Can't Eat Most Of Peat's Recommendation, Here's My Current Approach

sebastian_r

Hi,

in this post I will list my current diet approach based on try and error and looking for advice if a high amount of starches could create problems in the long-run.

I have tested all kinds of diets the last couple of months (paleo, carnivore, keto, peat) and figured out lots of things about what I can and what I can't eat.

Can't:
Dairy: Even small amounts of lactose and I feel dizzy, get bloating and bad breath. Even butter is already sealing the deal
Fruits / Sugar: Even a small amount of berries and I get social anxiety (blood sugar, insulin, estradiol?). Orange juice about the worst I can consume
Fat: High amounts of fat, saturated or unsaturated make me tired and lethargic

Can:
Red meat, just not too much of it because high fat
Eggs, no complaint here. However, only eating the egg yolk seems to be easier to diggest
Potato / Sweetpotato, no complaints
Carrots, no complaints
Oatmeal, no complaints
Buckwheat, no complaints
Rice, no complaints

You see, I tried to replace the carbs from fruits and dairy with carbs my body can handle.

Currently takin zero medicine, supplements or pro hormones. I have tested them all (A-Z, DHEA, Pregnenolone, Progesterone, DHT and in one way or the other they are all messing me up).

No bloodwork here, but I would say that the mentioned "Can" diet provides solid Testosterone and Thyroid levels.

With the "Can" approach I feel good and have no major complaints, however I'm wondering if the high amount of starch could create problems in the long-run.

Any suggestions for carb sources that I could implement / test to reduce the starches?

Thx

Last edited:

Zpol

You could do some boiled greens water for calcium, or Dandelion tea.

Potato protein soup could provide some protein.

You might try to get some blood tests to see what your deficiencies are.

OP
S

sebastian_r

Very happy to report progress!

Currently eating Beef, Orange Juice, Tropical Fruits, Potato, Coffee and taking 5mg DHEA. Will implement milk and gelatine in the near future.

The problems I had with fruits and OJ disappeared when I started to eat protein and cane sugar with it. The same goes for problems I had after eating meat, when I started eating sugar with the meat.

Finally can as well make DHEA work, the lower my body fat the better I do with it. Probably less aromatisation.

Take aways I found on the forum that helped me tremendously:
- Coffee always with sugar (I use cane sugar) takes out the jitter and social anxiety I always got from drinking coffee.
- Combining protein always with carbs (fruit / sugar)
- Less body fat to make DHEA work

Feel warm, full of energy and strong libido / erections.

OP
S

sebastian_r

Very strange development after starting to take vitamin A.

I suddenly can eat "everything" without having any bad reactions to it.

I just ate meat, cheese, bread, chocolate, oranges, spinach, cookies, ice cream.... everything I could get may hands on.

And nothing happened!

Normally after eating dairy, or too much sugar, or bread, I would either feel very weak, get dry skin, eyes getting worse, bloating.....

Right now I feel fantastic after eating.

Another development is that my skin did got incredible soft after taking vitamin a.

J

jb116

Vit A is very important in maintaining good immune function and "teaching" the body to what not to have an allergic response. Over the years for example I found less food intolerances as I increased liver consumption.

raypeatclips

I just ate meat, cheese, bread, chocolate, oranges, spinach, cookies, ice cream.... everything I could get may hands on.

And nothing happened!

Normally after eating dairy, or too much sugar, or bread, I would either feel very weak, get dry skin, eyes getting worse, bloating.....

Another development is that my skin did got incredible soft after taking vitamin a.

How much vitamin a did you take and what form?

dreamcatcher

Very happy to report progress!

Currently eating Beef, Orange Juice, Tropical Fruits, Potato, Coffee and taking 5mg DHEA. Will implement milk and gelatine in the near future.

The problems I had with fruits and OJ disappeared when I started to eat protein and cane sugar with it. The same goes for problems I had after eating meat, when I started eating sugar with the meat.

Finally can as well make DHEA work, the lower my body fat the better I do with it. Probably less aromatisation.

Take aways I found on the forum that helped me tremendously:
- Coffee always with sugar (I use cane sugar) takes out the jitter and social anxiety I always got from drinking coffee.
- Combining protein always with carbs (fruit / sugar)
- Less body fat to make DHEA work

Feel warm, full of energy and strong libido / erections.
Have you tried raw milk, @sebastian_r ? I do better on starch (basmati rice, potatoes, sourdough rye bread) than on fruit but I do eat fruits as well.

dreamcatcher

And nothing happened!

That's my same experience-no negative reactions to previously thought 'irritating' foods when supplementing progesterone (not vitamin A).

jet9

And nothing happened!

Sebastián, any update? What form/brand of vitamin A are you taking?

Tenacity

And nothing happened!

Kinda poops all over what Grant Genereux is proposing.

OP
S

sebastian_r

Sebastián, any update? What form/brand of vitamin A are you taking?

I was taking 2500mcg vitamin A / retinyl acetate 2-3x per day.

Unfortunately I had to stop it, I got incredible headache and dry eyes from it.

I could eat whatever I want, and was in a great mood.

Enjoyed nature and my surroundings for first time since years.

As well I felt like my body was stretching/ desire to stand straight.

I would guess that it had an inhibiting effect on estradiol, but estradiol got too low very quick (got the side effects even with 800 mcg/day at the end).

Will try again in a couple of days with an EOD or E3D schedule.

Last edited:
OP
S

sebastian_r

I heard about Grant's thesis in context with the carnivore diet as explanation why people who eliminate everything but beef (no vitamin a) do suddenly so well. Personally I haven't formed my opinion yet, but getting severe side effects quickly made me a bit sceptical about the benefits of vitamin a. Will have to do some more experiments.

Tenacity

I heard about Grant's thesis in context with the carnivore diet as explanation why people who eliminate everything but beef (no vitamin a) do suddenly so well. Personally I haven't formed my opinion yet, but getting severe side effects quickly made me a bit sceptical about the benefits of vitamin a. Will have to do some more experiments.
My own idea is that increased liver function due to higher protein intake may be part of it.

OP
S

sebastian_r

Closing in =)

Doing really good right now.

Great energy, want to train every day.

Loosing body fat with a rapid rate.

Gone from 104KG to 92KG during the last 6 months (193cm tall).

Narrowed my nutrition down to Ground Beef (85% lean), Potatoes, Buckwheat and Rice.

Ground beef gives me better energy and seems to be easier to digest than steaks for me.

Potatoes and Buckwheat are great carb sources for me, especially if I eat it with a bit of white sugar.

Rice not sure yet, need some more testing (messes around with my DHT, think that Rice is a net negative for me). But don't want to give up on it too easily since I have zero digestion problems from it and otherwise do well on it.

Fruits, Dairy and Eggs are a net negative for me, so I cut them. Veggies was never a thing for me to begin with. Thinking back, I never craved or eat much Fruits, Dairy, Eggs or Veggies anyway.

Additional I drink 3-4 cups of coffee with white sugar (feel better with white sugar than cane sugar).

Otherwise I have cut all supplements and hormones (was on TRT for 4 years and got of it with AI only PCT).

Last edited:
OP
S

sebastian_r

Testing around with sodium and potassium.

Sodium alone is not doing much for me, but today I tested a combination of sodium and potassium (45% / 55%).

Getting some great first results, mood and energy is up a lot, good mental clarity. Almost feeling a bit euphoric.

Nutrition wise it's currently mostly Beef and starch and some fruit jelly. Seems that I can digest fruit jelly / cooked fruits better than raw fruits.

Have to retest cooked fruits, maybe I can ditch some of the starch for cooked fruits.

Last edited:

somuch4food

Not necessarily, vitamin A toxicity's specialty is low grade chronic symptoms that can disappear, but keep flaring up from time to time. Like with any substance, people will have different tolerance for it.

I am also learning that we have to stop to see everyone with the same lens. The diet should fit an individual's lifestyle and body condition. There is no perfect human model, we are diverse living beings after all.

I applaud the OP for recognizing that his body was not agreeing with a supplement anymore. The key is to listen to your own body, it is unique and you have to deal with its strength and weaknesses.

frant26

Testing around with sodium and potassium.

Sodium alone is not doing much for me, but today I tested a combination of sodium and potassium (45% / 55%).

Getting some great first results, mood and energy is up a lot, good mental clarity. Almost feeling a bit euphoric.

Nutrition wise it's currently mostly Beef and starch and some fruit jelly. Seems that I can digest fruit jelly / cooked fruits better than raw fruits.

Have to retest cooked fruits, maybe I can ditch some of the starch for cooked fruits.

So you don't get much calcium?

OP
S

sebastian_r

Retested vitamin A with a different brand, got again headache and dry eyes on day 2. Done with it.

Retested vitamin k2, got phenomanal result. Drive, male aggression, focus....getting better results in those categories than when I was on TRT. If I had to guess, I'd say strong decrease in estrogen, strong increase in DHT. Feels a bit like when i was on test prop and taking vitamin e.

Tested many K2 brands, the current one is giving me the best results (no affiliation) https://www.amazon.de/Vitamin-MK7-365-Kapseln-Premiumqualität-Mikroverkapselt/dp/B01M36DP4F/ref=sr_1_1?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1545585389&sr=1-1&keywords=natural+elements&refinements=p_89:natural+elements

Retested dairy - milk, cheese, ice cream... makes me tired and lethargic, losing all drive, aggression, and focus. Done with it.

In general eating something that I'm not doing well with like dairy or fruits or too much fat can completely whipe out my great mood and energy within minutes. Have to be very careful because it always comes with bad follow up decisions in terms of nutrition and life.

Current nutrition: Lean Beef & Lamb, Lean Pork Ham Cubes, Eggs (only every couple days, have to test more if net positive), Butter (have to test more if net positive when I combine with starch), White Bread, Potatoes, Gnocchi
Current Supplements: Vit K2 (400-600mg/day)

No complaints overall, feeling great with the current approach. Just some fine tuning necessary and checking out for long term results.

For first time in months I'm back to pushing my business hard and working 12hours/day with ease. Thought I had lost the ability to do so.

I honestly feel better than on TRT and way better than before TRT.

I have lost lots of bodyfat compared to pre TRT and I don't eat foods anymore that mess up my DHT or raise estradiol too much. This plus vitamin k2 makes all the difference for me.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals