What Would Be The Ideal Diet And Lifestyle For A Model?

HumanLife

Hello! I am planning on competing in my country's Mr. World competition and I was thinking of what the ideal diet and lifestyle would be. Right now, I just applied after being sought out.

My diet right now is mostly Peaty, mostly trying to avoid seed oils and instead eat lots of egg yolks, milk and ruminant animal meats. Sugar comes mostly from fruits, sugar drinks don't satiate me and make me feel very tired. My fats are exclusively from coconut oil and butter. I don't believe in calorie counting any more so I just eat enough nutrient rich foods until I am satiated. I try to sleep at least s good 7 hours consistently, and try to not spend more than 45 minutes in the gym, as well as not go training for two days in a row to allow my body to rest more adequately. I have a Red Light device in my room as well I use from time to time, would an Incandescent Light device be good to use it together with the Red Light?

I believe that most people use at least some steroids to get an ideal body. It seems like easy money to jack yourself and make a YouTube training video and get money from there, but I am not comfortable going that route at the age of 23. That said, I am more comfortable using other methods to aid steroid synthesis through the use of supplements, with the the ingredients coming from food. Would Gonadin be a good supplement to help achieve that? I also understand that supplements can raise caloric needs so I'm fine with eating more to aid them in becoming more effective.

My country, Malta, is very pro-seed oil, and is the most obese country in Europe. This can be mostly explained by all pastizzerias using seed oils in most, if not all their pastry based foods. As you would expect, the food looks incredibly dry, likely from the oxidation of the unsaturated fats. Funnily enough, the most popular pastizzeria, called the Crystal Palace, uses animal fat butter. The Maltese haven't yet made the connection that the reason why their cultural pastizzi taste best from the Crystal Palace is because of the animal fat which satisfies them nutritionally and gives them energy. They also don't look dry like all the other pastizzi in all other pastizzerias because of the stability of the saturated fat.

If I win, or at least place well enough, people in my country might take note of my own dietary claims and I could spread the information of Ray Peat.

boris

High Protein Intake Increases Muscle Mass Even W/o Training
"We know that Ray recommends 80g+ of protein a day and says that ~120g should be enough even for the most active individuals. This study looked at what happens when you increase protein intake even more. There were 2 groups. The "normal" intake group consumed ~120g of protein a day and the high protein group consumed ~210g of protein per day. Both groups ate hypercaloric diets to induce weight gain. The high protein group lost fat mass and built muscle mass WITHOUT doing any training. In addition, their blood lipid parameters were normalized.
I find this interesting, since in my home country doctors often recommend new mothers and sick people consume 200g+ of protein a day as a way of maintaining optimal health since those people usually do not do much exercise. It looks like there is something valid about that recommendation...
Also, since some people on the forum have complained about gaining weight on Ray's diet, this may be an easy way to lose the extra weight - i.e. just up your protein intake even if you don't reduce fat and sugar.

http://jn.nutrition.org/content/early/2 ... 2.abstract"

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hello! I am planning on competing in my country's Mr. World competition and I was thinking of what the ideal diet and lifestyle would be. Right now, I just applied after being sought out.

My diet right now is mostly Peaty, mostly trying to avoid seed oils and instead eat lots of egg yolks, milk and ruminant animal meats. Sugar comes mostly from fruits, sugar drinks don't satiate me and make me feel very tired. My fats are exclusively from coconut oil and butter. I don't believe in calorie counting any more so I just eat enough nutrient rich foods until I am satiated. I try to sleep at least s good 7 hours consistently, and try to not spend more than 45 minutes in the gym, as well as not go training for two days in a row to allow my body to rest more adequately. I have a Red Light device in my room as well I use from time to time, would an Incandescent Light device be good to use it together with the Red Light?

I believe that most people use at least some steroids to get an ideal body. It seems like easy money to jack yourself and make a YouTube training video and get money from there, but I am not comfortable going that route at the age of 23. That said, I am more comfortable using other methods to aid steroid synthesis through the use of supplements, with the the ingredients coming from food. Would Gonadin be a good supplement to help achieve that? I also understand that supplements can raise caloric needs so I'm fine with eating more to aid them in becoming more effective.

My country, Malta, is very pro-seed oil, and is the most obese country in Europe. This can be mostly explained by all pastizzerias using seed oils in most, if not all their pastry based foods. As you would expect, the food looks incredibly dry, likely from the oxidation of the unsaturated fats. Funnily enough, the most popular pastizzeria, called the Crystal Palace, uses animal fat butter. The Maltese haven't yet made the connection that the reason why their cultural pastizzi taste best from the Crystal Palace is because of the animal fat which satisfies them nutritionally and gives them energy. They also don't look dry like all the other pastizzi in all other pastizzerias because of the stability of the saturated fat.

If I win, or at least place well enough, people in my country might take note of my own dietary claims and I could spread the information of Ray Peat.
What kind of a competition is that? For muscle or more beauty kind of youthful looks? What is your goal to prepare for this competition? How much muscle do you want to add? What features would you like to improve of your aesthetics (skin, hair, etc)?

An ideal diet would be to eat what you crave and eat till your full, which seem like what you're doing already, but from a standpoint of maximizing muscle, that might not be the best/fastest approaching.
Gonadin can help with increasing testosterone, but there isn't a difference in muscle you'll gain if your testosterone is moderate vs high. What's most important to build muscle for naturals is just to eat enough protein, carbs and total calories.

OP
H

HumanLife

@boris Thank you! I do try to eat to satiation, and I find myself going for a slice of bacon in my fridge after cooking sometimes, likely because I needed more protein or just food.

What kind of a competition is that? For muscle or more beauty kind of youthful looks? What is your goal to prepare for this competition? How much muscle do you want to add? What features would you like to improve of your aesthetics (skin, hair, etc)?

An ideal diet would be to eat what you crave and eat till your full, which seem like what you're doing already, but from a standpoint of maximizing muscle, that might not be the best/fastest approaching.
Gonadin can help with increasing testosterone, but there isn't a difference in muscle you'll gain if your testosterone is moderate vs high. What's most important to build muscle for naturals is just to eat enough protein, carbs and total calories.

It's a mix of both. The better of the combination of the two, plus a good character, the more you are likely to win. My goal is being the best I can be in... 7 months, so I've got plenty of time. I don't need to win, but do a good showing at least. Just being lean and muscular looking is fine for me. For my skin, I think frequent sunbathing so I don't look like a pale zombie is fine. I will probably be leaving my hair to a stylist...

Probably my biggest Ray Peat based diet mistake is not getting enough protein. I needed to eat more egg yolks and try not to be too worried about the PUFA in them. Also worry less about too many calories, I haven't actually gained that much weight and any weight I have gained, my sister told me I already seem to be losing it and I've only been going back to the gym for 2 weeks. I do supplement with Vitamin E from time to time, but I find myself relying more on coconut oil for its claimed antioxidant effects.

I am probably going to buy Gonadin to try it out and see how I go, maybe to at least give me a good kick in the beginning if it can. I am definitely going to try to increase my calorie intake with the training I have been doing.

lampofred

All of the Peat stuff is good for attractiveness but coconut oil, aspirin, sugar, coffee and things that antagonize phosphate (calcium, vitamin K) seem to be particularly good.

Hans

Forum Supporter
@boris Thank you! I do try to eat to satiation, and I find myself going for a slice of bacon in my fridge after cooking sometimes, likely because I needed more protein or just food.

It's a mix of both. The better of the combination of the two, plus a good character, the more you are likely to win. My goal is being the best I can be in... 7 months, so I've got plenty of time. I don't need to win, but do a good showing at least. Just being lean and muscular looking is fine for me. For my skin, I think frequent sunbathing so I don't look like a pale zombie is fine. I will probably be leaving my hair to a stylist...

Probably my biggest Ray Peat based diet mistake is not getting enough protein. I needed to eat more egg yolks and try not to be too worried about the PUFA in them. Also worry less about too many calories, I haven't actually gained that much weight and any weight I have gained, my sister told me I already seem to be losing it and I've only been going back to the gym for 2 weeks. I do supplement with Vitamin E from time to time, but I find myself relying more on coconut oil for its claimed antioxidant effects.

I am probably going to buy Gonadin to try it out and see how I go, maybe to at least give me a good kick in the beginning if it can. I am definitely going to try to increase my calorie intake with the training I have been doing.
To add more muscle, train enough and eat enough. Protein is most important, then carbs and lastly fat. For the best youthful look, just optimize your own hormones and boost CO2 production. You can probably do a good bulk for 4-5 months and then cut for 2-3 months depending on how much fat you gained over that period. With a good diet and training program, you can add a good amount of muscle in that time frame.

gaze

on a side note, the billions of peoples lives and countries seed oil alone has ruined is extremely depressing. the mass production in western countries and it’s distribution and promotion globally has been one of the worst human endeavors in history, and it’s effects on DNA and offsprings will be felt for hundreds of years, and now the blame is being put on sugar meat and dairy. hard to see the human population recovering from it

OP
H

HumanLife

All of the Peat stuff is good for attractiveness but coconut oil, aspirin, sugar, coffee and things that antagonize phosphate (calcium, vitamin K) seem to be particularly good.

I take coconut oil with carrot salad from time to time. I have taken low dose aspirin before but I got worried about potential side effects so I stopped, I didn't want to deal with any problems from the excipients. I take my sugar from fruit. Coffee I feel can give me headaches so I backed off from it too, maybe it was the brand or I didn't eat it with enough food. I do take lots of calcium and I supplement vitamin K from time to time.

How do you personally react to aspirin and coffee? What brands do you use?

To add more muscle, train enough and eat enough. Protein is most important, then carbs and lastly fat. For the best youthful look, just optimize your own hormones and boost CO2 production. You can probably do a good bulk for 4-5 months and then cut for 2-3 months depending on how much fat you gained over that period. With a good diet and training program, you can add a good amount of muscle in that time frame.

During the meeting I had to discuss the competition, a guy was shocked when I said I was 23, so I guess I am not doing bad in looking youthful. I don't drink nor smoke, so my liver should be fine, which could explain why I might look a bit younger than those who drink or smoke a lot. Thank you!

Keep in mind that you can get half of your protein from Gelatin.

I do own Great Lakes Gelatin online, which I take from time to time. I haven't been able to find any Gelatin in Malta, but I have found Collagen, which is pretty much just kind of uncooked Gelatin.

Where can I get the other half?

on a side note, the billions of peoples lives and countries seed oil alone has ruined is extremely depressing. the mass production in western countries and it’s distribution and promotion globally has been one of the worst human endeavors in history, and it’s effects on DNA and offsprings will be felt for hundreds of years, and now the blame is being put on sugar meat and dairy. hard to see the human population recovering from it

It depresses me a lot too. The first time I gained weight to the point I became overweight was when I was around 11 years old and started eating Heinz's mayonnaise. Only after finding Peat in March of this year I paid more attention to the differing fats, only to be shocked to find out I was mostly eating GMO soybean oil with only 10% or so egg.

In the Summer of 2014, I went to an elderly residential home to work as a part-time carer. I once ate the food the residents would be given, and felt so disgusted with myself I decided to never eat from their food again. I thought the problem was because they put in too much sunflower oil, but I didn't make the connection that sunflower oil is just bad in itself. There was a foreign elderly woman who was over 100 years old, who was thin and could walk around with no wheelchair or any kind of support. I remember her telling me when I went to check her blood pressure that she doesn't trust the food at all and that there's something wrong with it. I don't know which country she came from, but I don't think it was one which exposed her to lots of PUFA. Meanwhile at least half the other residents were bedridden, obese, and at around 80 years old!

What's especially depressing is that the exposure to the PUFA being fed to them makes them die quicker, which profits the owners of the elderly residential home because then they could get another elderly person to stay in their home for the exchange of a piece of land they own if they can't afford the monthly rent.

lampofred

I take coconut oil with carrot salad from time to time. I have taken low dose aspirin before but I got worried about potential side effects so I stopped, I didn't want to deal with any problems from the excipients. I take my sugar from fruit. Coffee I feel can give me headaches so I backed off from it too, maybe it was the brand or I didn't eat it with enough food. I do take lots of calcium and I supplement vitamin K from time to time.

How do you personally react to aspirin and coffee? What brands do you use?

I usually drink at least 5 cups of coffee and take 1-2 aspirins with vitamin K daily. They work better than thyroid supplements for raising my metabolism. I just have to make sure to get enough B6 (potatoes) and protein (milk) and occasionally supplement vitamin D and gelatin.

I don't use any fancy brands, Folger's Black Silk for coffee and Equate for aspirin, but I dissolve the aspirin in water and drink the sour water after the excipients sink to the bottom.

Dark roast coffee has less caffeine and more niacin which maybe would help with headaches.

Aymen

@HumanLife your diet sounds fine man, for exercise add a few sprints a week and diet add liver once a week and oysters if not fresh then buy the canned one with olive oil and ditch it and eat the oysters (once a week) then you can make your own gelatin from oxtail ( boil it for 3-4 hours and don't let it last in the fridge for more than 3 days). and eat most of your protein during the day.

i have some question for you if you don't mind me asking:
1- do you find it good to be a male model?
2- aren't you exposed to some makeup and chemicals during the job?
3- is it true that they neglect men and pay them a little compared to women?
4- does the job helps your self confidance and becoming more social?
5- does the agency allow you to eat whatever you want during your work time?
thank you.

OP
H

HumanLife

I usually drink at least 5 cups of coffee and take 1-2 aspirins with vitamin K daily. They work better than thyroid supplements for raising my metabolism. I just have to make sure to get enough B6 (potatoes) and protein (milk) and occasionally supplement vitamin D and gelatin.

5 cups of coffee, wow! That would really warm me up. I do take Vitamin D sometimes.

I don't use any fancy brands, Folger's Black Silk for coffee and Equate for aspirin, but I dissolve the aspirin in water and drink the sour water after the excipients sink to the bottom.

Dark roast coffee has less caffeine and more niacin which maybe would help with headaches.

Noted about dark roast coffee, I don't think I ever tried it before but I will see how I go with it.

@HumanLife your diet sounds fine man, for exercise add a few sprints a week and diet add liver once a week and oysters if not fresh then buy the canned one with olive oil and ditch it and eat the oysters (once a week) then you can make your own gelatin from oxtail ( boil it for 3-4 hours and don't let it last in the fridge for more than 3 days). and eat most of your protein during the day.

i have some question for you if you don't mind me asking:
1- do you find it good to be a male model?
2- aren't you exposed to some makeup and chemicals during the job?
3- is it true that they neglect men and pay them a little compared to women?
4- does the job helps your self confidance and becoming more social?
5- does the agency allow you to eat whatever you want during your work time?
thank you.

Funnily enough, my running has become better after peating in that I don't fall short of breath so quickly. Might have to do with increased respiration. I will try getting back on sprinting, right now I am going back on weight lifting and it's been going well so far. I still don't like liver... the closest I got to make it good was with lots of butter and honey, and it's not to the point that I can't wait to eat it and enjoy it. I do know its importance for its Vitamin A which aids in protein synthesis so it will be pretty essential.

Oysters are really hard to get. I can't find canned oysters in any store, neither bamboo shoots. The only options I have found are either buying around 30 of them for 25 euros in bulk because the shops here do it by order only, or pay 4 euros for 1 oyster from a restaurant, which I don't think is sufficient. I haven't found any oxtail from the butchers here but I do cook and eat lamb shanks from time to time. I don't cook them for that many hours though.

Regarding your questions, it's just a part-time thing for all models here in Malta. You can get paid 50 euros for one hour, or 150 euros for ten hours. It really depends on the employer and how much they are comfortable charging for people's time. I've gotten free haircuts! As for what I think:

1 - It's fun because it's something different to do every now and then. You end up meeting quite a few people and you end up having fun with them.

2 - I never felt fussy nor anxious about make-up. For men the only make-up they are applies is to make their skin shine and look better with a toner, the women get the most stuff put on them.

3 - Depends on the role the men and women are playing.

4 - Honestly, yes, because you can get some kick **** photos to show off (I don't have that many though haha) and you get to see yourself in a different light. I think confidence and social interest comes from needing to use energy, so if you have less reason to stress yourself in social situations, then you have more energy to perform better. My first time at an event there were so many male models I would usually see on Facebook, I wasn't really that social because I did not know what to say, but once I got used to them I seemed to be able to talk with them really well.

5 - A friend who I know that competed two years ago said he wasn't that muscular and he told me that there was a guy who had quite some weight on him, but I haven't heard of any drama about that. The guy with the weight apparently had a lot of fun, and didn't regret it. I don't think anyone was really critical except probably viewers on TV. With modelling, you just have to make the product look good, and even people who are overweight have a use in that they can appeal to people who are also overweight and give them confidence that they can buy a suit and still look good even if physically they aren't their best.

Aymen

5 cups of coffee, wow! That would really warm me up. I do take Vitamin D sometimes.

Noted about dark roast coffee, I don't think I ever tried it before but I will see how I go with it.

Funnily enough, my running has become better after peating in that I don't fall short of breath so quickly. Might have to do with increased respiration. I will try getting back on sprinting, right now I am going back on weight lifting and it's been going well so far. I still don't like liver... the closest I got to make it good was with lots of butter and honey, and it's not to the point that I can't wait to eat it and enjoy it. I do know its importance for its Vitamin A which aids in protein synthesis so it will be pretty essential.

Oysters are really hard to get. I can't find canned oysters in any store, neither bamboo shoots. The only options I have found are either buying around 30 of them for 25 euros in bulk because the shops here do it by order only, or pay 4 euros for 1 oyster from a restaurant, which I don't think is sufficient. I haven't found any oxtail from the butchers here but I do cook and eat lamb shanks from time to time. I don't cook them for that many hours though.

Regarding your questions, it's just a part-time thing for all models here in Malta. You can get paid 50 euros for one hour, or 150 euros for ten hours. It really depends on the employer and how much they are comfortable charging for people's time. I've gotten free haircuts! As for what I think:

1 - It's fun because it's something different to do every now and then. You end up meeting quite a few people and you end up having fun with them.

2 - I never felt fussy nor anxious about make-up. For men the only make-up they are applies is to make their skin shine and look better with a toner, the women get the most stuff put on them.

3 - Depends on the role the men and women are playing.

4 - Honestly, yes, because you can get some kick **** photos to show off (I don't have that many though haha) and you get to see yourself in a different light. I think confidence and social interest comes from needing to use energy, so if you have less reason to stress yourself in social situations, then you have more energy to perform better. My first time at an event there were so many male models I would usually see on Facebook, I wasn't really that social because I did not know what to say, but once I got used to them I seemed to be able to talk with them really well.

5 - A friend who I know that competed two years ago said he wasn't that muscular and he told me that there was a guy who had quite some weight on him, but I haven't heard of any drama about that. The guy with the weight apparently had a lot of fun, and didn't regret it. I don't think anyone was really critical except probably viewers on TV. With modelling, you just have to make the product look good, and even people who are overweight have a use in that they can appeal to people who are also overweight and give them confidence that they can buy a suit and still look good even if physically they aren't their best.
gelatin needs 3-4 hours to get released when boiling and lamb shanks are a good choice.
thank you for being generous for answering my questions, i meant aren't you aware if they use endocrine disruptors chemicals when they modify your hair or skin?
and also if you work in the agency, do they tell you to eat what they eat (fast food for example) or you are free to bring milk with you and drink it there or you just eat anything outside the house when you are at work?

tara

Oysters are really hard to get. I can't find canned oysters in any store, neither bamboo shoots. The only options I have found are either buying around 30 of them for 25 euros in bulk because the shops here do it by order only, or pay 4 euros for 1 oyster from a restaurant, which I don't think is sufficient.
If you buy 30 fresh, you can eat a few and freeze the rest in serving-sized batches or in an ice cube tray and eat a few a week.

OP
H

HumanLife

gelatin needs 3-4 hours to get released when boiling and lamb shanks are a good choice.
thank you for being generous for answering my questions, i meant aren't you aware if they use endocrine disruptors chemicals when they modify your hair or skin?
and also if you work in the agency, do they tell you to eat what they eat (fast food for example) or you are free to bring milk with you and drink it there or you just eat anything outside the house when you are at work?

That's so long... I do have a pressure cooker though, which might help.

I don't use gel or the like, but I don't mind. It's very rare anyway. I don't have a location in an agency, I just get notified if I'm needed somewhere. There isn't that fixation on food.

Last edited:

Aymen

That's so long... I do have a pressure cooker though, which might help.

I don't use gel or the like, but I don't mind. It's very rare anyway. I don't have a location in an agency, I just get notified if I'm needed somewhere. There isn't that fixation on food.
1 hour and 50 minutes high heat worked well for me.

good to hear that it's very rare, thank you.

TheSir

Find comfort in the fact that historically the truth has usually prevailed. As the health of people keeps decreasing, it will only lead to more individuals asking: "what are we really doing wrong?" Scapegoats only get you so far, sooner or later the attention of everyone will be guided to the real culprit, which in this case are the seed oils. At that point it will be just a short path to mass distribution of PUFA being viewed as a nutritionary version of lobotomy, a grave misstep never to be taken again. The mistakes of our generation will leave future generations more enlightened.

OP
H

HumanLife

@lampofred

aspirina-c-10-compresse-effervescenti-400-240mg.jpg

I have been using this for around a week, and I have been feeling more calm-minded. It's the same brand Danny Roddy showed in one of his videos talking about Aspirin. I wanted to ask, what benefits do you feel you achieve from taking Aspirin?

Such_Umami

I'd fit in a bit of meditation in there too. It is really good for decreasing cortisol.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals