Living in the dark!

Thomas

Hey guys!
I like to know if Ray Peat said something about a Thyroid supplement one can buy? I would like to buy some natural dried thyroid powder for the wintertime. I live in the arctic north and we have 9 month of winter. We have several month of darkness and I believe I would need some help for my thyroid.

Any advice for me?!

thank you
thomas

J

j.

During winter, using incandescent lights will probably help you as well, starting slowly and getting to 750 watts.

Birdie

Thomas, You can find some answers if you check the Danny Roddy Forum. Look for pages like, "Ray Peat's Brain."

Also, look in the Board Index. Check for Thiroyd.

And you might need thyroid, but you might need other supplements such as the light mentioned above. And it all works with avoiding pufas and eating a diet to enhance metabolism. :D

Rayser

j. said:
During winter, using incandescent lights will probably help you as well, starting slowly and getting to 750 watts.
I think that's smart - I use infrared heat lamps without red filter. About 1500 watts.

Why do you suggest "starting slowly", j.?

J

j.

Rayser said:
j. said:
I think that's smart - I use infrared heat lamps without red filter. About 1500 watts.

Why do you suggest "starting slowly", j.?

I probably should've said to "increase gradually". Just because starting at 400W was uncomfortable for me. I first thought it was only me, but then other people also wrote that they felt better increasing the amount gradually.

Rayser

That's interesting, thank you! ... I started with 750 Watt and never noticed anything negative but my mother told me she had a headache after the first time under the lights. I thought it might have been something else because it only happend the first time but if other people had problems, too.

Did you look into the lights? Might that have been the problem?

OP
T

Thomas

I have lots of daylight lamps laying around. These are 8500 k lights. They are not warm but have the same balance as the sunlight. I used them in my studio for painting. The colours are perfectly balanced just like under sunlight. Would they work? Or are the lamps you are talking about another kind?

thanks
Thomas

Rayser

Well, the sunlight contains UV, too. What you'd try to get is Infra Red.

J

j.

I'm talking about regular incandescent lights. I know they work, but maybe other posters here know whether the lights you have work as well.

Mittir

You need clear incandescent light, these lights are yellowish, not bright white. I did some checking it seems those 8500K bright lights have considerable amount of blue lights. You want to avoid these. Infra-red bulbs helps with heating but does not help with activating thyroid promoting enzyme. I have read that they are banning incandescent bulb in EU. But you can still buy heating lamps which uses incandescent bulbs, they uses this kind bulb in poultry. Buy either incandescent bulb with high wattage 250+ or heating lamp. Do not buy infrared lamp or halogen lamp. Here is link to wiki page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incandescent_lamp
http://www.amazon.com/Bulbrite-250BR40H ... B003P1MQDK

Rayser

@ Mittir ... Heat Lamps or Heat Bulbs ARE Infrared Light.

What you mean are infrared bulbs with red filter. They are unnessary.

The heat bulbs (infrared) have been recommended by Ray Peat via email to several people I know.

I don't know which enzyme you are talking about? I use the light to counter excited cells.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals