Experiment With DMSO And Methylene Blue

RiverRoc

I've recently joined.. this is all pretty new, but I'll jump right in.
There seems to be a plethora of members, that have educated themselves on alternative medicine.
I've been experimenting with DMSO and the transdermal route for vitamins.
I'm waiting on an order for Methylene blue and wondered..
Has anyone mixed dmso and Mb together?

tankasnowgod

I've recently joined.. this is all pretty new, but I'll jump right in.
There seems to be a plethora of members, that have educated themselves on alternative medicine.
I've been experimenting with DMSO and the transdermal route for vitamins.
I'm waiting on an order for Methylene blue and wondered..
Has anyone mixed dmso and Mb together?

I have, and it certainly increases the absorption. Without DMSO, you will have a rather blue stain on your skin for a while, with DMSO, it rubs in quite quickly (though sometimes there is still a slight discoloration). Some people have skin reactions to DMSO, I never have, though I do notice sometimes it seems to dry out my skin if I apply a lot to a certain area. I've used lots of idealabs products with DMSO and ethanol, and those never give me that reaction, so you could also try mixing in some alcohol or water as well.

OP
RiverRoc

RiverRoc

Welcome RiverRoc! I wonder if it would be good for anti-aging the face. The dmso might be too much for the skin though. The MB might have an anti-lipogenenic effect SIRT1 activation by methylene blue, a repurposed drug, leads to AMPK-mediated inhibition of steatosis and steatohepatitis. - PubMed - NCBI
Ive been using DMSO after a shower, mixed with frankincense. My face is noticeably smoother. I have the DMSO cream with Rose oil for the face and I use 90% DMSO to carry vitamins transdermal. I have had zero problems thus far.
I received the Methylene blue today and might experiment with it later.
Thanks for the response!!!
I have, and it certainly increases the absorption. Without DMSO, you will have a rather blue stain on your skin for a while, with DMSO, it rubs in quite quickly (though sometimes there is still a slight discoloration). Some people have skin reactions to DMSO, I never have, though I do notice sometimes it seems to dry out my skin if I apply a lot to a certain area. I've used lots of idealabs products with DMSO and ethanol, and those never give me that reaction, so you could also try mixing in some alcohol or water as well.

OP
RiverRoc

RiverRoc

That's great to know.. Thank you!
First time I've ever joined a community online, and I must say.. the members here, possess a wealth of knowledge.
Thank you for taking time out and responding!
I've used iodine with DMSO and it absorbed with little staining, but MB seems pretty potent.
I suppose I could of done a test spot on a hidden area, before going straight for the face.. Lol

sladerunner69

One of the best things for good skin I have noticed is getting enough copper because it is crucial for skin elasticity. I can notice the day after eating liver or oysters how good my skin looks.

OP
RiverRoc

RiverRoc

That's very interesting. Actually I ran across an article, stating that very same thing.
I simply forgot, until you mentioned it.
Sometimes information gets overwhelming, because of articles stating that too much copper is a bad thing.
I'm fairly experimental, because I've lost faith in following doctors advice, in which a prescription cures your many ails.
Pharmaceutical deaths by far, are more prevalent than supplementing things such copper, DMSO and Methylene blue.
Thanks for the comment!
I'll research that tonight.

kaybb

That's very interesting. Actually I ran across an article, stating that very same thing.
I simply forgot, until you mentioned it.
Sometimes information gets overwhelming, because of articles stating that too much copper is a bad thing.
I'm fairly experimental, because I've lost faith in following doctors advice, in which a prescription cures your many ails.
Pharmaceutical deaths by far, are more prevalent than supplementing things such copper, DMSO and Methylene blue.
Thanks for the comment!
I'll research that tonight.
Are you using the DMSO for anti-aging? And what are you using the MB for? Just curious:)

OP
RiverRoc

RiverRoc

Are you using the DMSO for anti-aging? And what are you using the MB for? Just curious:)
I've actually just started experimenting with it.
Anti aging and nootropic benefit.
I've read throughout other forums, that less is more... Which totally goes against my "go big or go home".. but ya, less is more, with MB!
Time will tell, in regards to benefits.. but so far, nothing negative.. Lol

@RiverRoc how did the mb dmso experiment go?

I'm also wondering. Suscribed to see results/logs

I decided to try MB with DMSO orally today. I forget if I tried this combo before or not. I may have in a smaller amount, but it has been on my to-do list.

In 16 ounces of water I took 1 teaspoon pure dmso with 1 tablespoon xylitol and approx 75 milligrams of mb, that is mg not mcg. Did so about 45 minutes ago, so far feel fine.

I recently read this paper:
The dormant blood microbiome in chronic, inflammatory diseases

It got me to thinking, what if dormant bacteria existing outside of the gut itself is a large factor of endotoxin in the body, that it is not all just having to do with the gut. The reason I am starting to think this is that endotoxic effects are known to occur shortly after consuming certain foods - well before those foods would have reached the large intestine, so where is this reaction coming from.... I think it may well be a combination of lps in food - and unbound or weakly bound iron becoming readily available throughout the blood stream as soon as the food has reached the small intestine, and possibly via oral bacteria. Interestingly this effect has been noted with high saturated fat protein meals... so I think it is hard to make the case it is just inflammation from pufa in the meal. While the duodenum should be sterile, or at most close to sterile and therefore not a large contributor to this lps toxic load - I feel the answer must be the release of iron is fought for by these sneaky bacteria which exists elsewhere throughout the body.

Anyway - my approach here is: dmso to allow deep penetration, xylitol to break the biofilms, and mb for the pro-oxygen and antibacterial effect.

I'm truly beginning to think that obesity and a whole slew of disease have a lot more to do with iron disregulation, and how these opportunistic bacteria outside of the gut work, than they have to do with gut health. I have done all of the gut related and nutrition related things at this point and have barely lost any weight, and I think this could be the missing link. e.g. There was a period where I took tablespoons of activated charcoal daily, for months, no weight lost whatsoever. In fact I did a water fast for 1 week at the start of last year, a huge regret, but lost zero weight from that, now why would that be?? Well perhaps what I perceive as fat is more so a biological buffer reaction to bacteria feasting on iron - outside of the gut. Water is a pretty good buffer isn't it? Possibly the extended fast released enough iron from the breakdown of my stomach lining, blood cell death, etc. to effectively feed more of this fattening bacteria?? No lost weight, not even water weight after a fast, maybe that implies some kind of infection...

I am interested in reading other literature in support of this idea. The idea of chronic inflammation : obesity : endotoxin generated outside of the gut.

Last edited:

Hans

Forum Supporter

I decided to try MB with DMSO orally today. I forget if I tried this combo before or not. I may have in a smaller amount, but it has been on my to-do list.

In 16 ounces of water I took 1 teaspoon pure dmso with 1 tablespoon xylitol and approx 75 milligrams of mb, that is mg not mcg. Did so about 45 minutes ago, so far feel fine.

It got me to thinking, what if dormant bacteria existing outside of the gut itself is a large factor of endotoxin in the body, that it is not all just having to do with the gut. The reason I am starting to think this is that endotoxic effects are known to occur shortly after consuming certain foods - well before those foods would have reached the large intestine, so where is this reaction coming from.... I think it may well be a combination of lps in food - and unbound or weakly bound iron becoming readily available throughout the blood stream as soon as the food has reached the small intestine, and possibly via oral bacteria. Interestingly this effect has been noted with high saturated fat protein meals... so I think it is hard to make the case it is just inflammation from pufa in the meal. While the duodenum should be sterile, or at most close to sterile and therefore not a large contributor to this lps toxic load - I feel the answer must be the release of iron is fought for by these sneaky bacteria which exists elsewhere throughout the body.

Anyway - my approach here is: dmso to allow deep penetration, xylitol to break the biofilms, and mb for the pro-oxygen and antibacterial effect.

I'm truly beginning to think that obesity and a whole slew of disease have a lot more to do with iron disregulation, and how these opportunistic bacteria outside of the gut work, than they have to do with gut health. I have done all of the gut related and nutrition related things at this point and have barely lost any weight, and I think this could be the missing link. e.g. There was a period where I took tablespoons of activated charcoal daily, for months, no weight lost whatsoever. In fact I did a water fast for 1 week at the start of last year, a huge regret, but lost zero weight from that, now why would that be?? Well perhaps what I perceive as fat is more so a biological buffer reaction to bacteria feasting on iron - outside of the gut. Water is a pretty good buffer isn't it? Possibly the extended fast released enough iron from the breakdown of my stomach lining, blood cell death, etc. to effectively feed more of this fattening bacteria?? No lost weight, not even water weight after a fast, maybe that implies some kind of infection...

I am interested in reading other literature in support of this idea. The idea of chronic inflammation : obesity : endotoxin generated outside of the gut.

Cool experiment. You might want to add direct sunlight or red light to your whole body or to a specific area for the methylene blue to be pro-oxidant.

Cool experiment. You might want to add direct sunlight or red light to your whole body or to a specific area for the methylene blue to be pro-oxidant.

Good point! Will try this out in the summer.

Kray

@Captain_Coconut -- Can you bring us an update of your MB DMSO RED LIGHT THERAPY?

Kray

I've actually just started experimenting with it.
Anti aging and nootropic benefit.
I've read throughout other forums, that less is more... Which totally goes against my "go big or go home".. but ya, less is more, with MB!
Time will tell, in regards to benefits.. but so far, nothing negative.. Lol
@ RiverRoc Can you give us an update on your using DMSO facially?

OP
RiverRoc

RiverRoc

@RiverRoc how did the mb dmso experiment go?
Four years belated answer.. Lol. I stuck with it for a year and had great results. I had dark patches and almost cleared after a year. Not sure you'll see this response since it's been so long, but yeah.. It worked!

OP
RiverRoc

RiverRoc

It's been awhile since visiting this site, but after reading your comment, I really wished I had checked back. Super interesting info

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals