Felt Decent On Matt Stone Style But Not High Cal Peat - Help

bmoores

This is all fantastic info @bmoores

My t3 levels are just below the normal but no matter how much I take my temp and pulse only come up a little so I'm going to really give a shot to increasing C02.

Thanks so much for this info

Peat quotes:

“Free T3” or “free T4” is a laboratory concept, and the biological activity of T3 doesn't necessarily correspond to its “freedom” in the test. T3 bound to its transport proteins can be demonstrated to enter cells, mitochondria, and nuclei. Transthyretin, which carries both vitamin A and thyroid hormones, is sharply decreased by stress, and should probably be regularly measured as part of the thyroid examination.

When T3 is metabolically active, lactic acid won't be produced unnecessarily, so the measurement of lactate in the blood is a useful test for interpreting thyroid function. Cholesterol is used rapidly under the influence of T3, and ever since the 1930s it has been clear that serum cholesterol rises in hypothyroidism, and is very useful diagnostically. Sodium, magnesium, calcium, potassium, creatinine, albumin, glucose, and other components of the serum are regulated by the thyroid hormones, and can be used along with the various functional tests for evaluating thyroid function."

"...healthy people who weren't taking any thyroid supplement had higher T3:T4 ratios than the people who took thyroxine, or that our own thyroid gland releases a high ratio of T3 to T4. The fact that the T3 is being used faster than T4, removing it from the blood more quickly than it enters from the thyroid gland itself"

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/thyroid.shtml

More useful measurements are temp and pulse charts, noting before or after a meal and remembering that adrenaline can increase heart rate and cortisol etc. can increase temperature. Capnometer tests for exhaled CO2 vs inhaled w/oxygen are good. TSH is a good indicator, ideal below 1, and I prefer below 0.3

OP
F

firebreather

Peat quotes:

“Free T3” or “free T4” is a laboratory concept, and the biological activity of T3 doesn't necessarily correspond to its “freedom” in the test. T3 bound to its transport proteins can be demonstrated to enter cells, mitochondria, and nuclei. Transthyretin, which carries both vitamin A and thyroid hormones, is sharply decreased by stress, and should probably be regularly measured as part of the thyroid examination.

When T3 is metabolically active, lactic acid won't be produced unnecessarily, so the measurement of lactate in the blood is a useful test for interpreting thyroid function. Cholesterol is used rapidly under the influence of T3, and ever since the 1930s it has been clear that serum cholesterol rises in hypothyroidism, and is very useful diagnostically. Sodium, magnesium, calcium, potassium, creatinine, albumin, glucose, and other components of the serum are regulated by the thyroid hormones, and can be used along with the various functional tests for evaluating thyroid function."

"...healthy people who weren't taking any thyroid supplement had higher T3:T4 ratios than the people who took thyroxine, or that our own thyroid gland releases a high ratio of T3 to T4. The fact that the T3 is being used faster than T4, removing it from the blood more quickly than it enters from the thyroid gland itself"

Thyroid: Therapies, Confusion, and Fraud

More useful measurements are temp and pulse charts, noting before or after a meal and remembering that adrenaline can increase heart rate and cortisol etc. can increase temperature. Capnometer tests for exhaled CO2 vs inhaled w/oxygen are good. TSH is a good indicator, ideal below 1, and I prefer below 0.3

@bmoores I'm not really sure what you're saying here apart from typical thyroid tests being unreliable.

My temps and pulse are low. The best my cholesterol has ever been was 250 and that was when I was on 4 grains of NDT but I got nervous about taking that much t4 so I backed it down

RealNeat

old Thread but I have a few comments for others who run across it.

when one follows a "eat anything you crave" approach it's worth noting that this will only really work long term if we approach it in a "primal" fashion. Meaning processed foods are out of the question. Why?

excitotoxins. These are used ubiquitously in food as flavor enhancers (natural flavors, yeast extract, hydrolized vegetable protein etc.) not only are they toxic to the nervous system, brain development etc but also send false messages of satiation and food quality. These mimickers replace our craving instinct with an addiction.

this then becomes akin to what main stream "medicine" is great at doing; concealing symptoms until every cry of the body is ignored leading to worse disease.

rather, if one attempts to widen their pallet with real, natural, minimally/ traditionally processed foods their cravings will have a larger repertoire to choose from. Simply put ask yourself, what am I craving in this processed food (sometimes it's as simple as salt) or am I just addicted to the chemical flavor enhancers added to it?

this will in return allow for proper nutrition, better health and less weight gain in the long run. Feeling better off of highly processed food, gaining 30 lbs and feeling worse on a Peat diet are clear indications that it's not a sustainable diet. It essentially reads like this "I got addicted to the chemicals which modified my cravings, gained weight as I slowed my metabolism and my microbiome and enzyme production changed to "favor" food with no real structure"

OP
F

firebreather

old Thread but I have a few comments for others who run across it.

when one follows a "eat anything you crave" approach it's worth noting that this will only really work long term if we approach it in a "primal" fashion. Meaning processed foods are out of the question. Why?

excitotoxins. These are used ubiquitously in food as flavor enhancers (natural flavors, yeast extract, hydrolized vegetable protein etc.) not only are they toxic to the nervous system, brain development etc but also send false messages of satiation and food quality. These mimickers replace our craving instinct with an addiction.

this then becomes akin to what main stream "medicine" is great at doing; concealing symptoms until every cry of the body is ignored leading to worse disease.

rather, if one attempts to widen their pallet with real, natural, minimally/ traditionally processed foods their cravings will have a larger repertoire to choose from. Simply put ask yourself, what am I craving in this processed food (sometimes it's as simple as salt) or am I just addicted to the chemical flavor enhancers added to it?

this will in return allow for proper nutrition, better health and less weight gain in the long run. Feeling better off of highly processed food, gaining 30 lbs and feeling worse on a Peat diet are clear indications that it's not a sustainable diet. It essentially reads like this "I got addicted to the chemicals which modified my cravings, gained weight as I slowed my metabolism and my microbiome and enzyme production changed to "favor" food with no real structure"

Been thinking about your response for a few days. I guess it may be true that I was addicted to the additives in most foods when I posted this. But for the last couple years it seems like my only cravings are for something cold and sweet to drink. like orange juice. But that doesn't really work well for me because it seems that even fresh OJ (salted and unsalted) seems to make me more thirsty which means I drink more and pee even more than I already do. Actually this is the case with most juices