Tiaki Toroa

Forum Supporter
I rotate it with nobiletin. I also use hesperidin, and may include a narigenin supplement as well. I think all of these citrus bioflavanoids are beneficial, and should be incorporated, especially if you do not consume much orange juice or other citrus foods. I will be growing some monarda fistulosa this year, it was on my list of plants to get, and this thread reminded me to start growing some.
Thanks! I have some bee balm (monarda) in my garden, not sure if it is monarda fistulosa. Do you make a tea from the petals?

Dave Clark

Thanks! I have some bee balm (monarda) in my garden, not sure if it is monarda fistulosa. Do you make a tea from the petals?
All the aerial parts can be used, stems, flowers, and leaves. There are quite a few hybrids, and I am not sure they all have the same biochemical profile, so I stick with the wild bergamot {monardo fistulosa}, just to make sure I am getting what has been tested for over the years. The others may be the same, but I am not sure about that.

Tiaki Toroa

Forum Supporter
Interesting, tks! I've just grown it for the bees, never made the tea. Waiting for my plants to bloom, as I don't remember which of my emerging plants are the red monarda (probably didyma) and the pinkish lilac ones (possibly fistulosa). Very cool, appreciate it!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals