Matt Stone-r and overexerciser

Avishek

Hey all,

I have been exercising like a maniac for six years now and finally stopped for good just last week (quit the gym not going back to gym for as long as I can). I was obsessed with strength/power training so I maxed out very frequently. I felt fine for a while but around the age of 20 I noticed a gray hair in my head. EEEK. Also I felt fatigued and my eyes were bloodshot. I worked part-time while in school while training intensely and the chronic stress added up.

I think I have a lot of "jing" the chinese medicine concept of life force that we are born with: thus, I haven't developed any serious complications apart from mild fatigue, brain fog, poorer sleep, and a few gray hairs here and there. Still one step closer to death.

I have for the past year only started eating more processed foods and sugars, following the advice of Matt Stone. It didn't help nearly as much as taking time off from intense training. After only a few days of taking time off, my muscles crave to workout because they get addicted but my brain starts feeling better. Now I feel very sharp more regularly and have a better mood, better light sensitivity, and don't feel as sleepy during the day.

I still have more recovering to do. I'm here because i'd like to learn more about people's experiences: it's fascinating to me the mechanisms explaining poorer health from dieting/exercise. I'm interested in following a Ray Peat diet perhaps as well and learning more about the physiology.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals