My current dilemma with amino acid intake

FredSonoma

2nd day of Peating, some bloating

Hi all,

I'm on my second day of "Peating." All dairy is raw and grassfed.

I'm a little bloated - any suggestions?

(other than eating kefir, yogurt, and some pickles, I'm pretty sure I've been following 100% of recommendations)

Mittir

Re: 2nd day of Peating, some bloating

If you are not used to drinking milk, sudden increase in intake can cause digestive issues.
It takes sometime for body to increase production of enzyme to breakdown lactose.
It is best to slowly increase milk intake. I was totally lactose intolerant and started with
1/4 th cup of milk with meal and over 2 months period reached 4 cups.

If cow eats allergenic food, which can be organic pasture, then milk can be allergenic.
Boiling or pasteurized milk has less bacteria and some people find that easier to digest.
You have to experiment with different source and type of milk to find the one that suits you.

natedawggh

FredSonoma said:
Alright thanks Mittir!!

Also... if you have a sluggish metabolism, the tryptophan in milk can convert to serotonin, which is the hormone that specifically causes water retention. If it continues to be a problem with milk, considering increasing protein and calcium through casein and eggshells, or other sources of low-tryptophan protein until you no longer have the serotonin problem (high metabolism converts tryptophan to niacin instead). You can also try taking milk with niacinamide and sugar, which can help trend toward niacin conversion.

L-lysine can also be used to reduce the serotonin conversion.

OP
F

FredSonoma

natedawggh said:
FredSonoma said:
Alright thanks Mittir!!

Also... if you have a sluggish metabolism, the tryptophan in milk can convert to serotonin, which is the hormone that specifically causes water retention. If it continues to be a problem with milk, considering increasing protein and calcium through casein and eggshells, or other sources of low-tryptophan protein until you no longer have the serotonin problem (high metabolism converts tryptophan to niacin instead). You can also try taking milk with niacinamide and sugar, which can help trend toward niacin conversion.

L-lysine can also be used to reduce the serotonin conversion.

Alright thanks!! Amazing that you know all this... I've never seen a health forum with such a large amount of seemingly intelligent / informed people.

How is the 4th day going :carrot2

OP
F

FredSonoma

Such_Saturation said:
How is the 4th day going :carrot2

Pretty good! I just took a dump so I'm happy about that lol. I am still pretty bloated though. I've also been thinking a lot about vegetables - I actually miss them lol, especially simple baby greens like spinach (I ate some this morning anyway lol). I'm thinking maybe I'm deficient in stuff that would be in liver or oysters and that's what I'm craving greens?

Also, last night I was eating coconut oil and sugar mixed together, ate probably like 1200 calories worth in like 20 minutes haha. Definitely a little worried that that is a bad sign of something, not sure though. I imagine eating food like that could contribute to "micronutrient deficiency?" No idea though lol.

Yes yes, load up on vegetables if it's tasty, I agree that things like spinach seem to hit some special spot, but if it makes the bloating worse then you can have a dilemma. I agree with the coconut oil binge, try it also with salt. If you can go with feeling then you basically don't need to know anything else, the "recommended foods" are basically just a list of things that you will crave anyway, and eventually you settle on them if you can clear your mind from dietary prejudice. There are some other attractive foods that people around here avoid, but there's usually some rational reason for that.

OP
F

FredSonoma

Such_Saturation said:
Yes yes, load up on vegetables if it's tasty, I agree that things like spinach seem to hit some special spot, but if it makes the bloating worse then you can have a dilemma. I agree with the coconut oil binge, try it also with salt. If you can go with feeling then you basically don't need to know anything else, the "recommended foods" are basically just a list of things that you will crave anyway, and eventually you settle on them if you can clear your mind from dietary prejudice. There are some other attractive foods that people around here avoid, but there's usually some rational reason for that.

Okay thanks! I have no idea whether or not it makes the bloating worse but I definitely like eating it haha. And ill try it with salt!

OP
F

FredSonoma

1. Eating bone broth makes me feel s****y - can't focus, tired, cranky, anxious for 4 hours or more. I didn't have that much today - maybe 5 TBSP of concentrated bone broth at 8 AM and I've felt s****y since then.

2. I'm definitely craving nutrients in protein a lot - esp. from egg yolks, liver, oysters, and pork.

3. So I either have to a). get all the nutrients (gelatin, fat soluble vitamins / zink / etc.) but feel like s*** at least once a day or b). get the nutrients but not enough gelatin.

What would be my best option here? Should I stick more to fish and stuff instead of pork / beef/ egg yolks? Is there any reason Great Lakes gelatin wouldn't make me feel weird if my homemade bone broth does?

Yesterday, I got almost ALL of my protein from dairy - (except for 2 eggs, 2 tbsp bone broth, and some fish head broth w/ some meat in it) and I felt pretty happy all day - EXCEPT that I felt kind of cracked out on sugar and craving protein all day. I'm thinking getting the majority of my protein from dairy might be the best option, until I can tolerate bone broth?

PeatJAM

I can't tolerate bone broth or gelatin.....super sensitive to MSG which is in both....sounds like you are too....I follow as much peat as I can but the gelatin is a no go

tara

Some people handle some forms better than others - if you're not finding your own broths suit you, you could try buying gelatin powder and/or collagen hydrolysate. If none of them work for you, you could try supplementing glycine.
If milk goes down well, that's great.
Personally, I'm sparing with pork and chicken for PUFAs sake, and favour beef (incl liver), mutton, non-fatty fish, shell-fish/molluscs, eggs.
PeatJAM said:
I can't tolerate bone broth or gelatin.....super sensitive to MSG which is in both....sounds like you are too....I follow as much peat as I can but the gelatin is a no go
Do you mean that MSG develops naturally in the process of cooking collagen to make gelatin?

jyb

FredSonoma said:
What would be my best option here? Should I stick more to fish and stuff instead of pork / beef/ egg yolks? Is there any reason Great Lakes gelatin wouldn't make me feel weird if my homemade bone broth does?

Yesterday, I got almost ALL of my protein from dairy - (except for 2 eggs, 2 tbsp bone broth, and some fish head broth w/ some meat in it) and I felt pretty happy all day - EXCEPT that I felt kind of cracked out on sugar and craving protein all day. I'm thinking getting the majority of my protein from dairy might be the best option, until I can tolerate bone broth?

I don't get gelatin side effects when I use the hydrolysed GL or when I supplement a teaspoon of pure glycine powder. I have in the past gotten side effects of regular GL in the form of severe acne, which suggest some digestion and endotoxin problem.

I get most of my protein from dairy. I avoid a large load of cheese and eggs, or I will feel them sitting in my stomach for long. I find beef can digests very well, but I chew well and don't eat a lot at once that's all. Maybe my pancreas is dead or something, like gbolduev said. Potentially this means undigested proteins traveling through the gut and causing problems while remaining deficient in protein.

Because of that I don't eat a huge lot of protein compared to many on this forum - I replace the initial protein meals with chocolate and cream and leave the more protein meals for a bit later in the day when I feel hungry for it. And never before bedtime when protein digestion is less efficient. So am I deficient in protein? I don't know, but I feel satisfied not craving anything, and when I was eating a lot of protein I feel like not all was digested anyway so...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals