Mucusless Diet Arnold ehret

Nik665

Anyone read the book by Arnold ehret on the mucusless diet? I was introduced to it by jodelle fit who is an avid ray peater. It was very interesting to hear the interview with her and professor spira as there are a lot of overlapping components such as easily digestible food aka fruit. No starches or low starches and understanding the meaning of a clean colon and balanced flora.

Would like to hear everyone’s take although I’m going to guess many will be against it because the mucusless diet does not promote eggs or dairy.

I was very please to see how open minded jodelle is

Jennifer

Anyone read the book by Arnold ehret on the mucusless diet? I was introduced to it by jodelle fit who is an avid ray peater. It was very interesting to hear the interview with her and professor spira as there are a lot of overlapping components such as easily digestible food aka fruit. No starches or low starches and understanding the meaning of a clean colon and balanced flora.

Would like to hear everyone’s take although I’m going to guess many will be against it because the mucusless diet does not promote eggs or dairy.

I was very please to see how open minded jodelle is

I’ve read it, and I’m familiar with professor spira. It was Arnold Ehret’s work that first introduced me to Natural Hygiene back in 2006ish and motivated me to follow a fruit-based diet. I followed the mucusless diet for years.

Layne

I read two of Arnold Ehret's books about 40 years ago, and was initially enthused about the potential for what it might do for my health. It didn't take me long to realize I couldn't survive on such a restricted diet, which I came to believe was not sustainable for the long haul. I then recently read that Steve Jobs (founder of Apple) was somewhat of an Arnold Ehret disciple, and experimented with a mostly fruit diet over many years.

Either he or others speculated that his high sugar diet based on fruits is what eventually stressed his pancreas, leading to pancreatic cancer. If you get a chance to look at some of the pictures of Arnold Ehret, he had sort of a "crazed" look about him. His eyes a little bulgy, and very different from most people. I think he probably led an unbalanced life, and eventually adopted an unbalanced diet. Just my take. I suspect however that eating a fruit-based diet for a few days could have some helpful benefits because it would likely take the body into a partial fasting mode.

OP
N

Nik665

I read two of Arnold Ehret's books about 40 years ago, and was initially enthused about the potential for what it might do for my health. It didn't take me long to realize I couldn't survive on such a restricted diet, which I came to believe was not sustainable for the long haul. I then recently read that Steve Jobs (founder of Apple) was somewhat of an Arnold Ehret disciple, and experimented with a mostly fruit diet over many years.

Either he or others speculated that his high sugar diet based on fruits is what eventually stressed his pancreas, leading to pancreatic cancer. If you get a chance to look at some of the pictures of Arnold Ehret, he had sort of a "crazed" look about him. His eyes a little bulgy, and very different from most people. I think he probably led an unbalanced life, and eventually adopted an unbalanced diet. Just my take. I suspect however that eating a fruit-based diet for a few days could have some helpful benefits because it would likely take the body into a partial fasting mode.
I think jobs was trying to cure his pancreatic cancer with fruit not the other way around

OP
N

Nik665

I think jobs was trying to cure his pancreatic cancer with fruit not the other way around
To me his eyes do not look bulgy at all they are a good size but not bulgy like you may see in people with thyroid issues

Attachments

• 49E9D4D2-F03A-418E-8A38-3C582DCF10AE.png
    49E9D4D2-F03A-418E-8A38-3C582DCF10AE.png
    342 KB · Views: 25
  • 7A9473D1-8AC8-4EBF-9582-CE7D4A867809.jpeg
    7A9473D1-8AC8-4EBF-9582-CE7D4A867809.jpeg
    15.8 KB · Views: 24

Lonewolfx

So... did it actually stop mucus production for any of you who tried it?

Endless, ridiculous amounts of thick mucus is probably in my top 3 issues.

Jennifer

So... did it actually stop mucus production for any of you who tried it?

Endless, ridiculous amounts of thick mucus is probably in my top 3 issues.

For me, it actually caused mucus, specifically in my eliminations. All the vegetable matter, and to a lesser extent the fruit fiber, I was eating in an attempt to get sufficient protein and minerals irritated my intestines and for the first time in my life I experienced diarrhea and with it came lots of mucus. It became so chronic that my doctor questioned if I had some kind of bacterial overgrowth and had me do a $500 comprehensive stool test through Genova Diagnostics and it came back negative, however, my liver got flagged, which I didn’t understand at the time, but do now. Blood work revealed I was protein deficient. Shortly after, my spine collapsed.

Could you be consuming something you’re sensitive/allergic to? I ask because I used to experience mucus in my throat, eyes and nose after consuming something I was allergic to.

Lonewolfx

For me, it actually caused mucus, specifically in my eliminations. All the vegetable matter, and to a lesser extent the fruit fiber, I was eating in an attempt to get sufficient protein and minerals irritated my intestines and for the first time in my life I experienced diarrhea and with it came lots of mucus. It became so chronic that my doctor questioned if I had some kind of bacterial overgrowth and had me do a $500 comprehensive stool test through Genova Diagnostics and it came back negative, however, my liver got flagged, which I didn’t understand at the time, but do now. Blood work revealed I was protein deficient. Shortly after, my spine collapsed.

Could you be consuming something you’re sensitive/allergic to? I ask because I used to experience mucus in my throat, eyes and nose after consuming something I was allergic to.

I've been like this for so long and over multiple different diets that I don't know what it could be.

Well, I lived in a black mold infested home for a few decades so maybe that's done something to my sinuses.

LizRey86

Ive read the book and listened to Prof Spira, Ive also attempted this but also developed a mild case of pancreatitis. there are also lots of podcasts by a guy named Mike Perrine that explains alot the principles. The youtube channel is called “everday detox”.

Although I somewhat believe in the Biblical aspect of a fruit based diet, its not really applicable to sick people. I think it creates more toxic load for your liver and kidneys to deal with and more discomfort in the immediate timeframe.

I believe a healthy person could slowly, gradually eat a MOSTLY mucusless diet but most people need to heal first and become robust enough to deal with the level of deep detoxification that that style of diet with unleash.

Also Ehret is big on fasting, so a slow metabolism would only become worse.

LizRey86

I almost forgot to mention that I still do follow the food combining principles and it helps alot with GI bloat and IBS. All in all not a bad book to read.

Jennifer

I've been like this for so long and over multiple different diets that I don't know what it could be.

Well, I lived in a black mold infested home for a few decades so maybe that's done something to my sinuses.

I empathize. I had developed so many food intolerances on the mucusless/frugivore diet that it made reintroducing new foods brutal. I didn’t know what was causing what. How long has it been since you lived in the mold infested home? I tested as having mold toxicity—if I recall correctly, 5x the upper limit—and cleared it in 3 months with herbal tinctures.

Layne

...we look back at Steve Jobs' crazy dietary beliefs that he followed for the better part of his life and was greatly influenced by a book written by German author Arnold Ehret entitled The Mucusless Diet Healing System. Ashton Kutcher followed the diet to get into the mood for the role and ended up in the emergency room for his efforts as his insulin levels fluctuated out of control. The actor lost 18 pounds to look the part of the thin Jobs and actually criticised the diet. '

[The book] talked about the value of grape sugar and that was probably the only pure sugar you could have in your body,' Kutcher told reporters during a Jobs press conference in New York City. 'I think the guy who wrote that book was pretty misinformed. My insulin levels got pretty messed up and my pancreas kind of went into some crazy, the levels were really off and it was painful. I didn't know what was wrong.' (Read: Healthy Eating - the right way to lose weight)

OP
N

Nik665

...we look back at Steve Jobs' crazy dietary beliefs that he followed for the better part of his life and was greatly influenced by a book written by German author Arnold Ehret entitled The Mucusless Diet Healing System. Ashton Kutcher followed the diet to get into the mood for the role and ended up in the emergency room for his efforts as his insulin levels fluctuated out of control. The actor lost 18 pounds to look the part of the thin Jobs and actually criticised the diet. '

[The book] talked about the value of grape sugar and that was probably the only pure sugar you could have in your body,' Kutcher told reporters during a Jobs press conference in New York City. 'I think the guy who wrote that book was pretty misinformed. My insulin levels got pretty messed up and my pancreas kind of went into some crazy, the levels were really off and it was painful. I didn't know what was wrong.' (Read: Healthy Eating - the right way to lose weight)

I am a scientist so open to severe experimentation as well as reading all kinds of books. I read Arnold ehrets book back to back twice. Very interesting take. It was even more ingesting that he had recipes which included cottage cheeee and mayonnaise. I have also read the Steve Jobs book by Isaacson where he mentions Steve would go from one extreme to another such as eating junk to then eating all carrots for days on ends. That is not part of the ehret protocol at all. In fact ehret critizises people who are extremists. He was an advocate of an extremely slow transitional diet. I understand why people assume that jobs followed ehrets protocol as that what the media has said, but the best way to find the truth is to read several books including jobs interviews and his books and comparing the actual ehret protocol. Jobs himself said he went into the system in a “nutso way” as he would do Apple fasts for weeks on end whoch again is not part of the ehret program. But still I testing to see and hear of people knocking the system without actually knowing what the system is. But I’ll assume it’s people with a slow metabolic rate. As ray peat used to say, people with slow metabolisms are less likely to question it all and they are resistant to change, resistant to question diferente methods and set in their ways as this is the way the body conserves energy in a depleted organism

I

OP
N

Nik665

I am a scientist so open to severe experimentation as well as reading all kinds of books. I read Arnold ehrets book back to back twice. Very interesting take. It was even more ingesting that he had recipes which included cottage cheeee and mayonnaise. I have also read the Steve Jobs book by Isaacson where he mentions Steve would go from one extreme to another such as eating junk to then. Not only
I am a scientist so open to severe experimentation as well as reading all kinds of books. I read Arnold ehrets book back to back twice. Very interesting take. It was even more ingesting that he had recipes which included cottage cheeee and mayonnaise. I have also read the Steve Jobs book by Isaacson where he mentions Steve would go from one extreme to another such as eating junk to then eating all carrots for days on ends. That is not part of the ehret protocol at all. In fact ehret critizises people who are extremists. He was an advocate of an extremely slow transitional diet. I understand why people assume that jobs followed ehrets protocol as that what the media has said, but the best way to find the truth is to read several books including jobs interviews and his books and comparing the actual ehret protocol. Jobs himself said he went into the system in a “nutso way” as he would do Apple fasts for weeks on end whoch again is not part of the ehret program. But still I testing to see and hear of people knocking the system without actually knowing what the system is. But I’ll assume it’s people with a slow metabolic rate. As ray peat used to say, people with slow metabolisms are less likely to question it all and they are resistant to change, resistant to question diferente methods and set in their ways as this is the way the body conserves energy in a depleted organism

I
not only that but Steve Jobs actually never followed the protocol in actuality as per ehret it does not include fish Steve Jobs' Chef | Steve Jobs and Japan | nobi.com (EN) | nobi.com jobs was known for loving his salmon and toro and hamachi often asking for 5 of each of the first two. This is so fish heavy so hard to know what else he was eating that was not in the protocol

Lonewolfx

I empathize. I had developed so many food intolerances on the mucusless/frugivore diet that it made reintroducing new foods brutal. I didn’t know what was causing what. How long has it been since you lived in the mold infested home? I tested as having mold toxicity—if I recall correctly, 5x the upper limit—and cleared it in 3 months with herbal tinctures.

I left that house about 8 years ago. What were the herbal tinctures that cleared it up for you?

Buckminster

I have listened to multiple spira interviews. He seems really cool and smart. I have a strange fascination with fruitarianism. I have listened to tons of fruitarian podcasts, watched many videos, and I'm in multiple fb groups. I collect fruit trees and am interested to see how fruit heavy my peaty diet could be. Even with all that effort I rarely hear fruitarians talk about fruit in an interesting and enlightening way. The most inspiring info I get to eat fruit is from Ray Peat.

Perhaps there is more to the mucusless diet than simply fruitarianism, I'd be curious to read Spira's book. But I have a habit of looking at public photos of hardcore fruitarians who are members of fruitarian fb groups, and it's disturbing how often they look so thin and sickly. Really sad actually. It can be hard to find photos of people that clearly show how thin they are, because it seems like most people are wearing lots of layers to stay warm, even when they are in the tropics.

Spira promotes lemon water enemas and attests to how powerful they are. I'm interested in trying them. I like studying different health scenes and think they have useful ideas that can be applied.

I'm interested in trying fruitarianism + 2 raw eggs a day + dairy.

They get a lot right, particularly low pufa (although unintentionally, and many fruitarians supplement with omega rich seeds to try to get 'EFAs'), low iron, low tryptophan, high carb. My thoughts to improve the diet would be Fruit based + fat soluable vitamin rich food + more protein.

Jennifer

I left that house about 8 years ago. What were the herbal tinctures that cleared it up for you?

I was following Dr. Robert Morse’s protocol at the time so I was taking a lot of herbal formulas, but I think the main ones that helped were his Heal All, Parasite G and M formulas. I took them in both tincture and capsule form. With the latter, I opened up the caps and dumped the herbs in some distilled water:

LizRey86

I have listened to multiple spira interviews. He seems really cool and smart. I have a strange fascination with fruitarianism. I have listened to tons of fruitarian podcasts, watched many videos, and I'm in multiple fb groups. I collect fruit trees and am interested to see how fruit heavy my peaty diet could be. Even with all that effort I rarely hear fruitarians talk about fruit in an interesting and enlightening way. The most inspiring info I get to eat fruit is from Ray Peat.

Perhaps there is more to the mucusless diet than simply fruitarianism, I'd be curious to read Spira's book. But I have a habit of looking at public photos of hardcore fruitarians who are members of fruitarian fb groups, and it's disturbing how often they look so thin and sickly. Really sad actually. It can be hard to find photos of people that clearly show how thin they are, because it seems like most people are wearing lots of layers to stay warm, even when they are in the tropics.

Spira promotes lemon water enemas and attests to how powerful they are. I'm interested in trying them. I like studying different health scenes and think they have useful ideas that can be applied.

They get a lot right, particularly low pufa (although unintentionally, and many fruitarians supplement with omega rich seeds to try to get 'EFAs'), low iron, low tryptophan, high carb. My thoughts to improve the diet would be Fruit based + fat soluable vitamin rich food + more protein.
I am equally interested in fruitarianism unfortunately I developed pancreatitis symptoms when I tried it because I jumped into it too fast, but I did keep some eggs in the diet also.

OP
N

Nik665

I suggest reading Arnold ehrets book instead. Spiras book is good but the ehret book really goes much deeper plus there’s plenty of pdf a around for free floating on the inter webs

OP
N

Nik665

I am equally interested in fruitarianism unfortunately I developed pancreatitis symptoms when I tried it because I jumped into it too fast, but I did keep some eggs in the diet also.
Definitely not safe to jump in fast.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals