MCT-oil

Markus

What's your thoughts on MCT-oil supplementation with meals for additional energy and an alternative saturated fat instead of butter and coconut oil?

I don't consume butter and coconut oil because my cholesterol levels skyrocket from long-chain saturated fats due to being a APOE4/4-genotype. When I was eating a high-fat ketogenic/paleo-diet my total cholesterol was >400 with an LDL-C of >300, which I don't think is healthy.

Dobbler

100% saturated MCT from coconut is very good if you need extra calories. It can substitute butter and CO.

Luann

It might have a lipolytic effect but the research I saw wasn't clear. . Haidut wrote about palmitic acid being helpful to suppress FFA's and palmitic acid isn't present in MCT, so I switched back to 92-degree coconut oil.

OP
M

Markus

It might have a lipolytic effect but the research I saw wasn't clear. . Haidut wrote about palmitic acid being helpful to suppress FFA's and palmitic acid isn't present in MCT, so I switched back to 92-degree coconut oil.

Do you think the MCT-oil could interfere with glucose metabolism and utilization?

Hans

Forum Supporter
Do you think the MCT-oil could interfere with glucose metabolism and utilization?
Not at all. It works synergistically together to speed up metabolism, increase energy expenditure, body temperature, etc. MCT oil is great to use, and it also displaces PUFAs for oxidation, so it protects against PUFAs too.
Your body can make it's own palmitic and stearic acid from sugar, so I won't worry about it if I were you.

OP
M

Markus

Not at all. It works synergistically together to speed up metabolism, increase energy expenditure, body temperature, etc. MCT oil is great to use, and it also displaces PUFAs for oxidation, so it protects against PUFAs too.
Your body can make it's own palmitic and stearic acid from sugar, so I won't worry about it if I were you.

Thanks!

Mister

@Hans Is MCT oil anti androgenic?

I found these studies:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals