Need Help Desperate: Need To Force Bowel Movement. Serious Constipation

Haha, yeah I was honestly considering it if my problem got worse.

Thanks. Yeah, I don't want to play with my health, but I felt like I was dealing with something no one could help me with.. which was somewhat true.. I think I figured something out.

No, but I did start uing sulfur soap. I know the fungus has a root cuase.. and I think I found it.

I am going to hold off on explaining what I figured out until I know for sure, which I think I can figure it out this weekend.. but I will tell you what, eating more calories is not the solution... I think it's more about maintaining a good blood sugar and making sure it stays there and not spiking it or letting it go too low... milk... is not good for blood sugar if you are not in a good metabolic state.... I (un)forunately found out today

Interesting...do keep us posted. I think you're on to something with the "excess calories being bad" theory

OP
mayweatherking
Interesting...do keep us posted. I think you're on to something with the "excess calories being bad" theory

For sure. While I see calories being a good thing, if you are hypothyroid and slamming down milk, your blood sugar is going to spike like crazy and you cant use the insulin. How is that healthy at all? It's not. Milk in general, I am having a hard time the recommendation behind it. It seems like if you take thyroid hormone, you can handle milk, but if you don't take thyroid.. it seems really stressful to digest it.

Ukall

I think you're on to something with the "excess calories being bad" theory
Do you still question that? If I said to my grandmother to start "Peating", she would just die in a seconds.
How is that healthy at all? It's not.
Finally, you have realized it.
Of course excess sugar/excess calories with a slow metabolism is going to do more harm than good to you, if your body isn't used to that new pace. Then maybe (or not), gradually it can adapt to a new high metabolism.
But that's the thing, people should first know how many calories can their body handle at the moment. Just listen to your body. In my opinion, it was clearly giving you a lot of signals to you and you were still doing the same thing.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." by Albert Einstein

Kasper

@mayweatherking I think measuring blood sugar is a really good idea, to understand your body better.

I think increasing calories can be very healthy, but I wouldn't go radically and just increase calories slowly every week, and not force too much against your instincts. Using many small meals can help.

Or indeed measure your blood sugar reguarly, and see how much sugar you can ingest without piking your blood sugar like crazy. If you don't ingest skim milk with your fruit, I would highly recommend adding some gelatin with each fruit (juice) meal you eat.

Ukall

I think increasing calories can be very healthy
It can be healthier if your body can adapt to it. Otherwise, in my opinion, I think it will just destroy you.
I remember when I did 4000+ kcal a day and I got some eczema (fungus) for some reason. Maybe bacteria overgrowth? I wasn't sure.
But now, looking to mayweatherking's story and seeing his body, his fungus, it was exactly like mine (and I still have the marks on my body). Imagine if I continued to eat 4000+ kcal...

OP
mayweatherking
Do you still question that? If I said to my grandmother to start "Peating", she would just die in a seconds.
Finally, you have realized it.
Of course excess sugar/excess calories with a slow metabolism is going to do more harm than good to you, if your body isn't used to that new pace. Then maybe (or not), gradually it can adapt to a new high metabolism.
But that's the thing, people should first know how many calories can their body handle at the moment. Just listen to your body. In my opinion, it was clearly giving you a lot of signals to you and you were still doing the same thing.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." by Albert Einstein

I am essentially that Einsetin quote. I was literally going crazy man. Lol. Yeah, I realize it now, but it really took doing blood sugar for me to understand it. Everyone is saying you cant handle too many calories, i'm pretty sure now the whole "milk mystery" and "you cant handle milk at first" confusion that no one really seems to have an answer to, trust me, I looked for it myself for a while, is basically milk spiking insulin really high, and being hypothyroid, or really, insulin resistant, it is going to screw you over so hard. Any form of eating and spiking your insulin really high is going to screw you over. No matter what food it is. Until insulin is pumped out regularly all day, I think it is going to cause problems because you will have PUFA released into blood.

What's shocking is how much blood sugar flucuates too.. I didn't even really feel different, but saw masive changes.. like when it would go from a very high number down to a very very low number, I wasn't noticing it.

I think the fungus is from high blood sugar. I think that makes sense. I think if you keep your blood sugar between 90 and 120 all day, I think the fungus will go away. Mine is all ready starting to fade now finally. I always felt the fungus on my chest itch after drinking milk... surprise surprise... my blood sugar was quite high.

@mayweatherking I think measuring blood sugar is a really good idea, to understand your body better.

I think increasing calories can be very healthy, but I wouldn't go radically and just increase calories slowly every week, and not force too much against your instincts. Using many small meals can help.

Or indeed measure your blood sugar reguarly, and see how much sugar you can ingest without piking your blood sugar like crazy. If you don't ingest skim milk with your fruit, I would highly recommend adding some gelatin with each fruit (juice) meal you eat.

Yeah I'm just going to keep monitoring my blood sugar. I think blood sugar monitoring should be a peat staple after what I have learned... I had no idea how powerful insulin is and how difficult it is for it to get into your body if you can't handle it. Literally you are giving yourself diabetes if you eat too much sugar and yours spikes too high. Plain and simple.. no other way around it. Unless... a big unless... you take thyroid.

Kasper

I think if you keep your blood sugar between 90 and 120 all day, I think the fungus will go away.

I think many people recommend it around 70-100 for most of the day. Not sure what Peat recommends. After a meal having peak up to 120-140 is probably normal. What I see, that if I combine orange juice + skim milk + gelatin, I get sometimes up to 130-140, but it goes down very fast, like in 15 min.

By the way, both for fungus and diabetis, niacinamide is very helpfull. So maybe consider adding that to every meal (like 300 mg every meal, not totally sure about the dosage). Just google "haidut raypeatforum niacinamide [disease]" for more information.

OP
mayweatherking
I think many people recommend it around 70-100 for most of the day. Not sure what Peat recommends. After a meal having peak up to 120-140 is probably normal. What I see, that if I combine orange juice + skim milk + gelatin, I get sometimes up to 130-140, but it goes down very fast, like in 15 min.

By the way, both for fungus and diabetis, niacinamide is very helpfull. So maybe consider adding that to every meal (like 300 mg every meal, not totally sure about the dosage). Just google "haidut raypeatforum niacinamide [disease]" for more information.

this is what ray told me:

After eating carbohydrate it’s normal for the glucose to be around 150, during the day it’s o.k. for it to fluctuate around 90.

I see. I think I will probably try to keep it max 150, then let it go back down to below 100 or closer to 90, then when it gets there, I can eat again if I feel hungry, not letting it go below 85.

EIRE24

It can be healthier if your body can adapt to it. Otherwise, in my opinion, I think it will just destroy you.
I remember when I did 4000+ kcal a day and I got some eczema (fungus) for some reason. Maybe bacteria overgrowth? I wasn't sure.
But now, looking to mayweatherking's story and seeing his body, his fungus, it was exactly like mine (and I still have the marks on my body). Imagine if I continued to eat 4000+ kcal...

Sounds a lot like how I induced acne on myself. How did you get rid of the fungus?

EIRE24

I am essentially that Einsetin quote. I was literally going crazy man. Lol. Yeah, I realize it now, but it really took doing blood sugar for me to understand it. Everyone is saying you cant handle too many calories, i'm pretty sure now the whole "milk mystery" and "you cant handle milk at first" confusion that no one really seems to have an answer to, trust me, I looked for it myself for a while, is basically milk spiking insulin really high, and being hypothyroid, or really, insulin resistant, it is going to screw you over so hard. Any form of eating and spiking your insulin really high is going to screw you over. No matter what food it is. Until insulin is pumped out regularly all day, I think it is going to cause problems because you will have PUFA released into blood.

What's shocking is how much blood sugar flucuates too.. I didn't even really feel different, but saw masive changes.. like when it would go from a very high number down to a very very low number, I wasn't noticing it.

I think the fungus is from high blood sugar. I think that makes sense. I think if you keep your blood sugar between 90 and 120 all day, I think the fungus will go away. Mine is all ready starting to fade now finally. I always felt the fungus on my chest itch after drinking milk... surprise surprise... my blood sugar was quite high.

Yeah I'm just going to keep monitoring my blood sugar. I think blood sugar monitoring should be a peat staple after what I have learned... I had no idea how powerful insulin is and how difficult it is for it to get into your body if you can't handle it. Literally you are giving yourself diabetes if you eat too much sugar and yours spikes too high. Plain and simple.. no other way around it. Unless... a big unless... you take thyroid.

I agree with what you're saying but sugar isn't the only thing that spikes blood sugar...is it? Also something for you to think about....I know high calories isn't a good thing like you've already discovered but if your meals were bigger rather than small spread across the day wouldn't blood sugar stay elevated for a longer period of time rather than rising and dropping so fast? Not sure which is better?

OP
mayweatherking
I agree with what you're saying but sugar isn't the only thing that spikes blood sugar...is it? Also something for you to think about....I know high calories isn't a good thing like you've already discovered but if your meals were bigger rather than small spread across the day wouldn't blood sugar stay elevated for a longer period of time rather than rising and dropping so fast? Not sure which is better?

No it's not... milk I think was the real problem for me... It would spike blood sugar so ridiculously high. Yeah you want your blood sugar elevated all day, but if someone is insulin resistant, their body can't handle the mass blood sugar spike. I think the longer it stays elevated and in the right zone, the faster the problem will heal, then you can handle those larger meals. I'm not sure though.. I'm just starting. But that is my thoguht process. Not a lot of people around here talk about this. Thyroid will help you handle the insulin truly.

Last edited:

Parsifal

Can high insulin all the time (insulin resistance) stimulate prolactin/oestrogens?

EIRE24

No it's not... milk I think was the real problem for me... It would spike blood sugar so ridiculously high. Yeah you want your blood sugar elevated all day, but if someone is insulin resistant, their body can't handle the mass blood sugar spike. I think the longer it stays elevated and in the right zone, the faster the problem will heal, then you can handle those larger meals. I'm not sure though.. I'm just starting. But that is my thoguht process. Not a lot of people around here talk about this. Thyroid will help you handle the insulin truly.

I handle 2 or 3 larger meals better than I do snacking all day. I also think exercise helps a lot. Doesn't have to be strenuous just a walk. Why do you make the assumption thyroid would make a difference? Because it would use the sugar as fuel?

OP
mayweatherking
I handle 2 or 3 larger meals better than I do snacking all day. I also think exercise helps a lot. Doesn't have to be strenuous just a walk. Why do you make the assumption thyroid would make a difference? Because it would use the sugar as fuel?

Yeah pretty much.. taking thyroid seems to stop from burning fat and using sugar.. plus it seems insulin needs thyroid in order to get into the cells.

Can high insulin all the time (insulin resistance) stimulate prolactin/oestrogens?

Probably.. it for sure increases estrogen.. so I'm going to assume if estrogen goes up, so does prolactin

EIRE24

Yeah pretty much.. taking thyroid seems to stop from burning fat and using sugar.. plus it seems insulin needs thyroid in order to get into the cells.

Probably.. it for sure increases estrogen.. so I'm going to assume if estrogen goes up, so does prolactin

Wouldn't high insulin be the same as keeping blood sugar elevated all the time?

OP
mayweatherking
Wouldn't high insulin be the same as keeping blood sugar elevated all the time?

No.. I'm talking high insulin as in like.. sugar spikes at 300+, not normal sugar spikes at like 120. When high sugar spikes at 300, and you are metabolically challenged.... that insulin has no where to go.... because your thyroid sucks and it isn't going into cells...

Ukall

How did you get rid of the fungus?
I didn't. I went to a dermatologist and she prescribed me a ointment, but I ended up not applying it on my skin.
I still have the marks of it, but is slowly, very slowly disappearing (2 months already).
Well, you have the old dictation (and I think, I think, it differs from Ray Peat's view) that high sugar intake will feed bacteria (always the bad ones, of course, as they claim). Perhaps the body won't absorb all the sugar you eat and rest of will be 'food' for the bacteria and, hence, they overgrow.

OP
mayweatherking
I didn't. I went to a dermatologist and she prescribed me a ointment, but I ended up not applying it on my skin.
I still have the marks of it, but is slowly, very slowly disappearing (2 months already).

Well, you have the old dictation (and I think, I think, it differs from Ray Peat's view) that high sugar intake will feed bacteria (always the bad ones, of course, as they claim). Perhaps the body won't absorb all the sugar you eat and rest of will be 'food' for the bacteria and, hence, they overgrow.

I think high sugar intake will feed bacteria... IF your metabolic rate is not good... so if insulin doesn't go where it should go.. then the sugar is just floating around I'm assuming? It's some kind of balancing act, I don't know where the line is between this is good or this is bad, or this is enough sugar or this is not enough sugar. Or how do you know when your body can handle all that insulin?

Kasper

I think high sugar intake will feed bacteria... IF your metabolic rate is not good... so if insulin doesn't go where it should go.. then the sugar is just floating around I'm assuming? It's some kind of balancing act, I don't know where the line is between this is good or this is bad, or this is enough sugar or this is not enough sugar. Or how do you know when your body can handle all that insulin?

I would say, just check your blood sugar. If your body can handle the sugar then it will end up in your cells not in your blood quite fast.

OP
mayweatherking

By the way, both for fungus and diabetis, niacinamide is very helpfull. So maybe consider adding that to every meal (like 300 mg every meal, not totally sure about the
I would say, just check your blood sugar. If your body can handle the sugar then it will end up in your cells not in your blood quite fast.
dosage). Just google "haidut raypeatforum niacinamide [disease]" for more information.

Yeah, that's what I am thinking. I am just going to watch it. I think miniature thyroid doses will help and keep things in line as well. I am in a super sensitive state right now. Like ultra sensitive. I did niacinamide a couple of days ago, and I think it messed me up somehow. Either not enough calories with it or something else. But it made me super sensitive. It gave me some kind of neuropathy when my blood sugar goes too high. It is getting better though now. I'm laying off all the peaty supplements, I also took more than normal aspirin that day. One of those two things messed me up. I don't know what. But I'm watching what I do now way more intensely. I can't handle that much food right now which is kind of worrying for me.

My hair really worries me now too. I am going to start doing topicals that I found online to kill any fungus off from my hair.. there is some fungus aspect to hair loss for sure... I can tell from when my blood sugar spikes so I will cover it from that end, things like coconut oil topically... I'm not sure if I will recover the hair at this point.. but I can hope.

I need to start going to church or something, maybe become jewish or something, maybe make a ton of money to give myself some kind of purpose, now that my blood sugar is lower, I can think more straight... that high insulin was messing my brain up.. really detached me from reality... finasteride has some other 3rd party thing it did to me.. made me hyper sensitive or something.. i don't think i'm making any DHT or progesterone or something from it... i'm not sure... something is not being made that is supposed to be made making me insulin resistant

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals