Migraines

tara

Yes ..I tried them over a period of a couple years. Had to admit I wasn't having success with beta blockers, sadly.
Same here. Nadolol and propranolol.

arien

I had a very bad headache for several days a month or so ago. When I finally had the wherewithal to try a few heaped tablespoons of charcoal mixed in water, it dissipated over a few hours.

kaybb

I had a very bad headache for several days a month or so ago. When I finally had the wherewithal to try a few heaped tablespoons of charcoal mixed in water, it dissipated over a few hours.
That's one I haven't tried. Do you take charcoal regularly now ?

kaybb

I would be interested in anyone's experience with calcium antagonists like lisuride, phenibut, or glycine (in huge amounts), or any other substances that have improved migraines via this mechanism?
Phenibut did not work for me. I have MAV. Migraine Associated Vertigo, triggered by weather. I am also interested in anyone's success.

arien

That's one I haven't tried. Do you take charcoal regularly now ?

Recently I have only taken it as needed, to deal with a particular problem such as that headache, or when I have a feeling of bacterial overgrowth. I guess that varies from once to thrice a month.

chispas

Phenibut did not work for me. I have MAV. Migraine Associated Vertigo, triggered by weather. I am also interested in anyone's success.

Have you tried raising sodium considerably? Or Periactin?

kaybb

Have you tried raising sodium considerably? Or Periactin?
I have taken extra sodium in the past. I need to remember to try that next episode. Have not tried Periactin. This is a form of cyprohetadine? Benadryl puts me in horrible depression so I have been leary of antihistamine and also have read about it on forum and many have said it isn't good to take long term? (cyproheptadine) I may need to give it a try during an episode. Weather is my only trigger. weird..

kaybb

Recently I have only taken it as needed, to deal with a particular problem such as that headache, or when I have a feeling of bacterial overgrowth. I guess that varies from once to thrice a month.
Ok, thanks for the info.

minni

My following response is geared toward sensitive people <u>rather than</u> healthy less-sensitive people. Nor is it geared for diabetics.

After decades, I've finally discovered that 300mg prescription Gabapentin finally finally does the trick, when taken regularly, approx. 5 times throughout the day, approx. every 4 hours. Also, awareness of High GHz computers and their UV as triggers. Also - sticking to a Lowfat-Lysine diet, and keeping the Lysine foods (veggies/dairy/eggs/LowSodiumFish) as well as caloric-sweeteners, refined starches, and refined-oils to a higher ratio than the Arginine, whole-grains and sodium in one's diet. Because the root cause of many headaches is neurological, brought on by irritants such as raw-unrefined foods. That's why:

(1) Dry/cold weather, and air-conditioner is a trigger, since it dries eyes, thereby irritating the ocular nerves. Voila, headache.

(2) Bright lights trigger nerves. Voila, headache.

(3) Stress triggers nerves. Voila, headache.

(4) Salt and salty-fish triggers nerves. Voila, headache.

(5) For me, fish oil also triggers nerves. Perhaps because it's a blood thinner, and dissolves sticky stuff which tend to buffer my nerves.

(6) Grapes ditto. Not sure if its the arginine or phenols and/or roughage. But its a trigger.

It's why crackers helps vs. nausea. The starch coats one's nerves, buffering them.
Not just starch, but also sticky stuff helps coat and buffer one's nerves.

I long ago created a blog on this topic (that was before I discovered how much gabapentin helps for headaches. And what led me to discover gabapentin was no thanks to doctors, but rather due to a long ago QXCI session). FWIW, I posted this in case it would resonate with even one other person's experiences, since I didn't expect most people to accept this due to it running counter to current popular trends.

Well I don't know if you are on high carbbb diet like most of us

But if you are
I got every morning a strong headache

I was experimenting
So every morning I put 1/8 salt under my tongue
And leave it

The headache go away after ten minutes

Sometimes is low blood sugar

If urrr diet have protein more than carbss
Ur gonna get headache and stress out for sure

Check the cronometer

bionicheart

No, I've had migraine/headache 9/10 days for 3-4 years unless taking betablockers, I have not had one since dosing nearly 3 weeks ago. The reports I've read on microdose LSD/mushrooms say it works for 3-12 months.
propranolol has helped me in the past, I don't get them regularly anymore (I used to get one migraine with aura and nausea every month when I was on birth control pills--so I attribute my migraines to excess estrogen/serotonin)
But more recently, about a month ago, I took literally a sip vodka/soda and felt a migraine coming on--I took 1/2 tab of mirtazapine later that night and it stopped almost immediately! No head ache at all the next day. Just my experience, progesterone didn't stop them though.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals