Need Help Desperate: Need To Force Bowel Movement. Serious Constipation

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut any ideas on this? Im thinking of getting some laxatife to get the ball rolling

1-2 tsp baking soda in water. Athletes take it for performance reasons but they need to take in 20g for that effect and find that 20g gives them absolute diarrhea so they reduce to as little as 1tsp at a time taken 4-5 times daily. So, try to find the laxative point, which may start at 2tsp as a single dose.
Higher dose T3 or a shotglass of coconut oil also has a laxative effect. Especially the latter.

tara

1-2 tsp baking soda in water.
But not if you are running highly alkaline or supplementing massive amounts of calcium.
I suspect the OP may have been playing with the edges of milk-alkali issues a while ago.

DaveFoster

Some people find generous amounts of coconut oil lubricate effectively.
Definitely. One of my friends uses it every time he sees his girl.

haidut

Forum Supporter
But not if you are running highly alkaline or supplementing massive amounts of calcium.
I suspect the OP may have been playing with the edges of milk-alkali issues a while ago.

Oh yeah, very good point! Thanks tara. If calcium is taken, as well as aspirin and other substances that inhibit calcium excretion then adding baking soda may be dangerous.

Parsifal

1-2 tsp baking soda in water. Athletes take it for performance reasons but they need to take in 20g for that effect and find that 20g gives them absolute diarrhea so they reduce to as little as 1tsp at a time taken 4-5 times daily. So, try to find the laxative point, which may start at 2tsp as a single dose.
Higher dose T3 or a shotglass of coconut oil also has a laxative effect. Especially the latter.

Would taking calcium carbonate have the same effect?

jyb

Surprised no one mentioned cascara. Of course that's only a short term fix, need to find out why you need to take anything just to have functioning bowels.

EIRE24

i have bowel movements everyday, but it seems like not all of it ever gets out. it just sits in my colon backed up, like there is always more in there that doesn't get out. this is tmi, but it feels like something is just in my butt 24/7 just sitting there, that is why my penis is always hard flaccid i'm realizing now, there is constant stress down there because it is not getting out. i think its something to do with bile acids not being made or something. i'm not sure.

Have you tried taurine for that?

mujuro

Things that provide a laxative effect/give me diarrhea:

1mg+ methylene blue
5g+ taurine
2g + charcoal
1tsp salt in 500ml very warm water

In the past, taking a 25mcg T3 tab would completely evacuate my intestines, but if you fool around with T3 and your natural thyroid production is suppressed, you will experience more constipation.

Clostridium species secrete neurotoxins which effectively halt peristalsis. Vitamin B12 deficiency can lead to gastroparesis.

Kasper

@mayweatherking I get constipation from the moment I stress too much. So I would watch out that you are not getting too obsessed with this, as this will be counter effective I think.

What helps me as well, is laying on a tennis ball. Putting the tennis ball right and left lower front of your belly. You are in the right spot if you are feeling tight and painful muscles. Laying on it for some time, you will get to deeper and deeper muscles, those will relax if you breath slowly to those spots.

tara

Cascara sagrada.
Surprised no one mentioned cascara.
:)

Of course that's only a short term fix, need to find out why you need to take anything just to have functioning bowels.
Yeah.
My pick as top of the list of possibilities to address would be slow GI transit due at least in part to chronic calorie and other nutrient deficiencies from long-term restrictive and semi-starvation diet.

lindsay

I would suggest making your own magnesium bicarbonate water (or epsom salts dissolved in a glass of water), or you could try cascara sagrada. Those might take an overnight route to work, however. I second that a good dose of Coconut oil sometimes does the trick - I learned that the hard way by melting a couple tablespoons and drinking it in milk! o_O Best wishes to you! Nothing is worse than the feeling of being constipated - IMO.

Parsifal

Babies are born with sterile guts but they don't receive solid food before a long time so maybe a gut too sterile will be constipated?

c093

I found carrots (raw) to be extremely constipating and horrible for hemorrhoids.

Dark chocolate used to help me (high fat and high fiber), though it doesn't work immediately. Also, drinking heavy cream in warm water or Apple juice with warm water have helped me in the past.

haidut

Forum Supporter

haidut

Forum Supporter
Oh ok! Thanks. Same with carbonated water and coke I presume?

No, they don't constipate as far as I know. It is he calcium that can cause constipation in some people since it excites the intestinal cells.