Can Internal Stress Set Off an Ocular Migraine? How Do They Affect You?

DMF

I believe that when I'm having some inner conflict, anger, or anxiety, there sometimes follows a reaction in the form of these ocular migraines where a small
"aura" in my field of vision (awareness?) enlarges, retracts then vanishes, but I'm not sure I'm exactly the same - neurologically speaking. Something seems or
feels lost or burned out in the process, something seemingly diminished when it's all over usually on average of 20 minutes. Perhaps O.M.'s are a way the brain
re-sets or reorients itself to stimuli - troubling or non.

Lilac

My mother had ocular migraines for many years, No pain, just flashing. In old age, the migraine sometimes progressed to hallucinations. The upshot is, I believe the ocular migraines and hallucinations were an overload of serotonin. (Benadryl cured it.)

So perhaps gut irritation is causing excess serotonin. Metabolism tanks. The dark emotion is a symptom of the excess serotonin and bad metabolism. Migraine follows.

haidut

Forum Supporter
I believe that when I'm having some inner conflict, anger, or anxiety, there sometimes follows a reaction in the form of these ocular migraines where a small
"aura" in my field of vision (awareness?) enlarges, retracts then vanishes, but I'm not sure I'm exactly the same - neurologically speaking. Something seems or
feels lost or burned out in the process, something seemingly diminished when it's all over usually on average of 20 minutes. Perhaps O.M.'s are a way the brain
re-sets or reorients itself to stimuli - troubling or non.

Yes, it can. Peat told several people with similar symptoms that the pituitary rapidly enlarges when a person is under stress and presses on the optical nerves so the person can either have eye pain or migraines in that area. I think @Blossom is one person who asked him that question years ago so maybe she can share more.

HeyThere

Absolutely. They are called Silent Migraines. Lots of emotion attached to mine, feeling VERY low before I get it. Lately it is causing facial and eye drooping. tons of floaters, blurry vision, the whole migraine thing, but yes often times has the visual aura as well.

OP
D

DMF

Not all my O.M.'s follow stressfull frames of mind - though I suppose something could be going on
without me realizing it....

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Yes, it can. Peat told several people with similar symptoms that the pituitary rapidly enlarges when a person is under stress and presses on the optical nerves so the person can either have eye pain or migraines in that area. I think @Blossom is one person who asked him that question years ago so maybe she can share more.
Thanks for the alert. It actually wasn’t me but I do have a history of a pituitary adenoma and can confirm that one of the signs of it flaring up is vision changes. Thankfully that hasn’t happened for quite some time. Of course there are lots of other things that can impact our vision so I don’t want to cause any panic.

Peatful

Thanks for the alert. It actually wasn’t me but I do have a history of a pituitary adenoma and can confirm that one of the signs of it flaring up is vision changes. Thankfully that hasn’t happened for quite some time. Of course there are lots of other things that can impact our vision so I don’t want to cause any panic.
I think it was @tara

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom