Methylene blue and racing pulse?

frannybananny

I used 2 drops of methylene blue in my water flosser for a recently worked on tooth and got a very fast pulse and didn't sleep most of the night. ....anyone else experience this? The only thing I had to eat was a small bowl of cereal and milk.....usually helps me to sleep.

Ben.

MB is absolutely horrific for my gums and oral mucosa.

The pulse and overexcitement i did experience trough drinking it and bathing in it. However thoose were 10x to 20x the dosages you used for a simple rinse. However sublingually things can go systemic quite effectively if they are able to pass trough:

Dosage Form Design Considerations

20.2.12 Blood Supply – Sublingual​

The sublingual mucosa is the membrane of the ventral surface of the tongue. Sublingual administration of drug refers to the placement of drug under the tongue (Rehfeld et al., 2017). The sublingual route bypasses the first-pass metabolism and hence facilitates rapid absorption of the drug into the systemic circulation. Drug directly reaches the systemic circulation using blood vessels. The sublingual region holds a rich source of blood vessels which are routed parallel to the mucosal surface (Yin et al., 2016). The sublingual artery supplies blood to the salivary glands. It branches in surrounding muscles and mucous membranes of mouth, tongue, and gums. The sublingual artery originates from the lingual artery which constitutes the primary blood supply to the tongue and mouth floor region (Harki et al., 2016). The lingual artery stems from the external carotid artery. Blood vessels present in the carotid artery region split into smaller blood vessels which in turn join the adjoining vessels creating an extensive blood supply network. This blood vessel network facilitates more profusion through the sublingual region as compared to the skin (Masui et al., 2016).

The sublingual mucosa contains high amounts of polar lipids. This polar nature of sublingual mucosa facilitates increased membrane fluidity along with higher permeation of water and hydrophilic compounds (dos Santos Chaves et al., 2017). Two major pathways responsible for drug transport across the submucosal membrane are lipoidal and aqueous routes. The lipoidal route, i.e., the intercellular route filled with 50% polar lipids, permits passage of drug through transcellular and intercellular pathways. The aqueous route, in turn, is a paracellular pathway with the presence of water molecules trapped by the polar head of intercellular lipids in-between cells. Permeation of drug through submucosal membrane takes place by one of these pathways, hence understanding the permeation pathway of the drug is necessary for designing of the dosage form (Meltzer, 2017).

Simply eating some calories fixed that side-effect for you? Interesting.

OP
frannybananny

frannybananny

MB is absolutely horrific for my gums and oral mucosa.

The pulse and overexcitement i did experience trough drinking it and bathing in it. However thoose were 10x to 20x the dosages you used for a simple rinse. However sublingually things can go systemic quite effectively if they are able to pass trough:

Dosage Form Design Considerations

Simply eating some calories fixed that side-effect for you? Interesting.
Thank you for all this info.... no, you misunderstood....eating did not fix that side effect. The MB seemed to negate the usually calm feelings I get from milk.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals