Logan-

“In 2018, the FDA approved the first calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) inhibitors. These new drugs are designed to prevent episodic migraine (up to 14 headache days per month), chronic migraine (15 headache days per month or more), and medication overuse headaches. CGRP inhibitors were the first class of drugs developed to prevent migraines with or without visual auras. Experts recommend their use for those with 6 or more migraine days per month, or when older preventive migraine treatments fail or are not tolerated by the migraine sufferer.

In 2021 a subset of CGRP inhibitors were approved to treat acute migraine.

The American Migraine Foundation calls CGRP inhibitors, ‘the biggest news in migraine treatment and prevention in decades.’”

These can be used as preventative (prophylactic) and for the treatment of acute migraine attacks.

IMG_0295.png

Calcitonin gene receptor peptide (CGRP) antagonists
CGRP antagonists can be used for both acute migraine treatment as well as prophylactically.[14] CGRP is a neuropeptide which is thought to induce migraines via vasodilation of cranial arteries.[14] CGRP can also release inflammatory agents and cause nervous system sensitization.[14] It is theorized that by antagonizing the CGRP receptor of the trigeminal ganglia, lowered CGRP is released and less migraine occurs.[14] Erenumab is a highly selective human monoclonal antibody which is a promising new development in migraine treatment.[14] It has low risk of hepatoxicity like gepants can have, due to being mostly eliminated via proteolysis.[15]

Also: Calcitonin gene-related peptide receptor antagonist - Wikipedia

Rashid A, Manghi A. Calcitonin Gene-Related Peptide Receptor. [Updated 2022 Jul 12]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2023 Jan-. Available from: Calcitonin Gene-Related Peptide Receptor - StatPearls - NCBI Bookshelf

Urits I, Jones MR, Gress K, Charipova K, Fiocchi J, Kaye AD, Viswanath O. CGRP Antagonists for the Treatment of Chronic Migraines: a Comprehensive Review. Curr Pain Headache Rep. 2019 Mar 14;23(5):29. doi: 10.1007/s11916-019-0768-y. PMID: 30874961.

This woman who is a migraine sufferer and has a background in biochemistry explains why she doesn’t take cgrp antagonists:

“Anti-CGRP medications can be an excellent option for the prevention of episodic or chronic migraine, but like all migraine medications, there are pros and cons. I wanted to discuss why I decided NOT to use CGRP antagonists as part of my migriane treatment. This is all just MY interpretation of the data that I found.This is not nearly all the data or information that there is, so make sure you do your own research and talk to your doctor about whether CGRP Antagonists are right for your migraine treatment. I'm not an expert, just a migraine patient!”

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NjcH_WoB334

Last edited:
OP
L

Logan-

Hi @Blossom, do you know what happened to @tara? We used to message each other about our experiences with migraine treatment. I haven’t seen her for a while.

Layne

Coffee enemas reduce my migraine intensity from 75-100%, every single time. I've used them successfully for many years. Nothing else comes to close to getting the same relief I consistently get from CEs.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Logan-, she’s no longer on the forum but I don’t know anything else unfortunately.

OP
L

Logan-

Coffee enemas reduce my migraine intensity from 75-100%, every single time. I've used them successfully for many years. Nothing else comes to close to getting the same relief I consistently get from CEs.
That’s very interesting, thank you very much for sharing. Could you provide some details as to how you prepare the enema, how much liquid, when you use it, how long you retain it inside, side effects etc.?

Have you also found a good, natural prophylactic? I have tried feverfew in the past and it certainly worked; but I had to stop using it because it worsened my intestinal problem. Its mechanism of action shares similarities with aspirin, and nsaids are contraindicated in my other chronic disease as they increase the risk of intestinal bleeding.

Ergotamine also works great for acute migraine, but it too worsens my intestines.

Bag breathing works well. Peppermint oil applied locally is also helpful in easing the pain. Ginger powder also works to some degree. Vitamin-b mixture also helps in both preventing and treating migraines. Good nutrition, good diet, and blood sugar levels are very important.

Last edited:
OP
L

Logan-

@Logan-, she’s no longer on the forum but I don’t know anything else unfortunately.
I see. @charlie, do you know what happened to her? She was a good contributor. So many valuable people have left the forum at some point it seems, like such_saturation, mittir, narouz, tyw… the old members.

Last edited:
OP
L

Logan-

I will start taking thyroid again (T4+T3) because, in addition to it energising the body and helping everything, it is probably helpful in decreasing the prevalence, duration, and intensity of migraine attacks.

Layne

That’s very interesting, thank you very much for sharing. Could you provide some details as to how you prepare the enema, how much liquid, when you use it, how long you retain it inside, side effects etc.?

Hi @Logan- -- The below-linked video is very informational, and should give you a good overview of coffee enemas and their potential role in any number of GI issues. I just happen to get great relief from migraines using them. I think the video is the most useful one I've watched on CEs (and I've watched a LOT!). I now have extensive experience with CEs, and have incorporated using various kinds of therapeutic retention enemas with them. I've added things like organic wheatgrass powder, Vit. C, etc. Most recently I added a few drops of Methylene Blue, and believe it cleared out a low-grade candida infection, and gave me a great energy boost at the same time.

How I Reversed Chronic Constipation Using Coffee Enemas! | SIBO IBS-C Gallstones

OP
L

Logan-

Hi @Logan- -- The below-linked video is very informational, and should give you a good overview of coffee enemas and their potential role in any number of GI issues. I just happen to get great relief from migraines using them. I think the video is the most useful one I've watched on CEs (and I've watched a LOT!). I now have extensive experience with CEs, and have incorporated using various kinds of therapeutic retention enemas with them. I've added things like organic wheatgrass powder, Vit. C, etc. Most recently I added a few drops of Methylene Blue, and believe it cleared out a low-grade candida infection, and gave me a great energy boost at the same time.

How I Reversed Chronic Constipation Using Coffee Enemas! | SIBO IBS-C Gallstones
I will watch the video. Thanks again.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals