great for sleep and removes ammonia too.

What I found really destroyed my BMs was drinking aloe vera. Seemed to just disable that muscle.

i haven't touched gluten in a very long time.. probably at least 9 months with maybe 2 or 3 cheating times where i had it when i was out, but that's it.

guys.. after all the bowel movemetns i had today... i realize this problem has made me mentally messed up. i all of a sudden can think more clearly and i'm looking at my life now in disbelief. look at me panicking here on this forum like a crazy person. i realize i have few friends, i'm addicting to quick hit dopamine activies in life(hitting on girls), i treat people with disrespect, i look at other people with disrespect, i constantly am thinking about myself and how people react to me, manipuliative.

im realizing all this after i had so many bowel movements today. i think the bacteria has impacted my personality or something. i am screwed up. need to get this fixed to get over it and return to reality. damn.

if my bowel movements are too hard... it means calcium is too high? what does that mean overall?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
my chest fungus has returned again
You could try taking 1 teaspoon of flowers of sulfur as a ONE TIME DOSE for the fungus. Peat has written about the oldtimers using that amount once a year. I've been trying to find where I originally read this to no avail so far. Were you ever able to try a sulfur based soap or mix the flowers of sulfur in water and apply it topically? I will say it took me almost a year of Peating to get completely over the fungal issues but it did improve during that time and eventually stopped altogether. I believe this is related to low metabolism.
I think you might get some benefit from reading this blog post considering what you are going through.
Ray Peat, PhD on the Benefits of the Raw Carrot – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)
It discusses the endotoxin relationship to some of the issues you are noticing right now.
Try to keep up with eating enough even though it's a challenge when you are that constipated. If your body thinks there isn't enough food coming in it will keep the bowels moving slowly in order to extract as much nutrition as possible. Occasional activated charcoal has helped me in the past with endotoxin issues but it can slow the gut motility so I always take it with cascara.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals