Must Read, Killing Cancer Cells Using Electric Potential, DMSO, Methylene Blue

OP
T

TreasureVibe

I drank my first full mug of sodium bicarbonate mixed with ACV. It was a big mug and filled almost to the top with tap water. Put in 2 well-filled tablespoons of ACV and afterwards a pretty heap of 1/2th teaspoon baking soda. The baking soda was a bit old, and depending on how the best by date is put (I can't tell) it's either past its expiration date in either april or august this year. So it might not have reacted as strongly with the ACV as it normally would. Anyways, there was still fizzing, and bubbles going up. I noticed how the strains of the mother of the ACV I was using rose up to the top of the water directly after putting in the baking soda. Stirring the glass with a plastic spoon made it fizz even more after it had quit fizzing after about 12 seconds. I used Braggs ACV.

I drank it and I noticed it tasted alkaline, with only a scent of ACV I could smell while in my mouth, not actually taste. I normally really like the soury taste of ACV in water, so this was something different. After taking it, I noticed pain relief in my right shoulder and lung, where I've always had a cough and pain for 2 years now. Also internal congestion inside the lung felt like it was dissolving, and things were going down there I felt. I also felt a bit more energetic, and a bit more clarity. Breathing also feels more pleasant, and this stiffness of my right shoulder also seems to dissapear somewhat. All in all this first glass was a success and I plan on doing it more. I think I put in a bit too much baking soda, I will try a bit fewer the next time.

I actually wonder, what is the significance of the pH of the solution we're making, is there actually any? You might as well just buy potassium acetate and sodium acetate, put it in water and drink it up. Unreacted bicarbonate I might add, does aid the kidneys (the kidneys naturally produce their own bicarbonate), and if it produces CO2 in the body that's also a benefit. But drinking only ACV will give you potassium acetate as well so I wonder why Ted put baking soda with it, or I've might missed an explanation. If so, please excuse me! Also the alkaline pH could aid pathogens, so unless there's a specific reason for it, I think trying just potassium acetate powder and maybe sodium acetate powder could be worth it too for specific diseases, like cancer perhaps. Ted did mention that acidic substances like for example ascorbic acid, caused voltage of cells to become unhealthier and cause cancer though so that could be the reason! The common occurrence of both baking soda and apple cider vinegar in households and in local supermarkets/general stores is however quite a convenience, for its quick, cheap and easy access to make a ACV/BS solution.

I really like what this is doing to my body, and I do recommend it! Will be using it again, and report back.

Perhaps it would be better to mix apple cider vinegar with potassium carbonate, thus yielding potassium acetate . . .

I like apple cider vinegar not so much for the acetate, but because it has Acetobacter species of bacteria. These bacteria are a good probiotic; since Acetobacter aceti has an alcohol dehydrogenase enzyme it can detoxify the ethanol, tyrosol, and tryptophol produced by Candida albicans. These bacteria also have membrane polysaccharides that stimulate the neutrophils and natural killer cells needed for destroy pathogens, and of course they also inhibit pathogenic bacteria & yeast simply through competition.

But something can also be said about the acetate present, and when mixed with the laurate found in shredded coconut or goat cheese it should produce an effective Candidacidal salad—even without the green onions, shallots, garlic, etc.
Wouldn't these acetobacter species just add to the endotoxin burden of the gut? (From a Peat perspective) Curious.

I am also wondering how the voltage of the cancer cell theory and its dynamics fits in with Ray Peat's recommendation of 1500-2000 mg of dietary calcium daily, and what calcium acetate could mean for health. Ray Peat recommends eggshell calcium, and it's popular among people to make calcium acetate by reacting the eggshell calcium with apple cider vinegar.

I also happened to come across these six significant studies:

Effect of sodium acetate on cell proliferation and induction of proinflammatory cytokines: a preliminary evaluation.
Food Chem Toxicol. 2005 Dec;43(12):1773-80.
Sun J1, Bi L, Chi Y, Aoki K, Misumi J.
Inner Mongolia Medical College, Huhehaote City, Inner Mongolia, China. [email protected]

Abstract

We have studied the effect of sodium acetate exposure on the viability and proliferative activity of cultured human gastric adenocarcinoma epithelial (AGS) cells and changes in the release of proinflammatory cytokines. We evaluated the levels of IL-6, TNF-alpha, IL-8, and IL-1beta in cell culture supernatants using enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays, and cytokine mRNA levels were measured in whole cells using reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction. We also measured cytokine levels in mice using immunohistochemistry. In vitro studies demonstrated that incubation with sodium acetate (up to 12.5 mM) for 72 h stimulated AGS cell viability and proliferation in a dose-dependent manner; however, incubation with >12.5 mM sodium acetate inhibited cell growth, also in a dose-dependent manner (the largest decrease in viability was >50%). Incubation with sodium acetate for 24 h increased the levels of IL-1beta, IL-8, and TNF-alpha protein and mRNAs (IL-6 was detected but its mRNA was not). The effect of sodium acetate on the expression of these cytokines in cell culture was verified in mice. Our data suggest that ingestion of high concentrations of sodium acetate in food has cytotoxic effects.

Source: Effect of sodium acetate on cell proliferation and induction of proinflammatory cytokines: a preliminary evaluation. - PubMed - NCBI

Acetate-induced apoptosis in colorectal carcinoma cells involves lysosomal membrane permeabilization and cathepsin D release

Published: 21 February 2013
Cell Death & Disease volume 4, page e507 (2013)
C Marques, C S F Oliveira, S Alves, S R Chaves, O P Coutinho, M Côrte-Real & A Preto

Abstract

Colorectal carcinoma (CRC) is one of the most common causes of cancer-related mortality. Short-chain fatty acids secreted by dietary propionibacteria from the intestine, such as acetate, induce apoptosis in CRC cells and may therefore be relevant in CRC prevention and therapy. We previously reported that acetic acid-induced apoptosis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae cells involves partial vacuole permeabilization and release of Pep4p, the yeast cathepsin D (CatD), which has a protective role in this process. In cancer cells, lysosomes have emerged as key players in apoptosis through selective lysosomal membrane permeabilization (LMP) and release of cathepsins. However, the role of CatD in CRC survival is controversial and has not been assessed in response to acetate. We aimed to ascertain whether LMP and CatD are involved in acetate-induced apoptosis in CRC cells. We showed that acetate per se inhibits proliferation and induces apoptosis. More importantly, we uncovered that acetate triggers LMP and CatD release to the cytosol. Pepstatin A (a CatD inhibitor) but not E64d (a cathepsin B and L inhibitor) increased acetate-induced apoptosis of CRC cells, suggesting that CatD has a protective role in this process. Our data indicate that acetate induces LMP and subsequent release of CatD in CRC cells undergoing apoptosis, and suggest exploiting novel strategies using acetate as a prevention/therapeutic agent in CRC, through simultaneous treatment with CatD inhibitors.

Source: https://www.nature.com/articles/cddis201329

Apoptotic effect of sodium acetate on a human gastric adenocarcinoma epithelial cell line
Genet. Mol. Res. 15 (4): gmr.15048375 Published October 5, 2016
DOI http://dx.doi.org/10.4238/gmr.15048375
Y. Xia1 *, X.L. Zhang2 *, F. Jin3 *, Q.X. Wang1 , R. Xiao1 , Z.H. Hao4 , Q.D. Gui5 and J. Sun1
1 Inner Mongolia Medical University, Hohhot, China 2 Capital Medical University, Beijing, China 3 Inner Mongolia Vocational College of Chemical Engineering, Hohhot, China 4 Inner Mongolia People’s Hospital, Hohhot, China 5 International Mongolia Hospital of Inner Mongolia, China

ABSTRACT

The objective of this study was to investigate the effect of sodium acetate on the viability of the human gastric adenocarcinoma (AGS) epithelial cell line. AGS cells were exposed to a range of concentrations of sodium acetate for different periods of time, and the sodium acetate-induced cytotoxic effects, including cell viability, DNA fragmentation, apoptotic gene expression, and caspase activity, were assessed. The changes in these phenotypes were quantified by performing a lactate dehydrogenase cell viability assay, annexin V staining, terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase-mediated dUTP nickend labeling (TUNEL), and several caspase activity assays. In vitro studies demonstrated that the cytotoxicity of sodium acetate on the AGS cell line were dose- and time-dependent manners. No differences were found between the negative control and sodium acetate-treated cells stained with annexin V and subjected to the TUNEL assay. However, caspase-3 activity was increased in AGS cells exposed to sodium acetate. Overall, it was concluded that sodium acetate exerted an apoptotic effect in AGS cells via a caspase-dependent apoptotic pathway.

Source: http://www.funpecrp.com.br/gmr/year2016/vol15-4/pdf/gmr8375.pdf

Acetate Supplementation Induces Growth Arrest of NG2/PDGFRα-Positive Oligodendroglioma-Derived Tumor-Initiating Cells

Published: November 20, 2013 Acetate Supplementation Induces Growth Arrest of NG2/PDGFRα-Positive Oligodendroglioma-Derived Tumor-Initiating Cells
Patrick M. Long, Scott W. Tighe, Heather E. Driscoll, John R. Moffett, Aryan M. A. Namboodiri, Mariano S. Viapiano, Sean E. Lawler, Diane M. Jaworski
Research article - Peer-reviewed

Abstract

Cancer is associated with globally hypoacetylated chromatin and considerable attention has recently been focused on epigenetic therapies. N-acetyl-L-aspartate (NAA), the primary storage form of acetate in the brain, and aspartoacylase (ASPA), the enzyme responsible for NAA catalysis to generate acetate and ultimately acetyl-Coenzyme A for histone acetylation, are reduced in oligodendroglioma. The short chain triglyceride glyceryl triacetate (GTA), which increases histone acetylation and inhibits histone deacetylase expression, has been safely used for acetate supplementation in Canavan disease, a leukodystrophy due to ASPA mutation. We demonstrate that GTA induces cytostatic G0 growth arrest of oligodendroglioma-derived cells in vitro, without affecting normal cells. Sodium acetate, at doses comparable to that generated by complete GTA catalysis, but not glycerol also promoted growth arrest, whereas long chain triglycerides promoted cell growth. To begin to elucidate its mechanism of action, the effects of GTA on ASPA and acetyl-CoA synthetase protein levels and differentiation of established human oligodendroglioma cells (HOG and Hs683) and primary tumor-derived oligodendroglioma cells that exhibit some features of cancer stem cells (grade II OG33 and grade III OG35) relative to an oligodendrocyte progenitor line (Oli-Neu) were examined. The nuclear localization of ASPA and acetyl-CoA synthetase-1 in untreated cells was regulated during the cell cycle. GTA-mediated growth arrest was not associated with apoptosis or differentiation, but increased expression of acetylated proteins. Thus, GTA-mediated acetate supplementation may provide a safe, novel epigenetic therapy to reduce the growth of oligodendroglioma cells without affecting normal neural stem or oligodendrocyte progenitor cell proliferation or differentiation.

Source: Acetate Supplementation Induces Growth Arrest of NG2/PDGFRα-Positive Oligodendroglioma-Derived Tumor-Initiating Cells

Triacetin‐based acetate supplementation as a chemotherapeutic adjuvant therapy in glioma
Cancer Cell Biology
First published: 30 August 2013 https://doi.org/10.1002/ijc.28465
Andrew R. Tsen Patrick M. Long Heather E. Driscoll Matthew T. Davies Benjamin A. Teasdale Paul L. Penar William W. Pendlebury Jeffrey L. Spees Sean E. Lawler Mariano S. Viapiano Diane M. Jaworski

Abstract

Cancer is associated with epigenetic (i.e., histone hypoacetylation) and metabolic (i.e., aerobic glycolysis) alterations. Levels of N‐acetyl‐l‐aspartate (NAA), the primary storage form of acetate in the brain, and aspartoacylase (ASPA), the enzyme responsible for NAA catalysis to generate acetate, are reduced in glioma; yet, few studies have investigated acetate as a potential therapeutic agent. This preclinical study sought to test the efficacy of the food additive Triacetin (glyceryl triacetate, GTA) as a novel therapy to increase acetate bioavailability in glioma cells. The growth‐inhibitory effects of GTA, compared to the histone deacetylase inhibitor Vorinostat (SAHA), were assessed in established human glioma cell lines (HOG and Hs683 oligodendroglioma, U87 and U251 glioblastoma) and primary tumor‐derived glioma stem‐like cells (GSCs), relative to an oligodendrocyte progenitor line (Oli‐Neu), normal astrocytes, and neural stem cells (NSCs) in vitro. GTA was also tested as a chemotherapeutic adjuvant with temozolomide (TMZ) in orthotopically grafted GSCs. GTA‐induced cytostatic growth arrest in vitro comparable to Vorinostat, but, unlike Vorinostat, GTA did not alter astrocyte growth and promoted NSC expansion. GTA alone increased survival of mice engrafted with glioblastoma GSCs and potentiated TMZ to extend survival longer than TMZ alone. GTA was most effective on GSCs with a mesenchymal cell phenotype. Given that GTA has been chronically administered safely to infants with Canavan disease, a leukodystrophy due to ASPA mutation, GTA‐mediated acetate supplementation may provide a novel, safe chemotherapeutic adjuvant to reduce the growth of glioma tumors, most notably the more rapidly proliferating, glycolytic and hypoacetylated mesenchymal glioma tumors.

Source: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/ijc.28465

Decrease of breast cancer cell invasiveness by sodium phenylacetate (NaPa) is associated with an increased expression of adhesive molecules
British Journal of Cancer (2001) 84(6), 802–807 © 2001 Cancer Research Campaign doi: 10.1054/ bjoc.2000.1648
M Vasse1, D Thibout2, J Paysant1, E Legrand1, C Soria1,3 and M Crépin2
1Laboratoire DIFEMA, Groupe de Recherche MERCI, Faculté de Médecine et Pharmacie de Rouen, 22 Bd Gambetta, 76183 Rouen Cedex, France; 2UPRES 2360, équipe d’Oncologie Cellulaire et Moléculaire, SMBH Université de Paris 13, 74 rue Marcel Cachin, 93017 Bobigny Cedex, France; 3U353, Hôpital St Louis, 1 avenue Claude Vellefaux, 75475 Paris Cedex 10, France

Summary

Sodium phenylacetate (NaPa), a non-toxic phenylalanine metabolite, has been shown to induce in vivo and in vitro cytostatic and antiproliferative effects on various cell types. In this work, we analysed the effect of NaPa on the invasiveness of breast cancer cell (MDAMB-231, MCF-7 and MCF-7 ras). Using the highly invasive breast cancer cell line MDA-MB-231, we demonstrated that an 18-hour incubation with NaPa strongly inhibits the cell invasiveness through Matrigel (86% inhibition at 20 mM of NaPa). As cell invasiveness is greatly influenced by the expression of urokinase (u-PA) and its cell surface receptor (u-PAR) as well as the secretion of matrix metalloproteinases (MMP), we tested the effect of NaPa on these parameters. An 18-hour incubation with NaPa did not modify u-PA expression, either on MDAMB-231 or on MCF-7 and MCF-7 ras cell lines, and induced a small u-PA decrease after 3 days of treatment of MDA-MB-321 with NaPa. In contrast, an 18 h incubation of MDA-MB-231 increased the expression of u-PAR and the secretion of MMP-9. As u-PAR is a ligand for vitronectin, a composant of the extracellular matrix, these data could explain the increased adhesion of MDA-MB-231 to vitronectin, while cell adhesivity of MCF-7 and MCF-7 ras was unmodified by NaPa treatment. NaPa induced also an increased expression of both Lymphocyte Function-Associated-1 (LFA-1) and Intercellular Adhesion Molecule-1 (ICAM-1), which was obvious from 18 hour incubation with NaPa for the MDA-MB-231 cells, but was delayed (3 days) for MCF-7 and MCF-7 ras. Only neutralizing antibodies against LFA-1 reversed the decreased invasiveness of NaPa-treated cells. Therefore we can conclude that the strong inhibition of MDA-MB-231 invasiveness is not due to a decrease in proteases involved in cell migration (u-PA and MMP) but could be related both to the modification of cell structure and an increased expression of adhesion molecules such as u-PAR and LFA-1. © 2001 Cancer Research Campaign http://www.bjcancer.com

Source: http://europepmc.org/backend/ptpmcrender.fcgi?accid=PMC2363819&blobtype=pdf

Also several interesting, related studies: ATP citrate lyase inhibition can suppress tumor cell growth, ATP-Citrate Lyase Links Cellular Metabolism to Histone Acetylation,
An acidic environment leads to p53 dependent induction of apoptosis in human adenoma and carcinoma cell lines: implications for clonal selection during colorectal carcinogenesis,
Chronic autophagy is a cellular adaptation to tumor acidic pH microenvironments. - PubMed - NCBI, ATP-Citrate Lyase Controls a Glucose-to-Acetate Metabolic Switch, Dichloroacetate shifts the metabolism from glycolysis to glucose oxidation and exhibits synergistic growth inhibition with cisplatin in HeLa cells. - PubMed - NCBI (Dichloroacetate did not work, according to Ted),
ACSS2-mediated acetyl-CoA synthesis from acetate is necessary for human cytomegalovirus infection

Also this study is relevant which shows a possible con of acetate, in mice:

Glucose-independent Acetate Metabolism Promotes Melanoma Cell Survival and Tumor Growth*

Abstract

Tumors rely on multiple nutrients to meet cellular bioenergetics and macromolecular synthesis demands of rapidly dividing cells. Although the role of glucose and glutamine in cancer metabolism is well understood, the relative contribution of acetate metabolism remains to be clarified. We show that glutamine supplementation is not sufficient to prevent loss of cell viability in a subset of glucose-deprived melanoma cells, but synergizes with acetate to support cell survival. Glucose-deprived melanoma cells depend on both oxidative phosphorylation and acetate metabolism for cell survival. Acetate supplementation significantly contributed to maintenance of ATP levels in glucose-starved cells. Unlike acetate, short chain fatty acids such as butyrate and propionate failed to prevent loss of cell viability from glucose deprivation. In vivo studies revealed that in addition to nucleo-cytoplasmic acetate assimilating enzyme ACSS2, mitochondrial ACSS1 was critical for melanoma tumor growth in mice. Our data indicate that acetate metabolism may be a potential therapeutic target for BRAF mutant melanoma.

Source: Glucose-independent Acetate Metabolism Promotes Melanoma Cell Survival and Tumor Growth

And this one on sodium acetate alkalizing urine in salicylate toxicity which could shed some light on its effects on pH:

Sodium Acetate as an Alkalinizing Agent for Salicylate Intoxication: A Case Report

Abstract

Background: Urine and serum alkalization with sodium bicarbonate (NaHCO3) is the initial treatment for salicylate toxicity. Due to medication shortages, sufficient quantities of NaHCO3 may not be available and alternative treatments may be needed.

Case Report: This is an observational case report of a man who presented with chronic, inadvertent aspirin intoxication. Initially, we used a NaHCO3 continuous intravenous (IV) infusion until the hospital ran out of NaHCO3. Thereafter, the NaHCO3 IV infusion was replaced with a sodium acetate (SA) continuous IV infusion.

“Why should an emergency physician be aware of this?” Sodium acetate’s role in serum and urine alkalization for drug intoxications is not well understood. Physiologically, SA is converted to acetyl-coA and processed through the Krebs cycle, producing CO2 and later bicarbonate via carbonic anhydrase. In severe salicylism, key enzymes of the Krebs cycle are inhibited, ultimately forming lactate and preventing the conversion of SA to bicarbonate. We hypothesize that in our patient, the Krebs cycle continued to function as evidenced by the normal lactate level, suggesting a mild to moderate degree of chronic salicylate toxicity. At such levels, SA appears to be an effective means of serum and urine alkalization.

Source: Sodium Acetate as an Alkalinizing Agent for Salicylate Intoxication: A Case Report

Former RP forum user @natedawggh has listed sodium acetate in his "How I beat cancer list" on his website, The Blog. A citation from the source by him:

But the use of sodium acetate can help combat lactic acid excess. Sodium acetate is also a part of my approach to SIBO and metabolic disease (and the recipe is in that chapter too). By helping to reduce lactic acid it can help remove conditions which promote cancer growth. But acetic acid also promotes the formation of steroids and the healthy formation of cholesterol, among many other benefits which can help in cancer recovery.

Source: Cancer

Also interesting study: Electro-activation of potassium acetate, potassium citrate and calcium lactate: impact on solution acidity, Redox potential, vibrational properties of Raman spectra and antibacterial activity on E. coli O157:H7 at ambient temperature.

Last edited:

Obi-wan

Plus cancer does not feed on sodium it feeds on glucose, fats and amino acids...especially Linoleic acid, methionine, and lysine. Sodium is used to make the cell swell along with bulk water...

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Wouldn't these acetobacter species just add to the endotoxin burden of the gut? (From a Peat perspective) Curious.
Ray (from my perspective) educates people to think more deeply about the current health dogma and question everything. Imo getting some bacteria is largely unavoidable and it's the probiotic craze that has people pounding microbes indiscriminately that's the real issue. I would use antimicrobial fibers as a general health measure though if it were me.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I'm sorry if you've already given this information but exactly how much ACV and baking soda are you using per serving and per day? I think this is something I can tell my dad about that he might actually do. He has prostate cancer too and is doing watchful waiting while taking care of my mom who is on hospice. He needs something simple and inexpensive! Thanks

B

Braveheart

Yes, right now still...have one bottle in glass...all now plastic here and quality..?...Ted prefers lemon/lime and gives reasons.

a few quick comments from him....

"So take baking soda and lime juice is a simple way to balance the citrate and sulfate in our body.

This simple formula will normalized many biological parameters, pH, ORP, phosphates, bicarbonates and antioxidants of vitamin C. A potential miracle water. One whole lemon freshly squeezed. Keep adding baking soda slowly bit by bit until the fizz stops. Then you will add water to one half glass. This is often taken twice a day. To be taken once in the morning and once before bedtime on an empty stomach.

The lime formula is the one I actually used in Bangkok and all measurements that normalized many biological parameters were based on lime formula. The reason is simple: lemon is non-existent in Bangkok. We use only lime. One whole lime freshly squeezed. Keep adding baking soda slowly bit by bit until the fizz stops. Then you will add water to one half glass. This is often taken either twice a day on an empty stomach, once in the morning and once before bedtime.
Note: Basically, lemon/lime juice idea is also good for people who fear some sodium retention issues. Since the lemon is already high on potassium, adding the sodium to neutralize the acid along the way will also create a sodium potassium balance.

In my opinion the best formula to use is the lime-baking soda formula, after drinking it many biological terrain parameters would be normalized the best.

the body responds better to the lemon, perhaps because of the addition of the vitamin C too, and that citric acid in the lemon juice is a more effective chelators of calcium and some heavy metals,"

Beautiful limes here and ACV is commercial stuff in cheap plastic, of all things...Ted also uses simple vinegar....Like you, I'm a work in progress...this was on my list for a long time and this thread pushed it to the fore...

Obi-wan

I'm sorry if you've already given this information but exactly how much ACV and baking soda are you using per serving and per day? I think this is something I can tell my dad about that he might actually do. He has prostate cancer too and is doing watchful waiting while taking care of my mom who is on hospice. He needs something simple and inexpensive! Thanks
Sure Blossom, 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of Baking soda to 2 tablespoon's of ACV (Braggs) in 8 ounces of water. Stir, watch the fizz (hydrogen). When the fizz stops drink it down. Minutes later you burp especially if close to a meal that was eaten. I do 3x per day. ENERGY! now sip Oxidal in water afterward...Clear Breathing, MORE ENERGY. Your dad will start cleaning the house...

Obi-wan

Yes, right now still...have one bottle in glass...all now plastic here and quality..?...Ted prefers lemon/lime and gives reasons.

"So take baking soda and lime juice is a simple way to balance the citrate and sulfate in our body.

This simple formula will normalized many biological parameters, pH, ORP, phosphates, bicarbonates and antioxidants of vitamin C. A potential miracle water. One whole lemon freshly squeezed. Keep adding baking soda slowly bit by bit until the fizz stops. Then you will add water to one half glass. This is often taken twice a day. To be taken once in the morning and once before bedtime on an empty stomach.

The lime formula is the one I actually used in Bangkok and all measurements that normalized many biological parameters were based on lime formula. The reason is simple: lemon is non-existent in Bangkok. We use only lime. One whole lime freshly squeezed. Keep adding baking soda slowly bit by bit until the fizz stops. Then you will add water to one half glass. This is often taken either twice a day on an empty stomach, once in the morning and once before bedtime.
Note: Basically, lemon/lime juice idea is also good for people who fear some sodium retention issues. Since the lemon is already high on potassium, adding the sodium to neutralize the acid along the way will also create a sodium potassium balance.

In my opinion the best formula to use is the lime-baking soda formula, after drinking it many biological terrain parameters would be normalized the best.

the body responds better to the lemon, perhaps because of the addition of the vitamin C too, and that citric acid in the lemon juice is a more effective chelators of calcium and some heavy metals,"

Beautiful limes here and ACV is commercial stuff in cheap plastic, of all things...Ted also uses simple vinegar....Like you, I'm a work in progress...this was on my list for a long time and this thread pushed it to the fore...
Braggs ACV with mother...the best. The rest is worthless...order online. Sorry that was never mentioned. Go to their website Bragg Live Foods, Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar, Bragg Liquid Aminos,Systemic Enzymes, Bragg Live Organic Food Products, Patricia Bragg, Paul Bragg, Bragg Organic Olive Oil, Bragg Salad Dressings, Bragg Seasonings, Bragg Health Products

Remember it is about the potassium ion for a hyperpolarized cell

Last edited:

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Sure Blossom, 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of Baking soda to 2 tablespoon's of ACV (Braggs) in 8 ounces of water. Stir, watch the fizz (hydrogen). When the fizz stops drink it down. Minutes later you burp especially if close to a meal that was eaten. I do 3x per day. ENERGY! now sip Oxidal in water afterward...Clear Breathing, MORE ENERGY. Your dad will start cleaning the house...
Thank you!:cheers

B

Braveheart

Thanks...I followed Bragg 40 years ago...and unfortunately ignored his advice...My source for all things not ILabs is Vitacost and they carry it...heavy and shipping?...will see...still studying...like the lime...like to keep all this health stuff as simple and natural as possible...thanks Amigo!

Obi-wan

@TreasureVibe said "After taking it, I noticed pain relief in my right shoulder and lung, where I've always had a cough and pain for 2 years now. Also internal congestion inside the lung felt like it was dissolving, and things were going down there I felt. I also felt a bit more energetic, and a bit more clarity. Breathing also feels more pleasant, and this stiffness of my right shoulder also seems to disappear somewhat. All in all this first glass was a success and I plan on doing it more."

This is great!!!

Obi-wan

Per Wikipedia-
Function in animals[edit]
Potassium is the major cation (positive ion) inside animal cells, while sodium is the major cation outside animal cells. The difference between the concentrations of these charged particles causes a difference in electric potential between the inside and outside of cells, known as the membrane potential. The balance between potassium and sodium is maintained by ion transporters in the cell membrane. All potassium ion channels are tetramers with several conserved secondary structural elements. A number of potassium channel structures have been solved including voltage gated,[4][5][6] ligand gated,[7][8][9][10][11] tandem-pore,[12][13][14] and inwardly rectifying channels,[15][16][17][18][19] from prokaryotes and eukaryotes. The cell membrane potential created by potassium and sodium ions allows the cell to generate an action potential—a "spike" of electrical discharge. The ability of cells to produce electrical discharge is critical for body functions such as neurotransmission, muscle contraction, and heart function.[20] -How many young men are getting heart attacks...

Then this-
The high concentration of potassium in plants means that heavy crop production rapidly depletes soils of potassium, and agricultural fertilizers consume 93% of the potassium chemical production of the modern world economy.

More-
The U.S. Institute of Medicine (IOM) sets Estimated Average Requirements (EARs) and Recommended Dietary Allowances (RDAs), or Adequate Intakes (AIs) for when there is not sufficient information to set EARs and RDAs. Collectively the EARs, RDAs, AIs and ULs are referred to as Dietary Reference Intakes. The current AI for potassium for women and men ages 14 and up is 4700 mg. -That's a lot of potassium!

Food sources[edit]
Eating a variety of foods that contain potassium is the best way to get an adequate amount. Foods with high sources of potassium include kiwifruit, orange juice, potatoes, bananas, coconut, avocados, apricots, parsnips and turnips, although many other fruits, vegetables, legumes, and meats contain potassium.

Common foods very high in potassium:[25]

• beans (white beans and others), dark leafy greens (spinach, Swiss chard, and others), baked potatoes, dried fruit (apricots, peaches, prunes, raisins; figs and dates), baked squash, yogurt, fish (salmon), avocado, and banana;
  • nuts (pistachios, almonds, walnuts, etc.) and seeds (squash, pumpkin, sunflower)
The most concentrated foods (per 100 grams) are:[25]

• dried herbs, sun dried tomatoes, dark chocolate, whey powder, paprika, yeast extract, rice bran, molasses, and dry roasted soybeans
Insufficient intake[edit]
Adult women in the United States consume on average half the AI, for men two-thirds. For all adults, fewer than 5% exceed the AI.[29] Similarly, in the European Union, insufficient potassium intake is widespread.[30] -WOW!!!

Last edited:

Obi-wan

Per Ted " the apple cider vinegar in alkaline form has a millivolt charge of over -200 easy." Remember This is what it's all about...

To prevent scurvy during the 19th century, British sailors were issued a daily allowance of citrus, such as lemon, and later switched to lime.[9] The use of citrus was initially a closely guarded military secret, as scurvy was a common scourge of various national navies, and the ability to remain at sea for lengthy periods without contracting the disorder was a huge benefit for the military. The British sailor thus acquired the nickname, "Limey" because of their usage of limes.[10]

@bzmazu lets not get to limey...

Last edited:

Obi-wan

Thanks...I followed Bragg 40 years ago...and unfortunately ignored his advice...My source for all things not ILabs is Vitacost and they carry it...heavy and shipping?...will see...still studying...like the lime...like to keep all this health stuff as simple and natural as possible...thanks Amigo!
Lemon has
Potassium
3%
138 mg
The juice of the lemon is about 5% to 6% citric acid, with a pH of around 2.2, giving it a sour taste

Lemons are a rich source of vitamin C, providing 64% of the Daily Value in a 100 g serving (table). Other essential nutrients, however, have insignificant content (table).

Lemons contain numerous phytochemicals, including polyphenols, terpenes, and tannins.[14] Lemon juice contains slightly more citric acid than lime juice (about 47 g/l), nearly twice the citric acid of grapefruit juice, and about five times the amount of citric acid found in orange juice.[15]

Limes have
Potassium
2%
102 mg
Limes have higher contents of sugars and acids than lemons do.

B

Braveheart

Lemon has
Potassium
3%
138 mg
The juice of the lemon is about 5% to 6% citric acid, with a pH of around 2.2, giving it a sour taste

Lemons are a rich source of vitamin C, providing 64% of the Daily Value in a 100 g serving (table). Other essential nutrients, however, have insignificant content (table).

Lemons contain numerous phytochemicals, including polyphenols, terpenes, and tannins.[14] Lemon juice contains slightly more citric acid than lime juice (about 47 g/l), nearly twice the citric acid of grapefruit juice, and about five times the amount of citric acid found in orange juice.[15]

Limes have
Potassium
2%
102 mg
Limes have higher contents of sugars and acids than lemons do.
notice some people combine lime and acv?

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Yay!!! I hope it's gone for good.:clap

@TreasureVibe said "After taking it, I noticed pain relief in my right shoulder and lung, where I've always had a cough and pain for 2 years now. Also internal congestion inside the lung felt like it was dissolving, and things were going down there I felt. I also felt a bit more energetic, and a bit more clarity. Breathing also feels more pleasant, and this stiffness of my right shoulder also seems to disappear somewhat. All in all this first glass was a success and I plan on doing it more."

This is great!!!
Thanks for the kind words! It's not gone completely, but the presence of the "condition" seems to have taken a punch, and feels alot less present now. The pain has also went down a bit, permanently. Overall from what I can say is, things feel a bit more friendly now. A sense of cellular healing/health in the painful area is noticeable. I notice I have more energy too. For only one mug of apple cider vinegar and sodium bicarbonate that's pretty impressive. I think that taking it over a period of time can improve things permanently, but we will have to see. It looks like a good metabolic cocktail with electrical implication. The Pantellini example comes to mind, Pantellini's friend who's stomach cancer dissapeared after only taking lemon juice with potassium bicarbonate for some months.

What I'm thinking right now is, something that I've kept seeing in the literature of cancer, is that when cancer is aggravated, it becomes more aggressive and starts to grow. "Rebound proliferation" or so to speak. Also, although I haven't yet read an example of aggravation-induced metastasis, this too could theoretically not be fully impossible. Ray Peat wrote that cancer tumors regrow cells at a very fast rate just like organs, and especially when cell death (apoptosis) occurs. So when you're starting to fight cancer, you really have to give it all you've got, taking all measures possible, to avoid aggravation risks. Although the electrical theory does seem to imply that at a certain voltage, proliferation does not occur. Which is something that should be upheld daily in order to have therapeutic effect, imo.

I am wondering, isn't (buffered/alkalized) potassium acetate the true cancer-fighter, which is both toxic to the cell through its potassium, and alters the voltage of the cell for proliferation arrest/possible apoptosis? What if sodium acetate is a good adjuvant in a way, but doesn't pack the punch required to really make the cancer regress, and can possibly induce "rebound proliferation"/cancer aggravation? It could technically be said for potassium acetate too however, even if potassium acetate is more effective than sodium acetate on cell level toxicity.

I also have a feeling with treatments such as these for cancer, that just as in IP6 which Shamsuddin said of, that when you start it, you have to continue it, else the cancer/tumor could potentially become very aggressive "agitated" and come back worse. Again, the aforementioned "rebound proliferation".

It's like rolling a big heavy ball up a big hill. If you just roll it up the hill for 10 meters and then stop, the ball could possibly roll back off the hill in a very fierce way.

Sodium acetate was also implied in tumor growth and survival in the following animal mutated melanoma: Glucose-independent Acetate Metabolism Promotes Melanoma Cell Survival and Tumor Growth

Also I get the overall feeling that a tumor/cancer is somehow "commanded" by somewhat intelligent pathogens, who basically hijack a part of the body to make their own sugar-craving/prebiotic-craving party. Therefore if the pathogens notice that attempts are being made to end their party, they will react aggressively and grow the tumor in order to counter that. Making cancer "pathogenic hedonism". Just a theory, but it can be imaginable.

I have potassium bicarbonate capsules here at home, but they also contain magnesium stearate and I don't like having the magnesium ending up in the system as well, because I'm unsure what role magnesium plays in the electrical dynamics of cancer cells.

Also would like this post to be seen by @Blossom, when thinking of giving it to your father. We don't want to wake any sleeping giants! Thinking things out clearly, is a must.

Ray (from my perspective) educates people to think more deeply about the current health dogma and question everything. Imo getting some bacteria is largely unavoidable and it's the probiotic craze that has people pounding microbes indiscriminately that's the real issue. I would use antimicrobial fibers as a general health measure though if it were me.

I agree on the antimicrobial fibers. I wonder what the difference would be of apple cider vinegar without a mother (your usual supermarket apple cider vinegar) and apple cider vinegar with a mother (Braggs apple cider vinegar for example) when it comes to making the potassium acetate and sodium acetate, with sodium bicarbonate.

I also still think that it is not unwise to study potassium bicarbonate + apple cider vinegar more, and perhaps potassium acetate by itself!

Also, what again were the pros of acetate compared to ascorbate?

Ray Peat did mention that citric acid could awake dormant cancer cells (again, "rebound proliferation" being described here), and that citric acid excretes calcium from the body, which is also said here by Ted.

I've also noticed that alot of cancer meds, contain acetate. Firmagon is an example. In the case of sodium acetate, what will the sodium do afterwards? The sodium might just contribute to more edema of the cell, which could mess with the voltage again in a bad way, or cause something else that's bad. Ted mentioned that the cancer cell needs sodium in order to feed itself with glucose.

Killing cancer cells is not enough, and might even be bad if it could potentiate cancer aggravation and rebound proliferation/metastasis, making the outcome of the disease worse.

In that sense, sodium acetate could represent a soft and gentle regression/remission of cancer, that is not as agitating to the cancer cells because the sodium is what they like.

Remember, cancer is a systemic disease, not a localized disease!

You could say, cancer is a gap that occurs in the body's forcefield protecting against pathogens, which after pathogens start migrating to the tissue that's not protected by the forcefield anymore, take over the cells, and then start growing a tumor. (pathogenic hedonism)

In my opinion, the forcefield of the body comprises so far of what I know of:
The immune system
Electricity
Oxygen
Nitrogen
Carbon dioxide
Metabolism
Body temperature
Healthy hormone balance
Healthy Pancreas
Healthy detox organs (lymphatic system, liver, kidneys, intestines)
Essential vitamins and minerals
Anti-pathogenic diet

Prostate cancer might be an exception, because it lays so near hormone secreting glands, contains alot of polyamines and has alot of veins present.

Last edited:

Obi-wan

I do a lot more than ACV/BS...just came in from trimming hedges for 3 hours...you need to follow my posts. Firmagon shuts down LH and FSH

OP
T

TreasureVibe

I do a lot more than ACV/BS...just came in from trimming hedges for 3 hours...
I know you do, LOL, great! Good going! Just feels great you're doing so well Obi!

you need to follow my posts. Firmagon shuts down LH and FSH

I do follow your posts, these write-ups of mine are more of a general theory, trying to get an unifying theory on cancer and for others to perhaps see details of this or that that may spark an idea in their mind on cancer. Trying to get the bigger picture of cancer essentially! Firmagon might not be an example of acetate being directly used to make the drug work, but I recall other cancer drugs that have acetate too. So far most seem like hormone altering drugs, that don't have any direct use for the acetate though. The presence of acetate in those drugs might be coincidental, it might be not, but insignificant to this topic's theory.

So far we have to take Ted's word for it that voltage alteration is responsible for apoptosis too. I would like to see a study that shows that! There's studies that show acetate can induce apoptosis through various pathways, but not as far as I know through voltage, yet. We do have studies that show proliferation arrest through voltage!

What do you think of the cancer aggravation and rebound proliferation theory? And the role of anti-cancer agents that do less and do more, like sodium acetate and potassium acetate?

You're probably happy enough that you have something that feels for you as if it's working, and I just want to make sure that it actually does, and that it's safe!

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.1033.3113&rep=rep1&type=pdf is a very interesting read. Very technical.

"Membrane potential (Vm), the voltage across the plasma membrane, arises because of the presence of different ion channels/transporters with specific ion selectivity and permeability. Vm is a key biophysical signal in non-excitable cells, modulating important cellular activities, such as proliferation and differentiation. Therefore, the multiplicities of various ion channels/transporters expressed on different cells are finely tuned in order to regulate the Vm. It is well-established that cancer cells possess distinct bioelectrical properties. Notably, electrophysiological analyses in many cancer cell types have revealed a depolarized Vm that favors cell proliferation. Ion channels/transporters control cell volume and migration, and emerging data also suggest that the level of Vm has functional roles in cancer cell migration. In addition, hyperpolarization is necessary for stem cell differentiation. For example, both osteogenesis and adipogenesis are hindered in human mesenchymal stem cells (hMSCs) under depolarizing conditions. Therefore, in the context of cancer, membrane depolarization might be important for the emergence and maintenance of cancer stem cells (CSCs), giving rise to sustained tumor growth. This review aims to provide a broad understanding of the Vm as a bioelectrical signal in cancer cells by examining several key types of ion channels that contribute to its regulation. The mechanisms by which Vm regulates cancer cell proliferation, migration, and differentiation will be discussed. In the long term, Vm might be a valuable clinical marker for tumor detection with prognostic value, and could even be artificially modified in order to inhibit tumor growth and metastasis."

"The presence of various ion channels and transporters at the plasma membrane provides different permeability to distinct ions, such as Na+,K +, Ca 2+, and Cl −. Due to the unequal distribution of these ions, a voltage difference exists between the cytoplasm and the extracellular environment, which is known as the membrane potential (Vm). Vm is expressed relative to the extracellular environment. A cell is depolarized when the Vm is relatively less negative, whereas a hyperpolarized cell possesses a more negative Vm. Vm changes because of alterations in the conductance of one or more types of ion"

CANCER CELLS POSSESS DEPOLARIZED Vm

THIS says it all! We want a hyperpolarized cell which ACV (potassium acetate) and Baking soda will give. Now add a little Methylene Blue to the picture...-200 to -300 mVolts…

And then their is this "The second point and perhaps the most important point is DMSO (dimethyl sulfoxide) turns cancer cells into normal cells. The mechanism is fairly straightforward. Basically DMSO can enter cancer cells, but the DMSO takes WATER OUT from the cells and reduces their sodium content. When this is done, the cells are no longer waterlogged and normal respiration proceeds. Hence cells are no longer fermentative."

A loud cry to @haidut for a potassium acetate DMSO supplement...

I think I just summarized the title of this thread...Booyah!

This basically concludes it so far.

Edit and my mistake, you are correct I think, the bicarbonate is responsible for turning off the lactate forcefield, not the acetate. So the sodium/potassium bicarbonate is an essential part of this treatment.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals